Card Addict
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
st.george4life / TradingCardFactory
Interesting article re NRL / AFL & others

Why NRL deserves bumper TV deal | The Daily Telegraph

379121-tv-stats.jpg

well i know that i am happy with that graph despite coming 2nd and i think there may be a couple of happy bronco supporters on here that may not have seen this yet :lol:

These are great stats to help the non believers see cold hard facts in the NRL v AFL popularity myth..........and these figures would likely exclude NZ audiences.

How long until the AFL barrage of denial / abuse is launched........I'm guessing not so long :whistle:

Rgds
Ross

So the top 2 rated clubs in Australia are league clubs but the overall ratings (Total Ratings) are in favour of AFL...... How excatly is this hard facts that it's the more popular....? Yes, im pro AFL but I can also read an artical in it's entirity!

i am stoked for the eels coming 2nd but regardless of which code rates higher in what ever catagory the arguement over which code is better will just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: and on

i am stoked for the eels coming 2nd but regardless of which code rates higher in what ever catagory the arguement over which code is better will just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

Why stop there? :lol:

the truth hurts

What truth would that be you peanut?

Seriously, are you mentaly ill?

Yes, NRL has got the 2 most watched clubs in Australia, on TV that is, but if you can actually read, you would see that overall AFL has the higher Figures. Yes, I agree the NRL deserve a better TV deal then they have had in the past, but really this proves nothing. TV ratings and Crowd Attendances are still in favour of AFL as are club Membership numbers (I beleive, happy to be corrected)

Your a meat head mate, obviously as one eyed as they get and generally just have no idea about anything other then your own little fantasy world.

And yes I do understand that the debate will go on and on and on, but numbers do tell a lot...........

So the top 2 rated clubs in Australia are league clubs but the overall ratings (Total Ratings) are in favour of AFL...... How excatly is this hard facts that it's the more popular....? Yes, im pro AFL but I can also read an artical in it's entirity!

It's not really specified in the article, however, but the figures seem to just include the NRL and not any state of origin or internationals for rugby league, which attract huge ratings. Including them, rugby league would have the higher ratings overall.

Some people hold onto this issue way too tightly (based on your above post aussiemjfreak you are one of them, a little harsh imo, calling someone a meat head, one eyed living in a fanatsy land based on a 3 word post??????)

Who really gives a flying you know what, what rates higher. If you like the sport, then watch it. If you dont like it then dont watch it. Pretty simple. Both sports are very popular. Are we all really that precious that we need to count exactly what out rates what, and exactly how many fans there are of one sport compared to the other???

It cracks me up on the dailytelegraph website there are never ending league bashing comments from afl/union/soccer fans. If you dont like the sport so much then why do you take time out of your life to open the article, read it then comment on it????

Just enjoy what you enjoy, and leave others alone to enjoy what they enjoy. Find something useful to argue about.

Who really gives a flying you know what, what rates higher. If you like the sport, then watch it. If you dont like it then dont watch it. Pretty simple.

I couldnt have said it any better myself. Watch the sport you want.:) also learn to accept the fact that not everyone likes NRL and not everyone likes AFL, I dont think it matters in the slightest who has "the most" fans. The arguement seems silly.
Brplat

Some people hold onto this issue way too tightly (based on your above post aussiemjfreak you are one of them, a little harsh imo, calling someone a meat head, one eyed living in a fanatsy land based on a 3 word post??????)

Who really gives a flying you know what, what rates higher. If you like the sport, then watch it. If you dont like it then dont watch it. Pretty simple. Both sports are very popular. Are we all really that precious that we need to count exactly what out rates what, and exactly how many fans there are of one sport compared to the other???

It cracks me up on the dailytelegraph website there are never ending league bashing comments from afl/union/soccer fans. If you dont like the sport so much then why do you take time out of your life to open the article, read it then comment on it????

Just enjoy what you enjoy, and leave others alone to enjoy what they enjoy. Find something useful to argue about.

A. It's based on a lto more then a 3 word post... probably a dozen or so of the same style of response, the "meathead" wants to argue/debate everything but, can not seem to use anymore then 3 words at a time.

B. I don't hold on too tightly to anything, I was just stating facts as they were written.

C. I couldn't give a flying fk about most of it, but I do watch both sports, I am pro AFL though, I'll admit that, but I can also read, research and understand a lot of what is out there where as a few members seem unable to comprehend facts ad figures.

Is there anything wrong with liking a bit of a debate? Sure, I might have go a bit carried away with the whole Meathead and Fantasy Land jibe but geeze if the guy was serious at all about what he's trying to portray, you'd like to think he would at least try and debate it decently!

What truth would that be you peanut?

Seriously, are you mentaly ill?

Yes, NRL has got the 2 most watched clubs in Australia, on TV that is, but if you can actually read, you would see that overall AFL has the higher Figures. Yes, I agree the NRL deserve a better TV deal then they have had in the past, but really this proves nothing. TV ratings and Crowd Attendances are still in favour of AFL as are club Membership numbers (I beleive, happy to be corrected)

Your a meat head mate, obviously as one eyed as they get and generally just have no idea about anything other then your own little fantasy world.

And yes I do understand that the debate will go on and on and on, but numbers do tell a lot...........

If i am as one eyed as they come maybe you should take a long hard look at yourself buddy

getting all worked up over a sly smart ass coment i made and i see you took the bait

:whistle:i rest my case;):lol::dw:

How long until the AFL barrage of denial / abuse is launched........I'm guessing not so long :whistle:

Rgds
Ross

I should have run a book......I thought given the challenge they would come. :lol: it was much like fishing given the right bait you'll catch something.

I couldnt have said it any better myself. Watch the sport you want.:) also learn to accept the fact that not everyone likes NRL and not everyone likes AFL, I dont think it matters in the slightest who has "the most" fans. The argument seems silly.
Brplat

I actually like both codes and also Rugby, hey I just love any sport I even watched 3 hours of World Championship darts last night.......Like it has been said before everyone should accept others choices and opinions with respect... there's nothing wrong with a bit of cross code rivalry just don't make it personal by taking any comment to personally....

Cheers
Ross

Back
Top Bottom