What Is The Best Bargain You've Ever Gotten?

oh like your idea for this thread mate i got this t chandler 1/1 printing plate exquisite for around 35 bucks off ebay , i think it was one of the best pick up off the year!!

IMAG1116.jpg

Picked up 2 x Blake Griffin RC autos @ $25 a piece and sold them off at $250.

Bought a Derrick Rose SPa RC auto patch for $250 then sold it for $1200 after he did his knee.

Got a 1/10 auto for $1.00, bought a second here for $50.00, I was happy with both prices.

Picked up 2 x Blake Griffin RC autos @ $25 a piece and sold them off at $250.

Bought a Derrick Rose SPa RC auto patch for $250 then sold it for $1200 after he did his knee.

Pretty sure at least one of the Griffins was from me?! At the card show in Camberwell maybe?.....Man, it woulda been half way through the 09/10 season and he was looking like Greg Oden II!!

Pretty sure at least one of the Griffins was from me?! At the card show in Camberwell maybe?.....Man, it woulda been half way through the 09/10 season and he was looking like Greg Oden II!!

I think you could be right!

The card in my avatar for 60+ dlvd. In mid 2011 I believe. So right during the hype even. Most I ever spent for one card haha

Bought both Jeremy Lin contenders autos for $5 an sold them for $450

Why did you have to bring up Jeremy Lin :cry:
I actually sold his Timeless Treasures rc auto /299 for $10 one week before he started to get starter minutes with the Knicks. 3 weeks later it was Linsanity and the same card was selling for $300-400. I was sick to my stomach for the next 2 weeks, especially since i had that Lin in my possession for months, so i actually sold it at worst possible moment!

I guess my best deal wasnt for a card i bought but for one i pulled. Hit a un-numbered Corey Magette redemption auto from 06-07 Sweet Shot with only a few weeks before it would expire, but when redeeming it found out that it wasnt made. So i had to ask for a replacement and said i wanted an Al Jefferson auto (my pc player).
I totally forgot about that whole redemption, so weeks later i got in this strange package and had no clue who it was from. So i opened it up and with the accompanying letter was an 08-09 SPA Al Jefferson letter auto-patch /5!! Best replacement i ever got :kick:

But from a value point of view, best deal i made was probably for my 2008-09 Exquisite Triple Auto-Jsy /3 of K.Love/Jefferson/Brewer (one of Love's best rookie cards). I picked that one up for 125 and got an offer for it last year right around when Kevin Love stuff exploded for $500.
But technically speeking it wasnt the best deal because i ended up keeping it for my pc and decided not to sell. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom