NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he would be looking at some sort if WADA suspension also.

Wasn't a competition period, cocaine is only prohibited in the WADA code during a competition period. An recent example was UFC champion Jon Jones, he tested positive for cocaine in mid December when his fight was in early January, hence his positive test was "out of competition" and he didn't incur any penalties. On the other hand Wendell Sailor tested positive during the Super Rugby season, hence his 2 year ban.

Wasn't a competition period, cocaine is only prohibited in the WADA code during a competition period. An recent example was UFC champion Jon Jones, he tested positive for cocaine in mid December when his fight was in early January, hence his positive test was "out of competition" and he didn't incur any penalties. On the other hand Wendell Sailor tested positive during the Super Rugby season, hence his 2 year ban.

Thanks for clearing that up

Good signing. Aside from maybe Prince would this be the GC Titans first genuine marquee signing?
Aside from Prince, i am sure Greg Bird was a marquee signing, and so was Jamal Idris, Nate Myles. A really major step forward getting DCE.

Yeah, the NRL but don't they guarantee all players contract as part of what the players association negotiated for them years ago.

Yeah, the NRL but don't they guarantee all players contract as part of what the players association negotiated for them years ago.
From what i know, that is right. Always a get out clause attached.

If he turns up as the "face of the game" or some similar 3rd party deal involving NRL then that would be time to riot.

It certainly is sanctioned by the NRL for the good of the Titans club, there is no doubt about that. Basically a last ditch effort to save the Titans for the future and i applaud that reasoning. It certainly had nothing to do with the training facilities or the Head Office, as they train at a school, out of demountable facilities and the HO is inside the council building, whereas you would have to be inside the building and look for a poxy little sign at a reception desk to know where they are. They have juniors galore ready to come through, either from the coast or brisbane, so it is a NRL based deal and rightly so, that may sound biased but this is the last chance for a Gold Coast team. Maybe Foran is next, there is that possibility as the New Zealand culture up here is amazing in the junior ranks.

From what I can make out and what I was told back in October, there are a few players coming off back ended contracts so there is money in the cap to get more names. 2016 was always going to be a spending spree for the Titans, the club have been building for it. I think its just a coincidence that the NRL take over of the Titans and the DCE signing all happened at the same time

Not a rumour but thought I would share.

I referee a bit of Touch Rugby League on the side, mainly for the fitness aspect but the extra $$ is handy for the hobby. Anyway I had the pleasure of refereeing Darren SMITH tonight. A bit slower then the old days but still glides across the turf, puts his runners in space with perfectly timed passes and runs great lines. On top of all that he is a very decent bloke and an all time Rugby League legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom