Topps Star Wars Card Trader App ?

Missed the Fans Choice vote today, guess it's daylight savings in the US now, so will have to remember to check late on Tuesday night as it's over by 6am Wednesday morning now...used to be able to just catch it first thing...
I have a dupe mate ;) i was up late last night, and kept checking my phone through night whenever i woke up... managed to get it just after 7am ( SA time )

I am happy to trade my dups in green / orange for anyone who is trying to complete these. I have decided not to bother until later in the year when the quantities are higher :) If there's a particular character you simply must have and I have it in single, it's fine to also trade that as long as you leave a similar level character. Just include a message so I know it's an OCTer since I can never remember anyone's IGN.

I think I'm giving up on this app guys, I think it's time to cut my losses. There is just way too much to deal with.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should hold it for a couple of weeks in case you change your mind or can think of a different way of trading. But good luck with your extra time if you do quit :)

I think I'm giving up on this app guys, I think it's time to cut my losses. There is just way too much to deal with.

Understandable...my feeling towards it varies from "Hey this is fun" to "I hate this thing" almost daily ! LOL

Like others have said, you might want to just step back a bit and wait until something catches your eye. As you say there's just so much being released and it can get a bit out of control chasing stuff. And the way Topps treats this thing as such a total money grab really wears you down...

Well Topps have just made it easier to give up being a completionist. Have you seen their 'mini' base? They obviously can't think of any new colours so they are repeating the colours they already have only smaller and for more money. The selling point is the small runs. Seriously, they are getting people to pay more for a poorer quality image of something they already have.

I have now traded away all my green gradients (bundles get cheaper and larger every few hours) and red cloths. I figure that if I ever actually want them, I can just pick them up in a couple of months for almost nothing. I just need to find a Greedo collector to give me a decent trade on the silver and that's the last of them. I will concentrate on green and orange, but without any strong commitment. The inserts are much more interesting than a different coloured background of an existing card. I think I can forego having something just because Topps is only releasing 10 or 50 or whatever.

To this day i still have not put any money into this app :) and will continue to do so...
which is a bit frustrating really, seeing all the really cool stuff being purchase only :(

I wonder when the next gold chase will be, if they even do it... I like the new laser burst, but i will unfortunately miss the last 2 as we are heading away for Easter... :(

Being a big Star Wars fan, i find the app fun though, its a great way to collect "cards" without it taking up space in my folders lol.
I have a few random inserts that i am happy to give up for some extra Boba cards.. I have the B&W Splatter of Vader, those annoying Rebels Propaganda cards, doubles of Fans Choice & Stormtrooper poster :)

If anyone is looking to hoarde coloured cards also, all my dupes are 1:1 for my locked Boba of same colour

Yeah, I saw the mini bulletin and thought, geez, Topps, minimal effort again ! And look at the green gradients lately... hey get 5 ...no buy 5 actually get 10...no get 6...no get 10 or maybe get 12...no wait, get 15.... hang on it's 17 now!! What a joke, who'd want to be an early buyer ? You just know they'll kill the values in a few weeks...

I did buy some of the GG packs yesterday, as the cloth chase was a bit of fun...even if they are ugly cards... Got a Boba in there I think Damo if you need it...

I started out wanting to try and get as many Rey's as I could...I got in early and managed to pick up the Premiere and a few others before her stuff got crazy, but it looks pretty bleak going forward as they release all these different variants etc, just too hard...

And what happened to the Gold's ??? Nothing since the first wave. Should we even bother hoarding I wonder...

Really think I need to buy some real world cards though and stop spending on SWCT altogether, even though it's not much... New star wars set out soon, and a few others coming in the months ahead..

And then after the mini-card fiasco, they come up with something for F2P players. The laser card can be picked up every day when you sign in for your credits, and the crests are nice cards at reasonable odds if you happen to be awake when they drop.

Just tried for the crest and after 3 packs it disappeared from the store even though I hadn't pulled it?? Didn't see a timer on it so has it sold out ?? Myeh...

Just tried for the crest and after 3 packs it disappeared from the store even though I hadn't pulled it?? Didn't see a timer on it so has it sold out ?? Myeh...

Yes, these are selling out fast. First took 45 mins or so and second took 90 mins. But even if I miss one (very possible with the random drop times and not enough time in advance warnings), I will be opening for as many as I can. The odds are reasonable, the art is good and colour and I can always trade after it's finished. Better to have as many as I can than to worry about completeness. Sure, not getting the award would be disappointing, but not as disappointing as not getting the award and something else :)

I have graffiti sorted. I wasn't going to collect these as I didn't like the first couple, then they did some I did like and I realised I would probably want the award. I will break it up after it's done.

New set - Battle for the Republic - is all AotC so I can safely skip that. Costume relics I will gamble on (couple of packs each time) on the basis that it is excellent trading fodder. But the best for breaking at the moment is Endor. It is stacking so deep that it is easy to keep up to date by opening every few days.

Back
Top Bottom