What if...

Real Name
Craig
eBay User
White_Chocolate_55
NBA History was changed... for example, Michael Jordan was injury riddled, and would play as many games as Sam Bowie, and Sam Bowie was injury free??

Would that mean the Knicks of the 90's would have a few rings to show?

What if Larry Bird played for the Lakers and Johnson for the Celtics? I mean they draft picks came down to a toss of a coin back then, would their teams be any different? Would they have the same number of rings?

What if Scottie Pippen was traded for Shawn Kemp back in 1996, would there have been room for both Rodman and Kemp at PF? What would have happened to Longley? Would Kemp own a ring or two, or three?

What if Elton Brand was never traded to the Clippers?

What if the David Robinson had never have fallen to injury in 1997? Would Duncan be a Spur?

What if Frank Johnson was still coaching the Suns, would they have had as much success as they are having now?

And this ones for you Eric, what if the Sonics had

1) Got past the Suns in 1993
2) Got past the Nuggets in 1994

And what if Penny Hardaway was still the same player he was?

1) Bulls would have slayed them 4-1
2) Beaten Houston 4-3 in conf finals with home crt then the knicks 4-2 in finals

3) Got past LA in 95 1st rd, would have also won a title vs Magic

But what if god hadn't played with firecrackers??

What if's mean jack unfortunately...

But Shawn Kemp's gonna get his 2nd chance soon, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a Nets fan is a couple of weeks....

What if James Naismith was never born? we wouldnt be sitting on this thread thinking of stupid hypotheticals!

you'd still have this forum, but probably trading cards of another sport... like splurge ball (futurama)

And you dont have to waste your time on hypertheticals, you could just choose to not reply or read the thread... i was bored so had to think of something.. i was browsing through some 1995 one on one magazines (remember them) and was just looking at some of the power houses of the league, and thought "what if that was all different"

It was just something to talk about, seeing alot of us live in the past, with nique/kemp in our signitures of avatars.. I for one miss/love old school games/players

I was always told if you got nothing nice to say, don't bother...
I think it's much easier not to reply than take the piss..

And Shaq not going to LA is the biggest what if you could probably think of..
poor penny

white_chocolate_55 said:
heres one

what if Yao Ming was actually a dominant center?
And Tracy McGrady didnt have a sore back? pfft :p

Thats 2 actually...

man, the mcgrady/ming bashing never gets old does it? id like to know why you think ming is not dominant.

wow.. you can count..

no spose it doesn't get old... but i was really just seeing if you'd bite..

i do like ming, and have wraps for him, but he's not dominant... gets junk points when they dont really count.. that makes up his 20-10.. in a game they'd win he'd be a 16-8 kind of player.. and you dont see him double/tripple teamed like a dominant center would be.. you dont see him destroying teams with an inside move like a dominant player.. he's not going to turn it on against you and destroy you if you leave him alone..

The big question is....

Will Bogut be better than Yao Ming?? Both Pick 1 in their respective drafts.

I say yes, he's way more aggresive and has excellent footwork.. but only time will tell..

Agree. Yao Ming reminds me of Shaune Bradley who reminds me of George Murassam (spelling?) - Bogut's got game and moves to back it up. Your right only time will tell

CEY said:
Agree. Yao Ming reminds me of Shaune Bradley who reminds me of George Murassam (spelling?) - Bogut's got game and moves to back it up. Your right only time will tell

First i'll reply on this one... Though I'm not really a Yao fan I dont think comparing Yao to Shawn & George is fair....

white_chocolate_55 said:
NBA History was changed... What if the David Robinson had never have fallen to injury in 1997? Would Duncan be a Spur?

This is the one that I think is very hard to imagine and it's very possible to happen because if The Admiral played that season the Spurs would really have no chance of getting Duncan...

reign40 said:
I was always told if you got nothing nice to say, don't bother...
I think it's much easier not to reply than take the piss..

And this is what I do most of the time when reading threads. I just don't bother replying and just have a good laugh. :D

CEY said:

Hey Gheorge was allright there for a while, a MIP and a steady contributor on a much improved bullets team that had webber/howard/cheaney/strickland all playing well... then injury hit him... had a back problem, but for a man his size that was understandable...

but yao/gheorge cant be compared like that, shawn bradley either.. yao is above them, but not anywhere near a dominant center status... he's more in the vlade divac league.. and thats not a bad league to be in...

I love what ifs... I think it is interesting to see what people would think would happen if a situation was different...

What would have happened if Isaiah Rider wasn't an A$$ and could have gotten along with KG and the Twolves didn't have to trade him (that trade didn't invovle draft picks did it? The Wolves would have still been able to draft Allen then on trade him for Marbury?) and assuming all that is right...

what about the lineup of -

C - whoever
PF - KG
SF - Googs
SG - Rider
PG - Marbury

If only they could have all gotten along.... and even been on the same team together... that would have been championship material... BUt that's just my fantasy eh!

C - Stanley Roberts
PF - KG
SF - Googs
SG - Rider
PG - Marbury

I loved Stanley, he was a good center until something happened to him.. I beleive he was kicked out of the league for a bit, came back but wasnt for very long...

And I suppose that also begs the question if Minnesota had managed to win a championship or two - would they have dealt away KG a couple of years ago for some rookie upstart?

Back
Top Bottom