were will kobe end up on the all time total points leaders board?

were will kobe end up on the all time total points leaders board?

• 1st

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • 3rd

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • 4th

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • 5th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's on pace to finish with 31,500 this season...

If he plays for 4 more season after this one, here's how I see it:
2013-14 = 2,000
2014-15 = 1,900
2015-16 = 1,800
2016-17 = 1,700

Thats another 7,400 + 31,500 = 38,900...

I really believe that this is on his mind for a long time now...
I think 1700 is a stretch in 4 years time. He'd still need to be averaging bout 22ppg if he played say 74 games.

I think 1700 is a stretch in 4 years time. He'd still need to be averaging bout 22ppg if he played say 74 games.
He'll be 38 in 4 years time and who knows, he might play for another season just to get that record.

That is probably what many people would consider that will make Kobe in the same greatness as Jordan.

I think we should keep bumping this thread everytime he gets another 1000... :thumbsup:

I have a feeling LBJ will try and beat that, he's all about being the greatest and taking records with him... *end of rant*

See how Lebron goes once he gets into his 30"s first. mj, kobe and most greats evolve their game once they lose the athleticism. If anyone from the modern area would over take Kareem it would be Durant. It's a huge ask, 20 years of nearly 2000pts a year!!

See how Lebron goes once he gets into his 30"s first. mj, kobe and most greats evolve their game once they lose the athleticism. If anyone from the modern area would over take Kareem it would be Durant. It's a huge ask, 20 years of nearly 2000pts a year!!
Yeah, Durant is another one who has a good chance at the record... All these 3 players absolutely has a chance of breaking it: Kobe, Lebron, Durant... They all started in the NBA at a very young age...

But the way I see it, Lebron won't get it due to the fact that he will be playing alongside Wade and Bosh for a while.

Not so sure about that one, the older wade is getting the more injurys he is getting. I think he has lost half a step. Was Durant 1 year out of college or did he do the 4 years or what ever they do?

Bryant isn't even top 10 for points per game, for career for all players, so to catch Kareem's total points he would have to play as many games as Lew Alcindor did.

It is certainly hard to find him on the assists lists. For assists per game he is well under Jordan, Pippen and Rick Barry. He is 0.23 assists per game ahead of Wilt. He is top 10 all-time for total turnovers, and the players ahead of him are either point guards who passed a lot or big-men who were double and triple-teamed in the paint a lot.

Interesting numbers, but he really should have passed to Shaq a lot more, and Krystkowiak too, and passed less to Jon Barry as he was terrible as a Laker.

kobes one of those players i see threads about and i go *sigh*

i think he hasnt got many season left in him, i hope he stays under jordan....im not a kobe,jordan or lebron fan so personally i dont care :)....even if he passes jordan, he cant be classed as "better" then him, just because a player can beat a legend in total points doesnt mean Squat!, what about other stats ?

When i think of legends with records i think of those who actually have made there mark overall over the "career stats", hell Wilt Chamberlain for an example holds 71 nba records and 62 of them by himself.

Looking at the propper records and seeing names like chamberlain,jordan,kareem,malone, as an "overall" career im my opinion i think these players have and will still be better then kobe, i think personally lebron is making his mark more overall then kobe...just my opinion..

and jus to throw it off target for those talking whose better then who :p
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...10-nba-records-most-likely-to-never-be-broken

Bryant isn't even top 10 for points per game, for career for all players, so to catch Kareem's total points he would have to play as many games as Lew Alcindor did.
???

When i think of legends with records i think of those who actually have made there mark overall over the "career stats", hell Wilt Chamberlain for an example holds 71 nba records and 62 of them by himself.

Looking at the propper records and seeing names like chamberlain,jordan,kareem,malone, as an "overall" career im my opinion i think these players have and will still be better then kobe, i think personally lebron is making his mark more overall then kobe...just my opinion..
???

All I can see here is that you both don't like Kobe...

Its just sad that we will have to endure the "Kobe is better than Jordan" rubbish when he overtakes Jordan. Kobe is an all time great, why cant his lackey's just leave it at that !
Perfectly said!!Its the fanboys that will argue it!!!And im a Kobe Fan...no denying it, so much hate for him!!everyone needs to go to the official OZCT hug thread...
I think he will probably end up 3rd alltime, KAJ's record wont be matched or passed

Durant will give it a big shake, 10000 points by age 24. Heck Duncan might play for another 18 seasons and go close..... Seriously thought kd is the only one who could go close, you really need to come straight out of high school or first year out of college.

Perfectly said!!Its the fanboys that will argue it!!!And im a Kobe Fan...no denying it, so much hate for him!!everyone needs to go to the official OZCT hug thread...
I think he will probably end up 3rd alltime, KAJ's record wont be matched or passed

Its a big if, but if he stays healthy then he could do it - not impossible by his standards. Whatever happens its been an amazing career for black mamba, started out as a "take it to the hole" player but he evolved every facet of his game to become well rounded.

???

???

All I can see here is that you both don't like Kobe...
..:mad: .no were in that post did i say "i didn't like kobe"...

i *sighed*:cool: meaning it isnt going to matter if i praise him or trash talk him someone isnt going to like what i say, and even if i did say if i didnt like him would it matter?..im not the only person who has said they dont care.....

:confused: Care factor if someone thinks i hate kobe 0%. :thumbsup:

because i wouldnt be the first person on this thread to hate him....:D

I'm an MJ fan, no doubt about it. But you have all missed what i think is an important point....the competition. It's easy to score points when no one plays defense. From what i've seen i seriously doubt kobe or lebron would have a snowballs chance in hell of scoring 40 points against a team that has a defense as strong as the late 80's pistons with rodman, thomas, dumars and laimbeer...or the early 90's knicks defense with ewing, mcdaniel, oakley and starks. If you ever get the chance to watch games from this era i suggest you do. It's a lesson in how to play ball.

Back
Top Bottom