NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if anyone is looking for a comparison, the WC Eagles in the AFL were the junky club for a while. They've totally rebuilt their club. What's to say the Titans cannot do the same.

You're a tad misinformed, yes some of the Eagles boys used drugs and the hierarchy swept it under the carpet, however calling them a junky club is plain wrong.

I agree, the Titans can turn themselves around if we could, just need the right people around to do so.

You're a tad misinformed, yes some of the Eagles boys used drugs and the hierarchy swept it under the carpet, however calling them a junky club is plain wrong.

I agree, the Titans can turn themselves around if we could, just need the right people around to do so.

Not sure how. I got the info straight from AFL.com.au

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-01/drugs-derailed-us-cox-

Hmmm...

Can this be my first strike? Can I have two more?

Anyway. They got better, so the Titans should be able to do the same.

and the hierarchy swept it under the carpet,

Not the language I'd use.

They tried to deal with it internally, while also trying to respect the private lives of the players. After all they're a football club, just another employer, not a draconian extension of law enforcement, and the majority of players at the club were on the level - Chick and Embley came to blows over the off field discretions of Cousins and Co. whatever was being said or done about their privates lives, none of it was affecting their performances on the field.

Unfortunately their efforts fell on deaf ears, and Worsfold would be the first to tell you he was naive at believing he had their faith and respect, and took them at their word. They were given an inch and they took a mile.

And even years after leaving the club many of them are still deep in it. Cousins has relapsed numerous times, and both Chick (steroids) and Fletcher (cocaine) have been arrested.

Pretty much what the Suns are facing now, with reports that as far back as two years ago there was known off season recreational drug use by players at the club.

Taumalolo resigns with cowboys until end of 2017

How good to see a player stay loyal to a club that brought him through the system despite huge offers elsewhere.

Respect for Taumalolo for this and for staying loyal to NZ at international level.

Big year for Cowboys I think

He's a beast!!
I'm glad you have that opinion, I did feel sorry for your boys when Teddy dogged it on ya's
But I was super stoked lemme tell ya!!

Yeah I was stoked when we jagged Tedesco but felt bad for Tigers so when he reneged I wasn't cranky. It is always great to see local juniors stay with clubs, Canberra will have a tough year but lots of local juniors pushing through now and one if them is a very deserved captain!!

Yeah, My apprentice plays in the 20's for the Raiders.
don't know how they'll go this year...

if we lose docker over this ill be so pissed.

its the biggest contradiction of a signing, going to put us in the same situation as like what we were in with lewis.

unless plum does reitre and we piss kite off then it will be perfect.

Not Rugby League but definitely RL related.

Hunt plead to cocaine possession charges yesterday, supply charges were downgraded to possession. His has been suspended another 6 weeks by the Reds and fined $30,000. I thought he would be looking at some sort if WADA suspension also. I just listened to his press conference, good to see him man up and admit his mistakes.

I imagine that this will get the Titans players thinking as the evidence against all parties would be similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom