Will The Mens Basketball Team Ever Catch Up To The US?

Lt23

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tim
The Boomers had a disappointing Olympic run end to the USA. Surprising? no. But it did make me think, if the Boomers could ever be on the Same level as Team USA?. We have up and coming stars in Patty and Ogilvy. But i dont think we could be competitive against them even though it'd be a dream.

Not a chance, even just the massive population diffference between the USA and Australia, means the talent pool alot bigger

303 million perople v 21 million people

Not a chance, even just the massive population diffference between the USA and Australia, means the talent pool alot bigger

303 million perople v 21 million people

Why are our women World Champions then? And I am aware the US beat us in the womens final at the Olympics....but population size is not a great guage otherwise China and India would be dominant.

Talent identification and the US college system certainly are a huge benefit though.

And even then take into account baseball, football etc and I dare say a higher % of Aussies play ball than Americans do.

We lose players to other codes but not on the scale they do in the States were both baseball and football are bigger codes.

Why are our women World Champions then? And I am aware the US beat us in the womens final at the Olympics....but population size is not a great guage otherwise China and India would be dominant.

Talent identification and the US college system certainly are a huge benefit though.

Ok u have a point re: Womans Basketball but i still think population size does have some affect, China killed everyone in the Olympics.

The more people playing a sport the greater the chances of finding natural talent in that particualr sport, also the coutries willing to invest the money in that sport will also tend to be a better at it.

Back
Top Bottom