WC Rd of 16 - Australia Vs USA

from nba.com

AITAMA, Japan, Aug. 27 -- One victory down, three to go.

Team USA moved one step closer in its pursuit of the gold medal at the 2006 FIBA World Championship, crushing Australia 113-73 in an elimination-round matchup Sunday.

USA played its best quarter of the tournament, outscoring Australia 32-6 in the second period to turn a four-point lead into a 30-point rout at halftime.

Up next for the USA is Dirk Nowitzki and Germany in the quarterfinals on Wednesday (ESPN2, 6:30 a.m. ET). USA Basketball is three victories away from accomplishing its goal of winning the tournament.

After a solid first quarter, Team USA clamped down defensively in the second. Although the USA increased its defensive pressure, its offense didn't suffer as it took a 59-29 lead into intermission.

Team USA went 14-for-27 from 3-point range, and forced 24 Australia turnovers.

Carmelo Anthony continued his outstanding play, finishing with 20 points. Joe Johnson added 18 and Dwyane Wade chipped in 15.

Anthony Bogut played well for Australia, scoring 20 points in defeat.

Team USA is now 6-0 at the World Championship

How smart are seppos? the number 1 draft pick on the leagues offical site and they don't even know who he is. morons

maybe they got confused with Carmelo Anthony?

what a disappointing loss though.. I wanted to see it within 10-20 pts at least, not 40..
we got pwnd #-o

why didn't they just do that for the whole game and then it would be a respectable 10pt loss..
40pts is wack!

ouch! that is a spanking! Damn it! Some of those yanks definitely have their heads up a place where the sun doesn't shine! ;)

not a surprise to see a result like that, we just dont have the troops...

well Im not disapointed with losing to the usa by so much, Im p.o'd about losing to the likes of turkey and only scoring 57 vs the lithuanians

cmon.. the yanks have kirk... oh yeah and wade/lebron/anthony/bosh/brand/paul ...... etc etc.. what do you expect.. what do we have? Bogut LOL... what a spud.. I hate watching that guy.. trying to run the show.. why didnt he play pg.. prob woulda been more affective

poor poor Bruton. He was a joke in that game.

Bogut, Newley and Sammy were the only players playing and maybe Bruce off the bench. No depth what so ever that Russell Hinder is a BIG JOKE!!!

dissapointing result.

white_chocolate_55 said:
well i mentioned a 30 point loss would be a good result.. this is the next step up from that.. so it wasnt really a blowout considering..

It was a blowout.... It was a shame too the 1st showed promise...!

a blowout woulda been the americans setting up a full court press, playing to their highest level, and blowing us out by 80 points.. but as if they'd do that..

the first did show promise, i was quite thrilled they where so competetive.. until the yanks outscored the aussies 32 - 6 in the 2nd qtr..

how was this not a blow out???

if u expected to lose by that much then u were expecting a blow out

;) i got your back.. cmon if anyone expected to lose by ~10 is dreaming or smoking some very very good stuff..

did you guys see the roster they had? d.howard/hinrich/wade/james/anthony/bosh/paul/miller/battier

they can all shoot/crash the boards/run the floor..

and the aussies have who? andre bogut..

Back
Top Bottom