True 1/1

onvison

OJ Mayo Collector
Real Name
John
Begin rant...

I think eBay should come out with a, hashtag like, sorting system.
You run a search for a 1/1 and you have more non-1/1 that you have 1/1.
I'm so sick of eBay 1/1 it's not even funny!
It's gotten so bad that a lot of them are just comical.
Everyone knows it's just for the seller to add perceived value to the card.
I just want to search for true 1/1s.
250/250 is not a 1/1!
#true1/1 #ebay1/1 #jerseynumbered

End rant....

Yeah have noticed everyone saying 1/1, even when the card is numbered out of 100, they call any significant number 1/1 dumb assess...

If you include "-ebay" in your search, at least it will get rid of the ones that use the term 'ebay 1/1' in the title!

Otherwise, I am with you!

Hahaha I was just having a blow up about this yesterday. Searched "Gary Payton 1/1" and got around 40 hits with 2 being actual 1/1's.
"Gary Payton Flawless Gold 10/10 1/1???" NO!

Begin rant...

I think eBay should come out with a, hashtag like, sorting system.
You run a search for a 1/1 and you have more non-1/1 that you have 1/1.
I'm so sick of eBay 1/1 it's not even funny!
It's gotten so bad that a lot of them are just comical.
Everyone knows it's just for the seller to add perceived value to the card.
I just want to search for true 1/1s.
250/250 is not a 1/1!
#true1/1 #ebay1/1 #jerseynumbered

End rant....
Ha their is a Rodman by the letter on ebay at the moment was at over $250 they are numbered to 3 the seller wrote 1/1 as it is the only one on eBay it was 2/3 but i found on ebay the 3/3 and paid $40 for it, whilst it was on auction i wanted to inform the seller the other one was on ebay but i decided not to incase it was bidded on and blew my cheap find

This is so frustrating to me too!

Especially since panini started releasing the printing plates.

As a kobe collector, it seems he has 100x more printing plates out there because he is panini's love child having more cards than anyone else, especially given his anthology 200 card set.

I have a saved search in my ebay for "Kobe 1/1" which every day I was getting like 40+ new listings, all of which were printing plates or non-true 1/1's.

I tried to quell that by changing the search to "Kobe Black 1/1" knowingly most of the panini 1/1's are black....

But I still get at least 10 a day, because each card has a cyan, magenta, yellow and BLACK plate out there.

I feel your pain, and want some sort of sorting that will filter out all the duds.

This is so frustrating to me too!

Especially since panini started releasing the printing plates.

As a kobe collector, it seems he has 100x more printing plates out there because he is panini's love child having more cards than anyone else, especially given his anthology 200 card set.

I have a saved search in my ebay for "Kobe 1/1" which every day I was getting like 40+ new listings, all of which were printing plates or non-true 1/1's.

I tried to quell that by changing the search to "Kobe Black 1/1" knowingly most of the panini 1/1's are black....

But I still get at least 10 a day, because each card has a cyan, magenta, yellow and BLACK plate out there.

I feel your pain, and want some sort of sorting that will filter out all the duds.

in your search if you " -plate" it will omit that word, and should remove the plates from the listings... great find lol. I do think that plates should be #/4 not #/1 however... its just panini's marketing ploy to try and get people interested in them on the secondary market IMO

I find people quite stupid to use the term "ebay 1/1" within the title of a listing. It is a term that is used outside of eBay, like in forums, to describe the tactic employed by sellers to draw attention by mentioning the term "1/1". I came a listing recently that says "eBay 1/1" in the title, then went on to explain that it is not actually a 1/1 card within the description, what a total MORON and waste of time!!

:mad: This s#!t$ me to tears... 10/10 ..1/10... if that is a one of one then everything else that was printed within the run of ten is also a 1/1 !
I understand people chasing jersey numbers etc..that is a personal preference of the collector but just advertising something falsely to attract more buyers is a fraud infringement in my opinion.
Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain (adjectival form fraudulent; to defraud is the verb).[1] As a legal construct, fraud is both a civil wrong (i.e., a fraud victim may sue the fraud perpetrator to avoid the fraud and/or recover monetary compensation) and a criminal wrong (i.e., a fraud perpetrator may be prosecuted and imprisoned by governmental authorities). Defrauding people or organizations of money or valuables is the usual purpose of fraud, but it sometimes instead involves obtaining benefits without actually depriving anyone of money or valuables.

If this does not cover the dishonest subject we are discussing then Ebay better get their S%#! sorted!:crazy:

I don't believe that it is in eBay's best interest to do anything about this, they are just providing a channel for people to buy and sell. Their objective is to get as much buying and selling happening, to get the most commission. It's like how people complain about shill bidding and that eBay should put more effort to stop that. It is not something that will benefit them financially, so they will just turn a blind-eye.

I don't believe that it is in eBay's best interest to do anything about this, they are just providing a channel for people to buy and sell. Their objective is to get as much buying and selling happening, to get the most commission. It's like how people complain about shill bidding and that eBay should put more effort to stop that. It is not something that will benefit them financially, so they will just turn a blind-eye.

Well said mate i totally agree...why would you fix something in a company when it will only make you loose money

Back
Top Bottom