Topps Star Wars Card Trader App ?

That why i started to hoarde the obscure characters... everyone is chasing the popular ones so it is easier to pick up bulk lots of non populars :)

in saying this, i do have 13 Kylos for today if anyone wants to try for it... send me a 1:1 offer to start the ball rolling with what you might offer in the way of some Boba inserts... even old ones ;)
i still need 1 of the current pink Bobas... ;)

I hope everyone get what they were chasing with the big night - gold Kylo, various awards.

Within about a week of starting the app I decided I needed to spend some money to get something to trade since that was the only fun part. I ended up simply paying for the Battle Ready set in the various direct purchase pack each week and have also bought various gradient packs when on offer etc despite hating the base variants clogging up my screen. I now buy something once or twice a week to get master access for better odds and pulled or traded all the teal/pink bad feelings. So last night's awards marked the end of my 'trial' period on the app.

What have I learned?

(1) Insert trading really doesn't happen as much as it should - with each insert in its own pack type, people don't really cross trade because they open the pack that has the card they want. If you want to trade, you have to chase less popular sets (like bad feelings) because they don't sell out and there can be different inserts in the pack.

(2) Base trading was fun when I started. I picked 3 characters and tried to hoard them, starting with whites since i didn't really have many blues or reds. The idea was that I would see which one was easiest to hoard and then focus only on that one after a while. However, Topps introduced the gold meld about two weeks after I started and hoarding has gradually become much harder - I might have to look through 5 collections before finding anyone who has any spares, much less spares in my hoard. I ended up having to widen my range of characters just so I could find multiple cards in anyone's collection. I now have about 10 I look for for myself, plus another 3 or 4 that friends collect that I pick up if none of those 10 get me to a full trade. It's getting more and more difficult as my cards haven't been melded yet (apart from Yoda). I am now starting to consolidate my blues (on a single card!) and I think that's where I will focus. Sure, I pull way more whites so my card count is higher there, but lots of the 100 in everything hoarders will give blues for whites, though they often don't have enough blues. On the other hand, they are now getting to the point where they have 100 white and are willing to trade spares about that level. So I am still experimenting here.

(3) The communities are excellent - sharing information, helping each other out etc.

(4) Tapjoy is useless- endless surveys that don't pay out because you don't qualify despite having already answered many questions, games that don't say what score you have to get to, missing credits, no follow up when missing credits are reported

(5) Topps decision makers are short-sighted, taking the fun out of things will have people drop the app. And Topps systems are hopeless - the app is slow and unstable, trading is the most unstable part of the app, the cataloguing is badly designed, half the inserts don't have a set name on the back so it's hard to even work out where to look in the checklist, cards missing from packs etc. On the other hand, Topps customer support are actually pretty good at fixing the stuff ups.

As a physical card collector, I like the app because it gives me something that has been lost in physical card world - trading. The physical card world communities are also much less active than they were say 10 years ago so it is good to have that again. And I am used to paying for my cards, so a start up fund and occasional payments are not a real problem. But I really wish Topps encouraged the things that are good in the app rather than discouraging them.

Well, not happy bout that... i got the group that had the odds of 1:40 for the splatter... spent over 100k and not 1... :(
and yet i saw on the fan feed someone got both in the 1 pack..... wtf....????
did anyone manage to get even the B & W Boba? i have 3 dupes of Fans choice i will gladly swap for it :)

sorry
Well, not happy bout that... i got the group that had the odds of 1:40 for the splatter... spent over 100k and not 1... :(
and yet i saw on the fan feed someone got both in the 1 pack..... wtf....????
did anyone manage to get even the B & W Boba? i have 3 dupes of Fans choice i will gladly swap for it :)

sorry, i was in the 1:50 group and didn't bother trying. In fact, even in the 1:30 group, it's going to average 150k credits to get anything and it's just not worth that to me since it means I would have to pay to top up my credits and not chase anything else

sorry

sorry, i was in the 1:50 group and didn't bother trying. In fact, even in the 1:30 group, it's going to average 150k credits to get anything and it's just not worth that to me since it means I would have to pay to top up my credits and not chase anything else

Yeah, I was 1:50 too, so didn't bother... Right now there are no inserts set's I'm chasing...got burnt on Disruption, so have stopped on that and nothing else is taking my fancy , or they require too great a commitment to chase...

So just working on hoards for the gold at the moment..and at least the buy back to get in on the Kylo on the last day wasn't too terrible, so I might have a chance with Rey etc of getting the gold...

I hope everyone get what they were chasing with the big night - gold Kylo, various awards.

Within about a week of starting the app I decided I needed to spend some money to get something to trade since that was the only fun part. I ended up simply paying for the Battle Ready set in the various direct purchase pack each week and have also bought various gradient packs when on offer etc despite hating the base variants clogging up my screen. I now buy something once or twice a week to get master access for better odds and pulled or traded all the teal/pink bad feelings. So last night's awards marked the end of my 'trial' period on the app.

What have I learned?

(1) Insert trading really doesn't happen as much as it should - with each insert in its own pack type, people don't really cross trade because they open the pack that has the card they want. If you want to trade, you have to chase less popular sets (like bad feelings) because they don't sell out and there can be different inserts in the pack.

(2) Base trading was fun when I started. I picked 3 characters and tried to hoard them, starting with whites since i didn't really have many blues or reds. The idea was that I would see which one was easiest to hoard and then focus only on that one after a while. However, Topps introduced the gold meld about two weeks after I started and hoarding has gradually become much harder - I might have to look through 5 collections before finding anyone who has any spares, much less spares in my hoard. I ended up having to widen my range of characters just so I could find multiple cards in anyone's collection. I now have about 10 I look for for myself, plus another 3 or 4 that friends collect that I pick up if none of those 10 get me to a full trade. It's getting more and more difficult as my cards haven't been melded yet (apart from Yoda). I am now starting to consolidate my blues (on a single card!) and I think that's where I will focus. Sure, I pull way more whites so my card count is higher there, but lots of the 100 in everything hoarders will give blues for whites, though they often don't have enough blues. On the other hand, they are now getting to the point where they have 100 white and are willing to trade spares about that level. So I am still experimenting here.

(3) The communities are excellent - sharing information, helping each other out etc.

(4) Tapjoy is useless- endless surveys that don't pay out because you don't qualify despite having already answered many questions, games that don't say what score you have to get to, missing credits, no follow up when missing credits are reported

(5) Topps decision makers are short-sighted, taking the fun out of things will have people drop the app. And Topps systems are hopeless - the app is slow and unstable, trading is the most unstable part of the app, the cataloguing is badly designed, half the inserts don't have a set name on the back so it's hard to even work out where to look in the checklist, cards missing from packs etc. On the other hand, Topps customer support are actually pretty good at fixing the stuff ups.

As a physical card collector, I like the app because it gives me something that has been lost in physical card world - trading. The physical card world communities are also much less active than they were say 10 years ago so it is good to have that again. And I am used to paying for my cards, so a start up fund and occasional payments are not a real problem. But I really wish Topps encouraged the things that are good in the app rather than discouraging them.

Great post and totally agree. The gold chase has killed insert trading I think, as these days I'm sorting cards by duplicates to see how my hoarding is going, so don't even see my inserts much LOL!

I think it's good that white now have value, but wonder if they could have made it so it's 100 whites for a gold or 40 blue's or 20 reds or something to encourage trading of those also ?

Agree, tapjoy is useless here too, tried a few and gave up on them and I'm not about to install crap apps all over my phone just to get creds I'm afraid...

Hate that Topps are pushing so much towards pay for play. I know they're a business etc, but they need to make the same cards available to all players, even if at steep odds for f2p. I'd also like to see some random inserts and parallels across all packs. There just aren't any real surprises in the app at all...

I hear you on physical cards. It's unfortunate that there isn't quite the interest levels in "collecting and trading" these days (as opposed to buying and flipping!). I think ebay has killed off a lot of that, these days everyone is worried about value and you have an easy method to move cards on that doesn't require face to face contact etc. And while there's a lot of sets being made, this is both good and bad, good for choice and to get what you want, bad in that you can't collect everything, so quite often the chase to complete sets can be very slow, or you have a queue of sets you're trying to complete with limited time and money! It's also a pity there aren't many shows, card shops or even trading get togethers these days either, and those that are around are nothing like back in the 90's...

Another thing that is starting to impact the physical hobby I'm finding (besides the lousy Aussie dollar)is postage costs. It's starting to get pretty obscene what you have to pay to get one card sent anywhere these days! At least virtual cards have an advantage there, but I still prefer the real thing myself!

Green gradient bundle is 50% off and delivering 10 cards instead of the advertised 5 if anyone is interested...bought a few because I'm bored with the app, and needed something new, did okay, got a few hoard cards and hopefully some traders..

I have lost a lot of interest in this (and huddle) finding the pay for stuff is increasing and the standard chases getting more difficult last few days I have been just logging on to get the fee coins.....half considering giving up the apps all together.

Also the trading seems ridiculous at the moment to with people wanting 2 for 1 and that is them wanting 2 of the current gold chase cards for 1 of their whites... A bit rich.. It's unenjoyable

I have lost a lot of interest in this (and huddle) finding the pay for stuff is increasing and the standard chases getting more difficult last few days I have been just logging on to get the fee coins.....half considering giving up the apps all together.

Also the trading seems ridiculous at the moment to with people wanting 2 for 1 and that is them wanting 2 of the current gold chase cards for 1 of their whites... A bit rich.. It's unenjoyable

Yeah, have to agree mate, I've been pretty bored with it all lately, today being the first time in a good while I've had a dabble. Still been doing a few hoard trades every now and then, but even spending free credits on packs bring little enjoyment now as the odds on inserts etc just seem to be going up. Tried to get into the Endor locations, but spent 100k of credits without pulling one yesterday...got the scout today, but not sure if I'll continue...

And pay to play is just getting out of hand...

Yeah, have to agree mate, I've been pretty bored with it all lately, today being the first time in a good while I've had a dabble. Still been doing a few hoard trades every now and then, but even spending free credits on packs bring little enjoyment now as the odds on inserts etc just seem to be going up. Tried to get into the Endor locations, but spent 100k of credits without pulling one yesterday...got the scout today, but not sure if I'll continue...

And pay to play is just getting out of hand...

They had that 70's pop series which was purchase only which I would of liked as a follow up to the comic pop series they ran a few months back but I can't justify spending dollar after dollar for nothing physical I don't mind dropping the odd 2 buds for a cool pink or something but $12 a day is a bit steep.

Also I am getting itchy fingers do physical cards (NRL Traders came out at a good time)

Anyone doing the revisited (anniversary)? I happened to have a bunch of credits because I wasn't chasing the latest. I bought something cheap to get master access and had a run of good luck with the 10% chance of a random card that master gave me. So I actually bought some credits and had more luck. My original intention was to get the 4 cards I liked, but I have managed to get the whole blue set and am still trading to get some variants. It's a lot of fun to have active trading again.

I got a bunch, wasn't really chasing anything beyond maybe getting the Rey's, but ended up with a swag of them. I liked how the master access means you could possibly get different inserts to those that the packs were named after... would like to see more of that randomness across the App. Probably should try and do the blue set... yell out if you need any of mine for your chase...

I got a bunch, wasn't really chasing anything beyond maybe getting the Rey's, but ended up with a swag of them. I liked how the master access means you could possibly get different inserts to those that the packs were named after... would like to see more of that randomness across the App. Probably should try and do the blue set... yell out if you need any of mine for your chase...

just sent you a trade request. you can of course change it. Yes, I really liked the randomness of the master access, it's the main reason I kept on opening even after i got enough cards to collect the five or so i wanted.

I liked the revisited set but getting a little over the number of base variants. Hoping the new gold chase starts soon to see if any of my hoards comes up. Have upped my hoards to 600 to ensure I get my gold.

Really getting sick of these greedy trade. Couldn't believe this guy tried it.

image.png

I liked the revisited set but getting a little over the number of base variants. Hoping the new gold chase starts soon to see if any of my hoards comes up. Have upped my hoards to 600 to ensure I get my gold.

I have entirely stopped getting variants. I picked up a bunch of green gradients when they were cheap but they do nothing for me. I know some people like the low count cards just for their rarity, so my plan is to use them as trade bait (though I have never been able to work out fair trade value for inserts). I will collect the green and orange gradually as they become more common.

If anyone needs revisited to finish off their revisited sets, check if I have it. I have finished the green and black so dups of these, or any blue (I broke the set to finish my black and decided not to try and rebuild) are up for trade. I don't have heaps, but may be able to help if you just need 1 or 2.

Missed the Fans Choice vote today, guess it's daylight savings in the US now, so will have to remember to check late on Tuesday night as it's over by 6am Wednesday morning now...used to be able to just catch it first thing...

Back
Top Bottom