Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper League Trash Talk thread!

nenjabin

World's #1 Pat Burke Collector
Real Name
Benjamin Smith
eBay User
nenjabin
Hey guys,
Wondering if these exist and where you might find them? Have always wanted to join a keeper league but always struggle to find 1 and end up giving up or the search.
Anyone got any info? Perhaps we could start 1 if I knew how they run?

Ben

EDIT: While I'm not fully up to speed on the concept, I'd like to try and get a Keeper league going. So if you are committed to playing, not only this season but future seasons, drop a reply here. All I ask is that you play the seasons out as they go and we'll all collaborate to organise the league.

Re: Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper Leagues?

Well i'm in if it happens. The few i have been involved in have died after a season or two. I think this would be the ideal place to base one.

Well i'm in if it happens. The few i have been involved in have died after a season or two. I think this would be the ideal place to base one.

How do we do it mate? Do a live draft and then nominate say,...5 players that each person has to keep for next year, then they have to draft those 5 first at the start of the next season? I can't think of how it might work other than that (not that I have sat down to work it out.) Might have to look at it and try get 1 started if people are interested :) Happy to be the Commish.

I'd definitely be in for 1, I tried to do one two years ago but couldn't get the numbers.
You can do them through Yahoo

I'd be interested in giving one a go too.

They are also available through ESPN's Fantasy league which are free for the first time this year. I wanted to give ESPN a try this season but everyone seems set in their Yahoo ways and not interested in trying a different system.

You just start up a custom league, the in your settings you mark players as keepers before the draft, (there is a few different rules to choose from in regards to keeping),
Then the next season you retrieve your league and you keep all your keepers and the rest get put into the draft and it's as per usual,

You just start up a custom league, the in your settings you mark players as keepers before the draft, (there is a few different rules to choose from in regards to keeping),
Then the next season you retrieve your league and you keep all your keepers and the rest get put into the draft and it's as per usual,

Oh nice :) I'm happy to try and organise this and depending on who is in, we'll figure out sho should be a keeper and not and get it started! Always wanted to be in a keeper league, but never knew where to find 1...

Re: Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper Leagues? PM interest in playing!

Setting 1 up, lets get some talk happening and players in :D PM me for a spot if you're serious about wanting to play for multiple seasons.

Great, another 1 down :)

So is late night (midnight) during the week, or say somewhere between 8am-1pm on the weekend better for people for the live draft?

count me in Bob :) 5 to go :)

and I'm a fan of Sunday's and not late night's... I'm iron deficient, I can't stay up late cos I flake it :)

count me in Bob :) 5 to go :)

and I'm a fan of Sunday's and not late night's... I'm iron deficient, I can't stay up late cos I flake it :)

No prob. Cause they are set in US time, something like 8 hours from...4? to midnight are not available.

count me in too bro......and I prefer either late Friday night or weekends. lmk

Are you still entering "That Other" 20 team league nenjabin??? I think they are just waiting on the final two ppl to register.

count me in too bro......and I prefer either late Friday night or weekends. lmk

Will drop you the PM mate :) And yeah, Fridays would be the best late night 1 if we do that. I'll try and pick the best for everyone.

Are you still entering "That Other" 20 team league nenjabin??? I think they are just waiting on the final two ppl to register.

Not sure which 20 team league you're talking about? If you mean some league on another site, well I haven;t logged in there for nearly 2 weeks and don;t plan to any time soon either. :mad:

Looks like 4 to go :)

Curious, what is the done thing and the best thing in terms of keeping players at seasons end? 5 players a team out of the 14? Want to set this in stone before the draft cause obviously it will effect the way we draft. Also if we choose after the draft, everyone will have different opinions on how many players they want to keep! :lol:

Hey guys Ive played on yahoo a few times and I'll be keen to join a league, if any 1 is keen please hit me up my yahoo address is [email protected]
In the past no one has ever talked much, it pretty boring so let start talking...

I think that 3-5 is a good number. If its 5 and somebody flukes picking up young guys and has 5 of the top 10 players in a couple of seasons it can be a foregone conclusion who will win every year. So i guess i would say go with 4. So you could have 3 stars and a prospect.

Back
Top Bottom