WC Rd of 16 - Australia Vs USA

I see where you two are coming from.... but Aus just didnt make a game of it... 1st was great 2nd was a joke... there for a "huge lead" took place and the Team USA won by a few points.... Is that better?

white_chocolate_55 said:
;) i got your back.. cmon if anyone expected to lose by ~10 is dreaming or smoking some very very good stuff..

did you guys see the roster they had? d.howard/hinrich/wade/james/anthony/bosh/paul/miller/battier

they can all shoot/crash the boards/run the floor..

and the aussies have who? andre bogut..

Exactly....not to mention the fact that we had recently lost to NEW ZEALAND !

new zealand.. don't even go there.. they're worse than we are, so that gives you an indication of where we're at..

we have no real ball handlers, we're way too small, and our big man tries to run the show, and shoot 3 pointers.. he is not brad miller.. he took 3 3's in 1.5 qtrs..

I was really enjoying CJ in the tourny but tonight he just wasnt there....! US are just so strong...

I watched the late night replay last night. gotta admit it was the only game I saw of Aussie the entire tournie. I liked what CJ brought to the team as our guards definitely ran, cut and rotated better than in the NZ series. BUT what i hated was how when put under pressure, our decision making was too rushed and we always seemed to make the "auto choice" where we did the first thing that came to mind under pressure instead of thinking first before action. Whether it was because of USA's defence or our inexperience.. I dunno. Also our weak side defence stank! USA was awesome to watch! They were beasts bullying us around! I enjoyed the game despite the embarrassment!

i watched the post game interview...god i hate listening to Shane Battie......i mean get someone else to do the post game thoughts....i cant stand the way he talks...he rubs me up the wrong way "pretty boy"...or "i THINK im the next grant hill cause im from duke just like grant...i love you grant mwah mwah mwah"...your dreammming mate...your not even an all-star...(sorry i had to get that off my chest)

as for the game......we suck

Just wathed the game and we really missed Nielson, Anstey and Saville. They might have put a little bit more of a dent in the margin.

Anyone see Newley get double blocked by Howard? He looked like he was going to cry, then you can hear Goorjian in the background yelling at him, "C'mon Newley keep playing"! Funny shit! :D

a few things that really grinded my gears...

whoever the spastic in the crowd who was using a air horn whenever our guys shot a FT...like cmon! Who air horns a team thats going to get smashed...****en wankers...

the refs missed some travels etc done by the US...in the olympics, they really got hurt in that department....

we missed shane heal

Jason Smith bitched it up all tournament. Hinders garbage. Newley's got a LOOOOOOONG way to go. Kendall has never seen a shot he doesnt like, and he's a lazy gambling defender.

Nielson, Anstey would of made it a better game thats for sure...we really have to start thinking serious about Australian basketball for once.....like i said they need Andrew Gaze as part of the coaching staff to help this young team....it feels like we lost this game cause some of the younger guys looked a bit nervous and were just playing to look good against NBA players rather than actually try and win the game....we have to show more heart than that..and even though we came 9th in the last olympics, we went into the USA game BELEIVING we could win....and we almost did that day...this is by far the most embarrassing loss....(i mean the 40 point part)

you said it trey...they missed shane heal by far....they need a guy like that who isnt nervous and can kick anyones arse....he doesnt care if your Barkley or Vince Carter...who can take on anyone

Back
Top Bottom