TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

Sorry idf this has been asked and answered somewhere:

What's the card in this release that we will never see in boxes and cases? Will it be a parallel case cards again?

Sorry idf this has been asked and answered somewhere:

What's the card in this release that we will never see in boxes and cases? Will it be a parallel case cards again?

Which case cards, there are 3 different lots this year, League Leaders, parallel retirements and Legends.....also don't go looking for starters at the Newsagents as they are not getting any. Priority also upped from 40 to 60 cases and with over a few hundred dollar increase per case at the wholesale level someone is getting greedy.

Last edited:
Which case cards, there are 3 different lots this year, League Leaders, parallel retirements and Legends.....also don't go looking for starters at the Newsagents as they are not getting any. Priority also upped from 40 to 60 cases and with over a few hundred dollar increase per case at the wholesale level someone is getting greedy.
I thought it was the hobby starters that got cut and the retail starter allocation was getting split to give the dealers more stock?

I'm sure the case cards will make their way to eBay shortly after release.

I'm sure the case cards will make their way to eBay shortly after release.

I heard that news agents were purchasing by the box NOT case order, if that is the go we know that Newsagents / Servo's don't get the case cards so what happens with the extras????? Are we in for another case card enigma like the last release?????

I think they might be like the elusive Elite Case Cards........ I was looking for a Cleary/DCE version but have decided to give it a miss.

I'm sure they will be for sale through some of the Authorised TLA Dealers/eBay members at some stage in the near future.

They might be like striking gold if you can get one!

Had a look yesterday to try and see what allocations our newsagency has received for this release.
At this stage seems we should get 3 boxes starters so a bit over 50 packs, if the 10,000 starters is correct we have probably done OK.
The recent cricket release was about 5,000 starters and we received 12 packs but NRL starters should be a bit easier to find given it is predominantly a NSW/QLD release not national like cricket. Twice the number of starters and probably less than half the number of retailers compared to cricket.

Had a look yesterday to try and see what allocations our newsagency has received for this release.
At this stage seems we should get 3 boxes starters so a bit over 50 packs, if the 10,000 starters is correct we have probably done OK.
The recent cricket release was about 5,000 starters and we received 12 packs but NRL starters should be a bit easier to find given it is predominantly a NSW/QLD release not national like cricket. Twice the number of starters and probably less than half the number of retailers compared to cricket.

I will say it again, Newsagents wont get any starters.

I will say it again, Newsagents wont get any starters.
I can only go off what ovato are saying, they are the distributors for newsagents. As of right now if I enquire on future allocation it is showing 3 boxes of starters, it is no guarantee but would be unusual for them to do allocation on a product if they dont know the numbers they are receiving. As of today I do not have a projected allocation of albums or boxes. makes me think there is some uncertainty over the number of these they will receive for distribution..

Your information might have some truth to it but unless you are prepared to name sources I will stick with what I am being told by the company actually doing the suppling.

I can only go off what ovato are saying, they are the distributors for newsagents. As of right now if I enquire on future allocation it is showing 3 boxes of starters, it is no guarantee but would be unusual for them to do allocation on a product if they dont know the numbers they are receiving. As of today I do not have a projected allocation of albums or boxes. makes me think there is some uncertainty over the number of these they will receive for distribution..

Your information might have some truth to it but unless you are prepared to name sources I will stick with what I am being told by the company actually doing the suppling.

I really hope Newsagents get starters. With Priority being dealer only (which I have no issues with), something needs to be left for the retail aspect. From what I have seen, Priority in both Traders and Elite seems to have ‘stacked’ boxes which presumably leaves the boxes in newsagents a bit light on. The availability of starters negates this somewhat.

I have also heard that Elite 21 will not be in Newsagents.

Back
Top Bottom