Ultra Pro Card Sleeves / Penny Sleeves

The Mad Hatter

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Chris
I've seen a few different posts here and elsewhere about the change in size of Ultra Pro penny sleeves (and the new ones not fitting 9 pocket pages).

It's affecting collectors and retailers alike.

I've sent a message to Ultra Pro for clarification. Once I've confirmed if there has been a change, or if there are two products at market, I'll post it up here. I don't want to speculate either as to what the reason for the change might be, so once UP have clarified, again, I'll update this thread.

In the interim, this might help.

STANDARD size --- USA FLAG packet STOCK #81385 ....401013 ( above the bar code top right side )

LARGER SIZE --- NO FLAG STOCK # 81385 .....401034 ( above the bar code top right side)

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 7.11.50 am.png

Attachments

• Penny Sleeves.pdf
    453.9 KB · Views: 165
I think there's actually three sizes - classic, standard and larger. I presume the larger ones are for thicker stock cards and memorabilia cards.

There are 3 sizes
standard or regular penny sleeves
Premium penny sleeves &
Thick card penny sleeves.

If you are using sleeves on cards going into
9 pocket pages, I sugest using the Premium sleeves. They fit the best I my opinion.

The Premium Card Sleeves (now - non US flag) are wider than an UP pocket page.

The Premium Card Sleeve (before - US flag) were perfect fit.

Same name of product. Different stock number. Different sizes.

It's very annoying.

This is part of Ultra Pro's response:

The reason we do not send out a statement regarding the size change is due the fact they are not meant to be used with 9 pocket pages. Not all of our customers use them with our pages.

I suggest UP has made a boo-boo, judging from this reply :

The new sleeves are made in the USA. The first batch that was made in house was the one with the wider sleeves. Once we realized the sleeves were wider we changed it back to the previous size. There are sleeves with the wider size still on the market since they have to flush out. In the case that a customer is not satisfied we are more than welcome to provide the correct replacements. We will be more than happy to send you the correct sized packages.

Back
Top Bottom