What s going to happen to the titans?!

troy titans douglas

Nrl Titans Collector
Real Name
Troy
very sad to wake up to the news over here, hearing 4 players including My favourite Greg bird, have been stood down indefinitely..

How will this affect the club?
Do you suspect they will be banned from nrl for 2 years like Wendell sailor?
Will this stop cherry Evans from signing?

It's hard to keep up from the UK but I am devastated :(

It's going to free up a lot of salary cap space, give some younger players NRL exposure and they'll probably have to sign up some older players who missed the cut elsewhere.

Innocent until proven guilty of course but obviously some players may have had a 'momentary lack of judgement' I hope they are all found not guilty but too late for damaging the club as a whole. Bird and Taylor a huge loss and will be hard to replace, signed rookies/fringe players will get the spots. It will mean DCE will sign as they will offer him more money now and we all know DCE is greedy ;-) Hard to say how long they will be banned if found guilty, at least a year?

Also if the players are found guilty we get space in the cap for this year right? So they could sign some players to cover the loss of the players. It sucks because they don't even have a sponsor yet, going to cost them like the Sharks

Titans players are facing a four year ban if found guilty for supplying cocaine

Last edited:
31658_Scarface.jpg

I don't know that the cap space will become immediately available. They would have to apply for an exemption, and the players have already taken the field this year for the titans... Liam Fulton retired last year and his contract was still in our cap - and for the remaining 2 years of it Last I heard. I can't see why retiring or being expelled would be different when it comes to the cap...

very sad to wake up to the news over here, hearing 4 players including My favourite Greg bird, have been stood down indefinitely..

Do you suspect they will be banned from nrl for 2 years like Wendell sailor?

It'd be a farce if they didn't get at least the same as Wendell!! That's if they're guilty, but hard to imagine that it's just a beat up.

Was KH one of the other Bronco players that WS took the rap for??

It'd be a farce if they didn't get at least the same as Wendell!! That's if they're guilty, but hard to imagine that it's just a beat up.

Was KH one of the other Bronco players that WS took the rap for??

Wendell was hammered 15 years ago...
This is now. I would think they will get Wendells and some!!

Wendell tested positive for cocaine, unlike Hunt and the Titans. So while they could be guilty of a criminal act (buying/trafficking/supplying narcotics) I don't see them coming under the WADA code, as there's no evidence to suggest they had cocaine in their system during in a competition period.

So depending on the court's verdicts, even if the NRL boots them out, they could still end up in Super League or Top 14.

Im not convinced the club should have to wear the consequences of this. (Unless of course they were involved) What the players do on the field, yes. What they do off the field, no. If these guys get done for supplying, they should get a life ban! These guys are our kids mentors! If they get done for using, yeah ban them for a few years, teach everyone a lesson. In my perfect world, I'd life ban them even for use.

Id hate to see this damage the titans indefinitely.

M

All 3 code Nrl,afl,union are now being investigated, karmichael was caught last year for supplying so this back tracks 1-2 years so this could get very messy for all codes, and I'm guessing there will be a lot more big names come out of this

I just heard that the suspended GC Titans players are considering suing the GC Titans if they are not allowed to play after their first court appearance, thoughts?

To my thinking this is a very selfish act if they did so, the club is already struggling and under financial pressure. The club has absolutely done the right thing by suspending them and I believe that they would still be getting paid.

Criminal charges and possible court outcomes aside the mere fact that they have been charged is enough to suspend them. Look at Ferguson, charged and suspended before he was found guilty. He did come back for one game after an initial 6 week or so ban however but was then sacked.

Todd Carney, sacked and most likely will never play NRL again for a stupid act. Yes he had significant history for off field incidents but nothing as bad as Bird, if that bloke ever plays NRL again the system is a joke.

I think they'll survive.

I'm interested if the FOG of Qld is going to be named.

Then the Titans story will be almost forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom