Baseball Topps 1952 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card Value?

Ultimate TC

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
I have a Topps 1952 Mickey Mantle Rookie Card and was wondering the Value of this.

My father was givin this Card in the Mid 1950's by a pen Friend and has had it in an Envelope with the letter saying it was there Favorite Baseball player. I never knew my Father owned it until about a month ago and would like to get a Value on it. It is Good-Mint Condition.

I reckon looking at it would be as good as the one for sale it has been in hiding since the 1950's and is very good condition. Can't wait to tell my dad :).

As with the one on the Ebay link, it would be worth getting yours graded ASAP as it adds value by showing that it's authentic as well as giving potential buyers an accurate picture of the card's condition.

Jeez mate, what a find :thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Like ASCI said it would be worth getting it graded, because if you were looking to sell it would be worth more in the US and it would sell for more graded :thumbsup:

When you post the scans, I can show some guys over at PSA and get an idea on authenticity. Not that I don't believe you, but with the value of the card you will pay a small fortune to have it graded and would want to ensure it is going to pass authentication before dropping any sort of coin.

mate i would get it insured, graded and hire a security guard to stand watch over it 24/7

dont ever sell it.....unless it pays off ya house and car and sends ya all on a holiday

go the saints :)

that is a very collectable card and highly chased by collectors.

There are many cases and this is one of the most duplicated baseball card out there.

As Graham said you should have it checked out to ensure authentication but if it has been in the family since the 50's it may be real.

Before you do pay of the house with it get authenticated and graded to protect that baby and enjoy what is one of the greatest cards ever made.

Who would have thought that 50 years ago card collectors stuck those cards in their bike rims to make a wirring sound. Yes, the even used Mantles.

Back
Top Bottom