What Annoys U When Trading Cards Online??

1. People who are hard to trade with!! (This happens a lot with people who have a lot of high end cards, as they are not interested in trading for smaller stuff)

2. People who won't trade autos/GU for inserts (It's their call, but they treat them like their something special or something) .. check out ebay, they can be had for a couple bucks or even $0.99 :lol:

3. People who overcharge for their cards but then expect to pay oh-so-little when they buy

4. People who have buckets with photos/scans of more than 1 card (especially people who do it with 9 :mad:)..... good portion of the time I just don't bother looking at their buckets

5. People who don't trade outside the US (or any specific country for that matter)

New one Im getting on some overseas sites, People who try and trade for EXACT BV down to the last dollar. Just had some one try to make me add in a few base cards worth $0.50 each so it was an equal "fair" trade. You got a card I want, I got a card you want, lets trade dammit!!!

I can do you one better.... :lol:

Recently I was "trying" to do a trade with a guy on a US forum & he told me he preferred to trade cards with equal value.. like a $10 for a $10, a $20 for a $20.... I thought fair enough I can understand that..... but what I didn't know was he meant what he said to the exact letter!

He had some cards I wanted, I had some he wanted.... he gave me a list of cards he wanted & I gave him a list of cards I wanted.. we had agreed on a trade for a $30 for $30 card.... then I think he had another $30 card I wanted.... I initially offered him two $15 cards for it..... then he told me what I said above.. so I thought fine... I then offered him a $20 & a $10 for it.... he said, no, I ONLY want to do EXACT trades for each other.

Yeah, good luck with that buddy! :thumbsup:

1. People that grossly overcharge for shipping

2. People that have a card for sale/trade, you ask them what they want for it, and no reply is given.

3. People that send damaged cards, or you ask them the condition, they reply "NRMT-MINT and you receive it and it's f*#!ed

When you pull a Ryan Anderson and the one Anderson collector in the world thinks you should trade it to them at about 5% of its real value.

Yeh i think this is a funny one. Everyone has their own idea on what cards are worth i spose.

There are two B Roy cards I have been watching on ebay, one for four months and one for six months and the guy keeps re-listing them at a buy it now price. Thats four and six 30 day listings respectively and no one has bought it. I have sent offers on both the cards and both have come back with the same answer

"Nah mate, its worth more than that, Im not going below the buy it now price"

My response is, if indeed it WAS worth the buy it now price you have listed (which in both cases in higher than BV), wouldnt it have sold by now??:blink::rolleyes:

Yeh i think this is a funny one. Everyone has their own idea on what cards are worth i spose.

There are two B Roy cards I have been watching on ebay, one for four months and one for six months and the guy keeps re-listing them at a buy it now price. Thats four and six 30 day listings respectively and no one has bought it. I have sent offers on both the cards and both have come back with the same answer

"Nah mate, its worth more than that, Im not going below the buy it now price"

My response is, if indeed it WAS worth the buy it now price you have listed (which in both cases in higher than BV), wouldnt it have sold by now??:blink::rolleyes:

Keep at it..... There was a KG auto with a BIN of $90 up for nearly a year. I offered $60 and he sold but it took ages!

some good points in there, for sure. I think one of the worst ones out there is the guy who flips between BV/SV......to suit them selves. I've never been a fan of trading by BV......but have plenty of times. But the people who trade by SV......then find out the card they had has dropped in price.......now they wanna go off BV. Or they have a high BV card that sells for 5 - 10 % of book.

im must be one of the hated lol.

Im not a big fan of trading down. I will do it when i really want something, but i hate when people come at you with 10 cards that would sell combined for $30 for your card your asking $30 for.

im must be one of the hated lol.

Im not a big fan of trading down. I will do it when i really want something, but i hate when people come at you with 10 cards that would sell combined for $30 for your card your asking $30 for.

I am hearing you there :lol:

I think the one thing that annoys me more than anything is pushy people who fill up your inbox asking the same question over and over again even after they have been given an answer....

I can understand that we all have our own agendas but its not hard to listen/read what people actually reply....

As for not replying to PM's, I think once you have told someone your answer then there is no need to reply over and over... its like dealing with my kids, they like to ask over and over again..... its very childish :lol:

If someone offers me $10 dollars for a card that i am expecting to get $30+ for ! why would i bother wasting my time replying to that !? I just direct them to ebay and wish them luck.

Its always funny to read everyone's complaints :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Flipping from SV to BV is just rude IMO too !!!

Wanting their cake and eating it too....

As for people wanting to buy for SFA and resell for as much as they can get ..... its pretty much a part of the hobby !

If you make a good decision when buying something and you can make some money out of it ! GOOD ON YOU :D

I very rarely post in threads like this, but everyone is different and there are all sorts of people you got to deal with in the hobby. Ideally, we would all like to be on the same page and sadly, it's never the case. Which is why, I tend to stick with buying more, but when I do sell/trade (only on boards) make it as clear as I can on certain things that people have mentioned above.

If people are not able to read and understand, thats there issue. But find I rarely, if ever, have an issue with any traders.
The only peeve I do have, are sellers who put they sell to international people on their auctions, and when you ask how much it is to send, they say "I do not ship international, I only put the auction that way to get more views". I mean, seriously :D Ha ha ha

When you pull a Ryan Anderson and the one Anderson collector in the world thinks you should trade it to them at about 5% of its real value.

And that's probably still double what its worth....your just still annoyed that Anderson destroyed the Celtics in their last game*

* Yes I know it was only the summer league!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Oh, how some of you guys would have loved the Heated Discussions forum when it existed :)

ps I agree re the Ryan Anderson collectors - they are all tight asses! Every single one of him. ;)

Ill give you 1/10th of a cent for all your Andersons!! Deal???

PM SENT!

Gary, where's that complaint you have that we discussed at the card show?? bring it out, let people know...

didn't you have this same ***** session at the card show with me? :p

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

lol i'm guilty of it too. maybe people should bite the bullet and just give them an offer no matter how big or small it appears.

1. Make me an offer - You know what it's worth, stop fishing for the highest bidder, go to ebay!

2. High shipping prices

3. Cards not sent in the correct packaging

Back
Top Bottom