Your Card of the year

Ultimate TC

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
Just thought Id start a thread to show off your pick up of the year.

Here's mine kinda small but still my best pickup :)

scan0001-3.jpg

Top card John :thumbsup:

Well it is a no-brainer for me... Thanks to Brad, my 1st high end purchase...
LMSig.jpg

2009 has been a huge year for me! I became a member of OCT in April 09 and I had none of the signature cards listed in the link below. So have a little look at all of my sig cards that I have picked up this year... Will be impossible to top these cards in 2010. Thanks to everybody that has helped and Merry Christmas to all! Won't be back until boxing day :D

CRICKET SIGNATURES pictures by wiredworldofsports - Photobucket

What a huge year for you Liam - I remember the Marsh/Lillee purchase was a massive commitment for you - and now look at how far your collection has come! Incredible!!

I had a big year also, and it was a major effort for a number of my cards just to make the final let alone appear on the podium!! :D

Some people might be surprised by the winner of my bronze medal, but I just love the numbering on this card. My 2002 Topps Gilly GU was a very unlucky 4th placing!

The silver and gold were a very short-priced quinella however, paying only $1.04!!! :p

PA230088.jpg

3 IC2.jpg

AB sig 4.jpg

i think mine would be my Marcus North 2008/09 State Star Signature, but its soon to be my Marcus North Elite Signature when it arrives!

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

my best cricket card so far this year would be my pup clarke 2003 esp auto. but hopefully i can pull a redemption in my box of 09/10 cricket im getting for christmas!

Mine would have to be the Bradman "The Legend" Gem from this latest series. Pretty average when you look at some of the other cards people have bought/pulled this year, but it's still a fine achievement from 10 packs bought - nice to get a Bradman in the collection, too.

my best cricket card so far this year would be my pup clarke 2003 esp auto. but hopefully i can pull a redemption in my box of 09/10 cricket im getting for christmas!

i did it!

got gilly master signature redemption in my box yesterday:)

definately my best card of 09

2009-12-26-1652-38.jpg

Hi everyone,

I have been offline for some time, hope you all had a great Xmas. I think that my best pick up for 09 was the ACB Gold 2002 Damien Martyn sig, his sig is hard to get (authenticated). This is just infornt of the Border Master I got in the case buy.

Gilly and Border master cards are up there but they don't match up to my top 3 for the year:

1. Futera Shane Warne Auto Hat Trick card (#150) (absolute bargain)
2. Futera Don Bradman Auto card (#25)
3. Futera Mark Waugh Premier batsmen Auto (#100)

Ricky Ponting run machine Auto card is not far behind.....ahhh too hard to decide.

Gilly and Border master cards are up there but they don't match up to my top 3 for the year:

1. Futera Shane Warne Auto Hat Trick card (#150) (absolute bargain)
2. Futera Don Bradman Auto card (#25)
3. Futera Mark Waugh Premier batsmen Auto (#100)

Ricky Ponting run machine Auto card is not far behind.....ahhh too hard to decide.

can we see scans mate? im jealous, id love to get my hands on a warnie hat trick sig but they just never come up for sale :cry:
so far im going to go with border gold seal sig or gilly master, not too sure yet but if i see the warnie sig i might change my mind. i'll have a look tonight and see if ive got any decent new cricket cards to add to this thread.

Top card John :thumbsup:

Well it is a no-brainer for me... Thanks to Brad, my 1st high end purchase...
LMSig.jpg

2009 has been a huge year for me! I became a member of OCT in April 09 and I had none of the signature cards listed in the link below. So have a little look at all of my sig cards that I have picked up this year... Will be impossible to top these cards in 2010. Thanks to everybody that has helped and Merry Christmas to all! Won't be back until boxing day :D

CRICKET SIGNATURES pictures by wiredworldofsports - Photobucket

Sorry I had to quote your pic Liam as it is the ultimate Sig Card for me.......I have wanted one ever since they came out! I'll get one - one day (lol)

I too have Brad to thank for my Card of the year:
(It came in a set that cost me a packet but it's still my CARD of the year)
16523d1250748985t-1996-heritage-set-singles-sale-10.jpg

Should also thank Ming for sending me an AFL box with a Captain Sig Card in it that paid for the whole set and some :D
Cheers

Well 2009 has definately been a big year for me also!! I found the old cricket card collection (consisting entirely of futera commons), and got right back into things, even joining OCT at the end of August. As you can probably imagine, there have been many huge pick-ups for me this year, and to pick one would be way too hard, so here is my top 5 for the year... (sorry no photos)...

5) 1995/96 Futera Ian Chappell Signature
4) 1994/95 Futera set of 6 Signatures (inc Warnie)
3) Both Select 1998/99 Superstar Signatures Mark Waugh and McGrath (part of an expensive but exciting 7 box bust which also yielded 7 Heroes Sigs - would I do it again?? Hell Yeah!!)
2) 1996 Futera World Cup Mark Waugh Premier Batsman Signature Card
1) 1996 Futera Heritage Collection (inc Bradman) - 58 signed cards!!

Now for my 5 most wanted cards in 2010...

5) 1995/96 Futera Greg Chappell and Greg Blewett Signatures
4) Remaining 6 1998/99 Select Hobby Heroes Signatures
3) 1998/99 Select Retail Don Bradman Signature
2) 1995/96 Futera Shane Warne Hat Trick Signature
1) 1996 Futera Elite C. Marsh B. Lillee Dual Signature

Thanks all for helping me out this year, and I look forward to many more rewarding times next year :thumbsup:

Top cards everybody, and such a wonderful mix from the gold seal to heritage to the recent master sigs! Outstanding!!! :thumbsup:

What a huge year for you Liam - I remember the Marsh/Lillee purchase was a massive commitment for you - and now look at how far your collection has come! Incredible!!

I had a big year also, and it was a major effort for a number of my cards just to make the final let alone appear on the podium!! :D

It wasn't so much the commitment Brad, but rather wondering how a relatively high numbered (of 250) sig card, could be worth so much :lol: But with all the interest I have had in that card and the fact you never see them for sale, vindicates my decision to buy it! (And to think I almost passed on it!!!) And now I barely blink at dropping coin on the rarer cricket cards :)

Your 09 was HUGE Brad, GOLD SEAL baby :D there is no way you can top that... ever... !!!

Raj, Dan, Grant and Richo all outstanding cards and ones I hope to be able to source in the future...

Good luck for 2010 everyone :)

It wasn't so much the commitment Brad, but rather wondering how a relatively high numbered (of 250) sig card, could be worth so much :lol:

I know it is surprising - but remember 50 of them were redeemed with the impact card, so technically there are only 200. But I reckon I have only ever seen about 10 of them (either for sale or in collections) - no idea where the other 190 of them are!!

2010 will be a big year for all I think - especially with the Futera international release (anyone heard any more on this?), I am expecting a lot of great maildays in the year ahead. This cricket forum has come a long way since the beginning of 2009 where it seems there was only about 5 people on here!

yes it is interesting isn't it, someone will give a price on something like lillee/marsh dual auto or a warne signed hat trick card [both of which I would really love to have in the PC] and say that is what they are worth, trick is to find one for sale-sometimes nearly impossible and then when you do find one have to decide how much you really want it and how much you are willing to pay.

and can some one explain why lower numbered inserts are worth more than the higher numbers? Doesn't seem to make much difference in my mind, as long as you have one that is the main thing? Unless of course the number has some sort of special meaning to you.

Back
Top Bottom