Topps NBL 22/23 Official Thread

Recommend purchasing direct from US, that’s what I did. Comes out significantly cheaper even including international shipping for a case

Recommend purchasing direct from US, that’s what I did. Comes out significantly cheaper even including international shipping for a case

DA Card World have cases at $599 USD = Approx $885 AUD.

Say its $1000 AUD for a case inc shipping (12 boxes) = Approx $85 a box (20 packs per box) = Approx $4.15 per pack

Spot on and depending on FX does fall just below import tax threshold

Hence, $80-85 a box is a very good price

Just picked one up on Ebay in the US, once SMC has their fee's and it's bundled with the rest should get it home for about $70-75.

Clearly Topps chrome has some additional inserts noting below image and the legends card

098F7C08-E28F-44BB-9B82-9A8CEEE4E17D.png

Will be interesting to see how these age in a number of years, given the entire checklist are essentially rookie cards for most of the players who haven't played NBA or been top college prospects.

Unlucky (or lucky for collectors maybe depending on your view) that these were released a few years after the Ball/Giddey rookie seasons. Those rookie auto's and 1/1, /5 etc would have been extremely big cards, even internationally imo.

So it's going to see how these go moving forward, especially with the likelihood of some NBA draft prospects who skip college via the NBL and top Aussie prospects like Giddey having their true rookie cards in these NBL sets.

There's a possibility some of Ball's most expensive cards would have been in those NBL sets with the lower print runs.

More exposure to the NBL by American collectors is only a good thing.

I think you will find these top cards will even outstrip AFL/NRL values in the future given the overseas market for the right player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom