were will kobe end up on the all time total points leaders board?

were will kobe end up on the all time total points leaders board?

• 1st

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 3rd

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • 4th

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 5th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its just sad that we will have to endure the "Kobe is better than Jordan" rubbish when he overtakes Jordan. Kobe is an all time great, why cant his lackey's just leave it at that !

Kobe has to pass jordan first....he has got to remain injury free and keep at his scoring, not to mention youngest to score 30,000 but not the fastest.. he definitely has a place in the history books as one of the all time greatest scorers, his highlight films are endless, but still there are others will more rounded stats too!

i dont like him, but i dont hate him... in between if someone asks me do i like kobe...i say he is Over rated..., he is one of those people i dont care for he is a fame whore!

dont think he is over rated, but who else has delivered like him in the last decades???

Being on the older side of the ledger (only just) I think that I am in position to weigh in on this one. I watched pretty much all of Jordan's career, and have seen Kobe's career (thus far) in its entirety.

At this point, in my opinion, it is still not close. MJ is still a few streets ahead of Kobe, both in terms of scoring (both total and average), defensive stats and what he has done for the NBA. I am not a Jordan lover (in fact I always thought he was a bit of a d*@khead), pretty much the same way I feel about Kobe and Lebron, but this is a similarity that they have with nearly all top sportsman, who are soooo focused on winning that everything else does not count for much, so most of these guys come across as full on w@#kers, but they all deserve our respect as basketball players.

I am hoping that Kobe does not reach Jordan and ends up finishing 4th, as the argument for Kobe at that stage gains a whole lot more momentum, even though he had a 3 year head start on MJ, also not allowing for the near full season Jordan lost to injury, and also not including MJ's 2 year hiatus from b'ball when he left (and returned) as NBA's scoring leader.

Kobe has now rocketed to no 1 on the all time arrogant terd bag list!!!! For once in his life he could actually respect someone and pay your respects to the big fella!!

Kobe has now rocketed to no 1 on the all time arrogant terd bag list!!!! For once in his life he could actually respect someone and pay your respects to the big fella!!

In my best Pauline Hansen Voice "Please Explain?"

He pre recorded a message for Shaq to show @ halftime if that is what your referring too...

another non kobe fan over here... over the years though his play has earned my respect - has added a multitude of weapons as the years have gone on and knowing what i do about kobe he has the type of mindset that wants to stick it up everybody and prove the haters/doubters wrong, similar to how jordan was... playing at a high level still and is tough playing with lots of injuries fairly regularly

no matter what he does though the simple reality is this, lebron is nipping at his heels for all of the scoring records (assuming good health of course)... for example:
- kobe after 10 nba seasons = 16,866 pts @ 23.8ppg
- lebron after 10 nba seasons = 21,000 pts roughly (this season has approx 10 games to go as well) @ 27.6ppg
- kobe youngest to score 20,000... then lebron soon after becomes youngest to score 20,000 etc etc
* it must be acknowledged that bron he has been THE MAN from day dot where kobe hasnt... he has slowly worked his way into it and then also had shaq as running mate before he ran him out of town

further to someone elses point about bron having bosh and wade there, keep in mind this guy is STILL performing at a level stats wise same if not better in many categories, so dont worry he will continue to get his points, they all make each other better... he is this yr shooting the 3 ball at 40% making him even more dangerous and even more impressively he is play maker/point guard for that team - imagine he was just a pure scorer and nothing else!... even more mind boggling with how good the guy is, he might has a fair chance to crack 30,000 pts 10,000 reb 10,000 ast the way he is going which is quite extraordinary in itself... not even the great oscar robertson was able to achieve that - the walking triple double himself... he AVERAGED a triple double in 1961/62 and nearly did it again 2 yrs later!

the other factor is durant, similar to bron he has been THE MAN from the beginning... the thing that is extraordinary about kareems record is the longevity associated with it - that will be brons and durants greatest challenge - for all we know they both may do a jordan at some stage and retire prematurely for reasons we will never understand

if i am a betting man, my money is on lebron

the fun part will watching it all unfold over the next 10-15 yrs... WOOT!

another non kobe fan over here... over the years though his play has earned my respect - has added a multitude of weapons as the years have gone on and knowing what i do about kobe he has the type of mindset that wants to stick it up everybody and prove the haters/doubters wrong, similar to how jordan was... playing at a high level still and is tough playing with lots of injuries fairly regularly

no matter what he does though the simple reality is this, lebron is nipping at his heels for all of the scoring records (assuming good health of course)... for example:
- kobe after 10 nba seasons = 16,866 pts @ 23.8ppg
- lebron after 10 nba seasons = 21,000 pts roughly (this season has approx 10 games to go as well) @ 27.6ppg
- kobe youngest to score 20,000... then lebron soon after becomes youngest to score 20,000 etc etc
* it must be acknowledged that bron he has been THE MAN from day dot where kobe hasnt... he has slowly worked his way into it and then also had shaq as running mate before he ran him out of town

further to someone elses point about bron having bosh and wade there, keep in mind this guy is STILL performing at a level stats wise same if not better in many categories, so dont worry he will continue to get his points, they all make each other better... he is this yr shooting the 3 ball at 40% making him even more dangerous and even more impressively he is play maker/point guard for that team - imagine he was just a pure scorer and nothing else!... even more mind boggling with how good the guy is, he might has a fair chance to crack 30,000 pts 10,000 reb 10,000 ast the way he is going which is quite extraordinary in itself... not even the great oscar robertson was able to achieve that - the walking triple double himself... he AVERAGED a triple double in 1961/62 and nearly did it again 2 yrs later!

the other factor is durant, similar to bron he has been THE MAN from the beginning... the thing that is extraordinary about kareems record is the longevity associated with it - that will be brons and durants greatest challenge - for all we know they both may do a jordan at some stage and retire prematurely for reasons we will never understand

if i am a betting man, my money is on lebron

the fun part will watching it all unfold over the next 10-15 yrs... WOOT!

You're right about how I doubted earlier in the season that Lebrons' points ave will go down with Wade and Bosh next to him. But I can see now that he can continue to average 27/game. So longevity is the real factor here for Lebron not to get there in the top 3.

Back
Top Bottom