WC Rd of 16 - Australia Vs USA

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
What time is it, game time ooh!
Im so pumped for this game watched every aussie game so far and i didnt think we could make it after being belted my Lithuania but ironicly they got us threw by beating Brazil. I know we are going to get pumped but its just going to be great seeing CJ, Sammy, Boges go up against LeBron, Wade, Melo, Howard, Bosh, Brand and on and on lol :rolleyes:
Who would of thought we would be vsing USA first up in the 2nd, gunna be a fun game to watch. CJ and Newley had chances of making it so they will be fired up and than Bogut who was a rock tonight and Sam Mack. We sadly dont have the depth to come close but you never know lol it could just be the biggest upset in sport history :)
the game is on Fox 2
This Sunday, the 27th of August at 7 pm

good work on the Kiwis getting through to the final 16

GO AUSSIES :D

Worthington was great tonight with 17 off the bench and Mackinnon and Bogut were solid aswell. Newley was good in patches and swated the crap out of some poor fella. :eek:
has anyone been taping all the games i might want to get em all on DVD.
We brought a young side and still have been able to match it so far with just about everyone, i thought that game against Greece was the standout, it was such a great game of team basketball with heaps of lead changes with a exciting but also dissapointing finish.
congrats to the boomers on making the final 16 with a young and small side. Our defensive has been bloody solid considering we really only have one big!

Ill be putting US vs AUS straight to the DVD rec HDD... so let me know!

Is it going to be live? I saw some 5am game whats with that????

no offense.. australia will get creamed.. i'm predicting at least 20-30 point blowout. Australia got no stop for Wade or Lebron or Melo and they will have nothing inside.

cp3 said:
Ill be putting US vs AUS straight to the DVD rec HDD... so let me know!

Is it going to be live? I saw some 5am game whats with that????

hey johnno , hook a brother up. i would love that dvd too:)

nothing to be ashamed about losing to the US by 20-30. Even in our glory days we never got very close to a "dream team" in the exhibition match where Heal went CRAZY, we still lost by 44 or some massive margin!

on Foxtel, FOX 2 geelong fan.

LeBron seems to rate us:

But James, one of the new generation of ridiculously gifted Americans, who plies his trade with Cleveland, said the US would examine Australia's efforts in the tournament and prepare for a tough tussle.

"I think it is going to be a very competitive game," he said.

"The Australians have a pretty good team.

"I haven't seen them play but we will be watching video.

"We did play against them in 2004 (at the Olympic Games in Athens) and they play hard.

"It will be good for us. A good test."

even if we get smashed it would be a good game to watch seeing our aussie boys aswell as wade/lebron/melo or in the same team.

nah he is probably being politically correct and saying all the right things :) If it was Sir Charles saying those stuff then I would belive him :) I think this world champs is a good platform for our next generation of oz teams! Bring on Beijing 2008

MetallicA' said:
Worthington was great tonight with 17 off the bench and Mackinnon and Bogut were solid aswell. Newley was good in patches and swated the crap out of some poor fella. :eek:
has anyone been taping all the games i might want to get em all on DVD.
We brought a young side and still have been able to match it so far with just about everyone, i thought that game against Greece was the standout, it was such a great game of team basketball with heaps of lead changes with a exciting but also dissapointing finish.
congrats to the boomers on making the final 16 with a young and small side. Our defensive has been bloody solid considering we really only have one big!

i've got all the Aust and US games so far from a couple of sources, also got the Aust vs china warm up game

LOL he would have said the same thing about anyone, he probably never even heard OF australia :p

I hope we beat them, we havent been playing too badly, with a bit of luck we could have been 4-1 and not 2-3 (should have beaten Turkey and Greece)

Yahoo quoted D-Wade as saying about the Boomers:
"The only thing I know about them is they got Andre Bogut," U.S. star Dwyane Wade said. "I mean Andrew Bogut."

Wade had simply misspoken, not been misinformed. He quickly showed that he knew who he was talking about by pointing out that Bogut was the No. 1 pick in the 2005 NBA draft.

I really don't rate us but I hope S-Mac dunks on Battier.

yeah come on Boomers kill battier on account of everybody here who has pulled his cards :) Dunk, Dunk on him and swat his sorry ass!

update: we're trailing 88-49 in the 3rd quarter, 39 points!!

fact: in this world championships tournament so far, team USA has beaten every team by a margin of 23.0 points, largest win of 45 points against Senegal and only narrowly beating Italy by 9 points. Wasn't the Original Dream Team in '92 beating every team in the Olympics by something like 48 points? 23 isn't too bad.

the team i'm going for, Spain has beaten every team by a margin of 20.2 points per game.

Back
Top Bottom