Your Card of the year

Absolutely spot on Michael - finding them for sale irrespective of the price is the hardest part. Take Card Zone for example - they have no Marsh/Lillee sigs, no Warne hat-trick sigs, no Mark Waugh World Cup Master Batsman sigs - if the biggest card shop in Australia doesn't have them well where do you find them?? The old supply vs demand argument, and why the price of these cards will keep going up - especially the Warne hat-trick sig, given Warne refused to sign for Select this year. Who knows if he will ever sign for a trading card company again? He may only ever have 3 signature cards for us to collect (94/95, 95/96 and 04/05).

People seem willing to pay more for the low number sigs generally I think because they are thought to be harder to get - that the hard core collectors snap them up and tuck them away in their collections and they rarely come into the marketplace. I agree that it shouldn't really matter what the number is so long as you have one! But I do believe that a set of sigs all with the same number should certainly command a higher price. I think the lower numbers are more sought after when the cards are inserted straight into packets as opposed to a redemption (ie 08/09 state sigs).

absolutely, a full set with the same numbers should always be worth more, a lot more effort gone into obtaining the set :)

so if any one out there has a hat trick auto or marsh/lillee for sale they would probably start a lively auction on OCT or evil bay?

or they could just PM me :whistle:

The Futera Cricket release for 2010 will be released later in the year as Futera are focusing on the World Cup Soccer and a collector card release for that. So we have to be patient fellas!

I have a Caught Marsh/ Bowled Lille auto but the redemption does not have a hole, does this hold any more/less value?

Lets put this one to bed shall we!, the only reason that there isn't a hole in the redemption card is the poor line animal that opens the post (lots of it) forgets to get the standard hole punch out (retailing for $3.99 from office works) and punch a hole in the card!!

How can a card with a hole in it be worth more than an intact one! The only repercussion is that someone can resend the redemption to get another card. That is assuming it can be redeemed (RIP Futera!!!)

Lets put this one to bed shall we!, the only reason that there isn't a hole in the redemption card is the poor line animal that opens the post (lots of it) forgets to get the standard hole punch out (retailing for $3.99 from office works) and punch a hole in the card!!

How can a card with a hole in it be worth more than an intact one! The only repercussion is that someone can resend the redemption to get another card. That is assuming it can be redeemed (RIP Futera!!!)

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...et/58625-1994-95-futera-signature-series.html

Its a shame you got done that way, we have been trying to avoid this by developing our card price guide! What did you pay for it?
Its also a shame you punched it yourself, its probably worth more unpunched!

You suggested it first! The redemption card for the Marsh/ Lillie is individually numbered so it would be difficult to resend to obtain another :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom