2015 collecting goals

Collect Reggie.

This has happened. Mainly a card or here every couple of weeks as they appear on eBay, which is rather uncommon.

But I've also taken to collecting Marcus Morris and Rodney Hood, picking up a few random RC's of some promising prospects, working on some rainbows, and adding to a few of the smaller player collections that I have.

Basically my collection is all over the place.

This has happened. Mainly a card or here every couple of weeks as they appear on eBay, which is rather uncommon.

But I've also taken to collecting Marcus Morris and Rodney Hood, picking up a few random RC's of some promising prospects, working on some rainbows, and adding to a few of the smaller player collections that I have.

Basically my collection is all over the place.

I've been big on Hood since he was drafted and he's turning out even better. Great choice.

I don't want to look at what my 2014 goals were. I know I strayed way off what I wanted to achieve.

My goal for 2015 is to hit 250 different Paul George cards. I'm currently sitting at 93. 157 additional shouldn't be too much of an issue with the amount of cards Panini is bringing out and the fact that I am going to cut back on collecting other side PC guys.

I would also like to collect as many of the 2013-14 PG Immaculate Jumbo Patches #/10 as I can. Currently I'm sitting on 2 (mail day to come as soon as my COMC delivery arrives).

I also want to get out to some card shows in NSW.
Achieved my goal of 250 different PG cards and it's only April. Currently at 270.

Collecting the other 8 PG Immaculate Numbers Patches is going to be difficult as I know of one guy who has 5 of them.

I'm going to have to set myself a new goal.

Have 400 different PG cards by the end of the year.

Last edited:
I just wanna ease myself back into collecting again. Finish a couple of low level base sets (Pinnacle & 1 other) as well as start a Steven Adams Collection, Tim Duncan Collection & maybe look to add to my Latrell Spreewell & Patrick Ewing collections.

A few things I'd like to do this year.

- Finish the 12-13 Preferred Crown Gold RC Auto set Currently 97/100 !!! So hard to find these last 3.
- Keep adding to the 13-14 Gold Standard RC Prime Patch auto set #/10. Currently 8/30? Need Oladipo and MCW from the high end rooks, have most of the other pricey ones. Not really chasing these, just adding some decently priced ones when I find them.

- Sell off a lot of my High-end Kemp collection.
Love the Reignman, but he's just too expensive to collect for someone that never won a ring or will get into the HOF. Just comes a time to say enough's enough. I'll grab some low-end stuff in Sonics Uni, but Immaculate patches and logos at 500 a pop is not worth it when i can add so many more better cards.

Something I've been thinking of; I would like to start a top 50 players on card auto chase. I'd try and start with Wilt of course being the most expensive, so we'll see how that goes.

Achieved my goal of 250 different PG cards and it's only April. Currently at 270.

Collecting the other 8 PG Immaculate Numbers Patches is going to be difficult as I know of one guy who has 5 of them.

Getting close to the end of July and I am currently 3 cards away from my goal of 400 different PG cards. I will grab those additional 3 cards throughout the next 4 months at some stage. My new goal is to stay disciplined and not buy any more cards (unless they are numbered to 5 or less) for the rest of the year.

I did pick up one more 13/14 Immaculate Numbers Patch to take me to three. This will show up in my next COMC mail day.

Good luck to those of you still chasing your goals.

Officially reached my main 2015 goal:

Which means only 25 rookie year cards left to hunt down. However it took me 6-7 weeks to increase that percentage by only 2% so its going to start getting very hard now.

Onward and upward to the 500 cards in the PC milestone I suppose!

One card away from that milestone! Only 16 rookie year cards left to hunt down too.

Okay, so aonther year is winding down - how did we all do against our goals?

My 2015 goals:
  • Raise the percentage of the Faried rookie catalogue to 90% (currently hovering around 79% complete)
  • Pickup both a Pistons & Spurs T-Mac auto, and a prime patch from each team
  • Finish the crusade and prizm sets (doing both at the same time wasn't wise!)
  • Start a small Kyle Lowry Raptors side PC once the above point is don

• Raise the percentage of the Faried rookie catalogue to 90% (currently hovering around 79% complete) - completed 23/04/2015
  • Pickup both a Pistons & Spurs T-Mac auto, and a prime patch from each team - Added no new autos, prime patch from Houston and Orlando only
  • Finish the crusade and prizm sets (doing both at the same time wasn't wise!) - Prizm completed (last card awaiting comc shipment, didnt realise I was still missing one after my last shipment) and sold off the crusade set to a collector looking to do the crusade master set in all colours not black.
  • Start a small Kyle Lowry Raptors side PC once the above point is done - Started, added some super nice pieces and then used some as trade bait for other items I wanted more
As of tonight, I've got my Faried PC up to 94.9% rookie year owned and only hunting 13 more to acquire them all. It's becoming pretty hard to find anything that I need...

A few things I'd like to do this year.

- Finish the 12-13 Preferred Crown Gold RC Auto set Currently 97/100 !!! So hard to find these last 3. Still haven't found the missing three, should pull my finger out and email panini to see if they were even made.
- Keep adding to the 13-14 Gold Standard RC Prime Patch auto set #/10. Currently 8/30? Need Oladipo and MCW from the high end rooks, have most of the other pricey ones. Not really chasing these, just adding some decently priced ones when I find them. Didn't add any to these as everyone wants a stupid price for them.. Ryan Kelly.. 150 usd.. no thanks.

- Sell off a lot of my High-end Kemp collection.Sold 2 Immac patches.. bought another 30 or so high end Kemps, mainly Flawless. :rolleyes:
Love the Reignman, but he's just too expensive to collect for someone that never won a ring or will get into the HOF. Just comes a time to say enough's enough. I'll grab some low-end stuff in Sonics Uni, but Immaculate patches and logos at 500 a pop is not worth it when i can add so many more better cards.

Something I've been thinking of; I would like to start a top 50 players on card auto chase. I'd try and start with Wilt of course being the most expensive, so we'll see how that goes. Never got this off the ground.. lol

What I did do that I was happy with though was start a Supersonics on-card auto collection. I don't know the exact number I have, not all that many, but it's been a slow process after the more common ones. Most of them are absolute scrubs, but seeing all that green and gold makes me happy.

I also did the Court kings Fresh Paint Rookie set. Nothing much to be excited about, but I like the look of the cards.

Good to see I was able to knock off my goals a couple of times.

Initially 250 different PG cards, then revised to 400 by the end of the year. I have just hit the 450 mark which equates to over 37% of the total cards made (including 1/1's). I'm pretty happy with the effort!!

I was also able to pick up another of the Immaculate Numbers Patches taking me to 3 out of 10. A couple of the Logos patches (different set which were numbered to 12 instead of 10) came up for sale a week or so ago for an asking price of $200! Little bit expensive in my opinion. If they were the Numbers patches I would have put an offer in.

I'm not sure what my goal will be for 2016. Maybe try concentrating on cutting back a little...

My 2014 goals:
- 250 Jason Kidd Autos
- Convert more of my Prizm golds into rainbows.

2014 so far:
- 309 Jason Kidd Autos
- Out of 65 12-13 Gold Prizms, I only need to convert 15 more into rainbows.

2015 goals:
- 375 Jason Kidd Autos

I will end 2015 with 427 Jason Kidd Autos :D

My goals are a little bit different to others for 2015, seeing that I've just returned to the hobby from an 18 year break. I'm just gonna happy to plod along and add to my Jason Kidd, Reggie Miller, Paul George, Dirk Nowitzki and Michael Jordan PC's, and at the same time try and pick up some cheap numbered cards of other players who I like, like the /50 card of David West I picked up for $1.
So mainly, Kidd, Miller, George, Nowitzki, Jordan and cheap quality cards!
Good luck everyone.
I've impressed myself with how much I've added to the PC's. Lots of cheap base cards added to the Kidd, Miller and Sprewell collections mainly, and my George, Nowitzki, Jordan and Shabazz Muhammad are just side-PCs, trying to add cards by trade only and not through cash. Will be working on what my 2016 goals will be soon.

First of all, great thread and thanks for starting.
In 2015 I want to:

1. Complete my 11/12 UD Home Court Signatures set - I need 1 more - James Worthy which I cannot find.
2. Complete my 11/12 Elusive Ink Set - I need 1 more - Kenny Smith
3. POSSIBLY enter the world that is a PSA 8 MJ Fleer RC. I would need to seek out some major funds for this but I think I want to spend cash on higher end cards in 2015 instead of boxes/smaller inserts.
4. I will edit later :)

1. Tick :)
2. Tick :)
3. Never entered! I wish I did, prices have gone up.

I didn't bust any boxes and also did end up buying some trashy cards ($5-20 stuff) and didn't focus as much as I would have liked to on higher end stuff!
The dollar also killed off a lot of buying.

Back
Top Bottom