What s going to happen to the titans?!

On the funnier side...

Screen Shot 2015-02-24 at 12.40.34 pm.png

More people to be announced soon apparently, Including a ex-player who is a future immortal. This is from what I've read this morning - not 100% sure if it's all true, guess we will have to wait and find out !

I think in the best interests of the code, the NRL should definitely ensure DCE signs with the Titans and they re-build the brand, the team and not concede the region to the AFL. Once it's on an even keel, looking for potential investors and/or buyers. Furthermore, there should be increased spending for advertising and promotion not only for the Titans, but IMHO, expansion teams outside of Brisbane and Sydney which include the Storm, Raiders, Cowboys, Knights, Warriors as well as potential expansion teams (not limited to) - Perth, Wellington, Central Qld, etc. I would also argue these teams deserve 'extra' in their cap be it cash or allowances to encourage players to move to these teams - it's not like Sydney / Brisbane teams haven't had 50-100 years to get their finances in order, nor their membership bases. Lastly, I'd like to see the NRL advise Channel 9 that as of 2016, there is a far more diverse range of teams shown on Channel 9's Friday night football to encourage regional sponsors and investors to get behind these teams.

SS - I think there is plenty of scope there to debate the pros and cons of that suggestion.

I definitely think it's time to expand. Brisbane needs a local derby. Perth is begging for a team. Wellington / NZ2 are making all the right noises and moves, and a NZ derby would be great IMHO.

I also think Sydney is saturated, and it's a case of 'anyone but my team' when it's discussed. I think there's definite scope to trim Sydney by one team and encourage them to move to Brisbane, although personally, I like the Brisbane Bombers colours and logo they put up. St George-Illawarra should really be playing 2/3 of their games in the 'Gong and shoring up the South Coast all the way to the Vic border along with Canberra (who also have the Riverina) and Penrith should be aligned with Western Division NSW too (I believe they are making moves to shore that up themselves).

Wests Tigers really needs to be renamed West Sydney Tigers and made to play in the Campbelltown/Narellan region. The next 20-50 years will be massive growth out there, and they need a week in, week out team there.

Manly-Warringah should have been looking at shoring up the Central Coast/North Sydney region too by expanding its membership and promotion reaches in to these areas instead of the pig-headed Insular Peninsula attitude. Yet, a team in constant chaos for a decade has been one of the most successful on it, go figure! The Chooks have moved in to the CC, so I wonder if that will lead to a softly-softly partial or full relocation in the future. Interesting times there. Central Coast needs a team, but I only see a relocation working. If it's the Chooks, so be it, but the carrot should be dangled.

For mine, the Sharks own their own ground...the only club to do so in the NRL. It would be madness to let them go. In fact, if I was the NRL, I would encourage the Sharks to utilise their facility in summer by having an A-League team. Crazy? Maybe. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and soccer plays in summer, many of its fans are RL fans and the money the Sharks would make with a summer/winter arrangement would be perfect IMHO.

That really leaves Para, Souths - here we go...'anyone but my team', and the Bulldogs. Personally, I think the Eels are needed in Western Sydney and their army of fans/members is pretty big considering how crap they have been since 2009. But as Souths have shown, it's all cyclical and teams go up and down, so if they can win, they may well cement their base too. The Bulldogs tested the waters in Brisbane by moving games. They have done lots of work with memberships there too. Perhaps another softly-softly relocation? So who moves to Brisbane and why? Not suggesting either, or anyone else, but would be interesting arguing. Who knows? Not me. Just like to debate and daydream.

I also think 18 teams is suffice. But 20 is a possibility down the track, especially if we shore up PNG, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa and improve the international side of our game.

In regards to the cocaine, it is interesting both the Suns and the Titans coaches left/were relieved of duty in 2014. It would be interesting to hear what they know, if anything. I don't think the NRL is the only team on the Gold Coast partying.

I also found this interesting, despite News Ltd's assertions in the Tele, Courier-Mail and on Foxsports:

CCC media statement — 24.02.2015
The Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) has decided to issue this statement to clarify information about its ongoing investigation into a cocaine trafficking syndicate operating in South-East Queensland.

Suggestions the CCC leaked information to the media
The CCC has received a number of requests for detailed briefings on this investigation and the CCC has declined. The CCC cannot control reporting where details have come from sources other than the CCC.

The CCC routinely investigates highly sensitive and high profile matters across both its crime and public sector corruption divisions. It is the long-standing practice of the CCC not to release specific details or operational information during the course of its investigations.

The CCC has issued two media releases about this investigation. The CCC did not name individuals in these statements. The CCC issued the second media release after other parties had already named the individuals served with Notices to Appear in Court.

Scope of the CCC investigation
There have been a number of inaccurate media reports about this ongoing investigation. The CCC understands there is a high level of interest in this investigation from a number of organisations and the media. However, the CCC cautions against the use of information from sources other than the CCC.

The totality of these inaccuracies has led to reports that exaggerate the scope of the CCC’s current investigation.
Restrictions on providing information
The secrecy provisions of the Crime and Corruption Act 2001 and other legislation prevent the CCC from releasing confidential information. The CCC appreciates some sporting organisations and individuals have an interest in the outcome of this investigation and have their own processes to enact. However, it is not appropriate or legal for the CCC to provide briefings about its investigations to third parties, particularly when those investigations are ongoing and relate to matters before the courts.

The CCC does not brief employers or other interested third parties about allegations against the subjects of its crime investigations.

This is a criminal investigation. The appropriate place for details of the allegations to be presented and tested is the courts.

CCC’s jurisdiction
The CCC is a Queensland state agency. The CCC does not have the legislative basis to investigate offences that occur in other jurisdictions. Speculation that the CCC is investigating matters in other jurisdictions is therefore inaccurate.

Timeline and limited details of investigation
The CCC’s public statements have indicated this investigation is focused on a cocaine trafficking syndicate operating in South-East Queensland. At no stage has the CCC alleged any individuals charged in the last week have been trafficking cocaine or that there is a syndicate operating primarily in sporting organisations.

Consistent with previous media releases, the CCC will allege individuals served with a Notice to Appear in Court arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues (see previous media releases).

The CCC will not allege any of the individuals charged in the last week used illegal substances in a performance enhancing capacity.

Based on current information, the CCC expects any further arrests of current or former sportspeople will occur by the end of this week or early next week. However, if new information comes to hand the CCC may consider further arrests.

The CCC’s investigation remains focused on the cocaine trafficking syndicate

More people to be announced soon apparently, Including a ex-player who is a future immortal. This is from what I've read this morning - not 100% sure if it's all true, guess we will have to wait and find out !

heard lockyer a couple days ago from one of my customers. just checked facebook and everyone is lockyer lockyer lockyer. really will become an immortal quickly than if its true

lol who cares
Obviously you don't care Shane, you have made it obvious, so why bother commenting.

Sydney is saturated with teams, get rid of the Sharks. Put their fans out of their misery. God knows I couldn't be able to bear 47 YEARS AND NOTHING!!!!!!!

Edit: Please refrain from name calling and personal attacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw posted on another side that this was a big day in NRL for the NRL.

Basically took decisive action AND said they had the money and the clout to run the team.

I think it put certain other codes on notice.

SS - I think there is plenty of scope there to debate the pros and cons of that suggestion.

I definitely think it's time to expand. Brisbane needs a local derby. Perth is begging for a team. Wellington / NZ2 are making all the right noises and moves, and a NZ derby would be great IMHO.

I also think Sydney is saturated, and it's a case of 'anyone but my team' when it's discussed. I think there's definite scope to trim Sydney by one team and encourage them to move to Brisbane, although personally, I like the Brisbane Bombers colours and logo they put up. St George-Illawarra should really be playing 2/3 of their games in the 'Gong and shoring up the South Coast all the way to the Vic border along with Canberra (who also have the Riverina) and Penrith should be aligned with Western Division NSW too (I believe they are making moves to shore that up themselves).

Wests Tigers really needs to be renamed West Sydney Tigers and made to play in the Campbelltown/Narellan region. The next 20-50 years will be massive growth out there, and they need a week in, week out team there.

Manly-Warringah should have been looking at shoring up the Central Coast/North Sydney region too by expanding its membership and promotion reaches in to these areas instead of the pig-headed Insular Peninsula attitude. Yet, a team in constant chaos for a decade has been one of the most successful on it, go figure! The Chooks have moved in to the CC, so I wonder if that will lead to a softly-softly partial or full relocation in the future. Interesting times there. Central Coast needs a team, but I only see a relocation working. If it's the Chooks, so be it, but the carrot should be dangled.

For mine, the Sharks own their own ground...the only club to do so in the NRL. It would be madness to let them go. In fact, if I was the NRL, I would encourage the Sharks to utilise their facility in summer by having an A-League team. Crazy? Maybe. But the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and soccer plays in summer, many of its fans are RL fans and the money the Sharks would make with a summer/winter arrangement would be perfect IMHO.

That really leaves Para, Souths - here we go...'anyone but my team', and the Bulldogs. Personally, I think the Eels are needed in Western Sydney and their army of fans/members is pretty big considering how crap they have been since 2009. But as Souths have shown, it's all cyclical and teams go up and down, so if they can win, they may well cement their base too. The Bulldogs tested the waters in Brisbane by moving games. They have done lots of work with memberships there too. Perhaps another softly-softly relocation? So who moves to Brisbane and why? Not suggesting either, or anyone else, but would be interesting arguing. Who knows? Not me. Just like to debate and daydream.

I also think 18 teams is suffice. But 20 is a possibility down the track, especially if we shore up PNG, Fiji, Tonga and Samoa and improve the international side of our game.

In regards to the cocaine, it is interesting both the Suns and the Titans coaches left/were relieved of duty in 2014. It would be interesting to hear what they know, if anything. I don't think the NRL is the only team on the Gold Coast partying.

I agree the game needs to expand, however i do not agree with bringing in another brisbane team (it just creating the same problem sydney base teams have with teams occupying the same area. i would rather focus on actually expanding the game by bringing in another state to the game, png or even another islander team. As for titans i hope the Nrl and fans stand by their team and help them through this situation and get to back focusing on the league (competition)

I agree. It's off topic, but I'll just say this: if rugby league was so crap, so on the nose, so whatever...why are there multiple Brisbane bids, Perth, NZ2, Central Coast, Central Qld and PNG all keen as mustard to get in the comp?

Its starting to trend #iwillneverwalkaway #thrunthru

I know we don't have a huge fan base, but the people in the Legion are loyal fans of not only of the Titans, but of rugby league in general. They are shattered by the recent events. They are a good bunch of people and they would love to hear any support from any rugby league fan no matter what club you barrack. Twitter @TitansLegion

Back
Top Bottom