Your Thoughts on Elite 2016

collect94

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Wayne
eBay User
cbuoty
Overall I was very impressed. I just thought there could have been another numbered insert at around the 1:168 mark to avoid the dud boxes.

I personally think this is the best set for signatures, insets and design in general. K

Best release for ESP by a country mile. But as always there is room for some constructive feedback:

I think that the box cards are a great idea but there need to be half a dozen, otherwise they are a worthless bin card. Select did this in 2001 and 2002 and they were great. I also loved the 300 game case cards Select made. I'd love to see this concept used for box cards.

The Engine Room cards felt like they were straight from Traders. Especially compared to Triple Threats or Pride & Passions from 2013/2014 Elite. They were out-blinged by the commons.

The case cards were drab, and getting sick of Smith and Thurston for EVERYTHING.

Collation seems a bit out. Also a lot of cases churning out cards that are very similar to each other. I have seen Lolohea 15-20 come out in order. We'll probably see a run of #001s all at once I reckon. My cases had a hit in each box with no duds, but obviously this is not the story in most

BUT

Cards released in all locations on the same day. Thumbs up ESP

The mojo designs were out of this world - fantastic. Such an improvement from providing an ugly $300 parallel last year.

The jerseys look great, as do the redemption cards

Having the R&G Parallels numbered are THE best part of the series for me. The release needed this card, and unlike the All Stars last year, there are two for each team.

Good player selection in autos

Can't wait to see the Warriors make the finals so that Manu Vatuvei can have a jersey signature next year! It will go nicely with a Ben Matulino Traders signature.

What a great set.

Last edited:
I think the biggest positive about this release is no parrallels. Finally they have listened on that front and the release is so much better for it.

Last edited:
Agreed - although I think it's more of a case of (after last years abomination) they had to load this release...

Bought 8 packs this morning from the news agent

Was lucky enough to hit a league sensation

They are a real nice product made on a nice thick card base. got a couple of regular run and guns regular they look real nice in hand.

Gold cards look real nice as well, only insert that doesn't really mark up in this product is the engine rooms

Have not seen a Capt card in hand yet

Overall a top quality product

I have only opened 1 box and it was a dud, good product but not happy with a dud.
What is even the point of them?

I really like the look of this set but my terrible luck kills it for me. The only time I've even come close to touching a numbered insert was when I saw a Traders Manly Dynamic Duo being busted at a card fair last year

Back
Top Bottom