What Annoys U When Trading Cards Online??

Brian Lee

Brian
Real Name
Brian
We all have been trading cards with people online for a while now and I must say sometimes I get really frustrated trying to reach a deal with people who are not really on the same page... here's a couple of things that I find quite ANNOYING:

1) Whenever I list a couple of cards that I am interested in a thread and asked the user if a trade is possible, my reply to that thread often become the last ever reply on that thread. In other words, the thread is abandoned as soon as I reply. This happens a lot when I trade on American sites, it's like they see an Aussie and they all run away!!

2) People don't reply to trades that they are not interested. It is nice to at least say NO so people can just move on to other deals. No point being a snob!!

3) Sometimes you go back and forth with negotiations and thought you worked something out, the guy on the other end just cut all communications. You wondered if they actually cease to exist on Earth but find out (by spying on their profile) that they have been trading with other people. You send a few more PMs, no reply...

4) Some people are really inflexible when it comes to trading... they are so one-tracked mind that they don't even want to trade majorly in their favour. The excuse is that the card they get is not what they collect. A good example, I was interested in a bunch of very low-end parallels from this US trader, offered him autos and GUs in return for the trade. The answer is NO because I dont have anything for his PC!! People need to learn how to trade to maximize the value of their tradebaits. If you have some small cards that you can swap for a big card of a decent star player, you should always do it. 95 out of 100 times you will end up getting something better with the big card.

5) People who don't ship to Australia.

So what annoys U when trading cards online?? please share.

I have to say the same as you with people just not replying to a message.
Its just common courtesy to even say no im not interested.

I agree with all points raised, I always try to reply to PM's even if it is a no not interested reply, nothing worst then waiting, wondering etc.

While we are on a rant, my Rant is peoples wantlists, nothing worst than seeing someones wantlist for a set, player whatever, "like chasing Murad cards" thats it, so you pm them and ask what they want, get a reply all needed base, inserts, silks etc, so you do a list of what you have and send it to them, NOW THIS IS THE BIT THAT SH*TS ME. you get a reply I only need these 2-3 cards, HELL OF A LOT EASIER IF PEOPLE PUT A LIST OF NUMBERS, INSERTS they need, I have wasted up to an hour or more listing cards for people only to be told 1-5 cards needed, there are people here who know what I am talking about because I have PM'ED THEM AND TOLD THEM and REFUSE TO DEAL WITH THEM NOW.
Rob

People who complain about people making "What annoys you about trading cards online" threads on the card forums. :p

There is no one with the cards I collect to trade with. I end up just usually giving cards away that I don't sell.

People thatr make repititive wantlists and people that have wantlist for certain cards, you PM them and they deny for no apparent reason.

People who list a card for sale, and say "make me an offer". If you intend on selling something, stick a value on it yourself.

People who say their cards are MINT.

People who say something is very hard to get because they havent seen that same base card before.

People who put more value on GU cards that are a different colour (don't mistake me for a Patch, I'm talking base GUs).

:lol:...my own joke trumped!

Must admit, it was pretty good!

Without a doubt, the "I have US$200 in Paypal - post the best card or combination of cards you will offer. I only want Michael Jordan autographs or patches and Wilt Chamberlain autographs. I do not have time to go through buckets."

I have yet to see anyone buy something with one of those threads.

Most hated thing - "Make an offer" Then when you make an offer you get "No way man, its worth more than that, whats the most youd pay??" Well If you know its worth more than that PUT A PRICE ON IT!!!

A funny one which Ive seen a fair bit on overseas sites. The phrase "I will only trade in my favour" Makes me laugh!!!:p:lol:

People who say "I would like the Amare silk you have just pulled, let me know what you need for it" Then you reply threee or four times and never hear from them again.

New one Im getting on some overseas sites, People who try and trade for EXACT BV down to the last dollar. Just had some one try to make me add in a few base cards worth $0.50 each so it was an equal "fair" trade. You got a card I want, I got a card you want, lets trade dammit!!!

Other than that, there is no greater thrill than having some mail waiting at home for you, what will I get TODAY!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: (FYI I got a Brandon ROy Exquisite patch numbered to /5 today, WHOO HOO!!!!)

When you pull a Ryan Anderson and the one Anderson collector in the world thinks you should trade it to them at about 5% of its real value.

Oh, how some of you guys would have loved the Heated Discussions forum when it existed :)

ps I agree re the Ryan Anderson collectors - they are all tight asses! Every single one of him. ;)

Oh, how some of you guys would have loved the Heated Discussions forum when it existed :)

ps I agree re the Ryan Anderson collectors - they are all tight asses! Every single one of him. ;)

AHH YES...the good old days..ozcards...formally known as dummy spit central:lol:

And im another 1 that hates for sale threads without a price !!!
You already know what you want for the card so why not say so...
If your after a fair and reasonable price then your not only going to increase your chances of selling but your also not going to waste other peoples time...

I hate it when u set up a for sale thread saying 'make me an offer' and every pr$%^ asks for a your price!!!...

FFS!!! If I was gonna put a price on it I woulda!!! :mad::mad::mad::lol:

I also miss Jordan23 and yzemagic - the guy who bummed the Jazz......

Like many others, I don't like it when sellers ask you to make an offer, you do so, and then they reply telling you that you're dreaming and to piss off.

Another thing is when I ask a seller some questions about the card/s their selling, and only to get a reply telling me to rudely stop wasting their time and to go get a life. Like..... what the hell???!!??? All I wanted to do was ask some questions regarding the card, my god, bite me :lol:. I didn't know that the only time you're allowed to ask about a card is ONLY if at the end of your sentence you write, "and by the way I am buying this card". :cool:

didn't you have this same ***** session at the card show with me? :p

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

lol i'm guilty of it too. maybe people should bite the bullet and just give them an offer no matter how big or small it appears.
I hate it when u set up a for sale thread saying 'make me an offer' and every pr$%^ asks for a your price!!!...

FFS!!! If I was gonna put a price on it I woulda!!! :mad::mad::mad::lol:

I also miss Jordan23 and yzemagic - the guy who bummed the Jazz......

Back
Top Bottom