Timberwolves in Charlotte 3/24/10

sigman101

OzCardTrader
Real Name
N
Went down to Charlotte back on Wednesday to try for the Timberwolves on their only trip down to the "Queen City" for the season. With this team being one of the best signing teams in the league, I figured they would be easy to go after. Turns out I was sort of wrong. They ended up staying at the "hotel evil" of sorts for basketball autographs down there. I didn't find out until late Tuesday night as I guess they have been known to stay at the good hotel in the past. When it was all said and done, it was almost a disaster of a trip BUT ended up turning out to be a unbelievable success. I will get right to the results:

Timberwolves going to shootarond

Even though I knew they were at this "hotel evil" of sorts for basketball autographs in Charlotte, I decided to give it a try to see what would happen. I was able to get down there and ended up talking to the other graphers there and they told me that 2 other teams have stayed at this place this season and the security person did call the cops once from when they did the last team that stayed there. No one said anything to us this time but it was the most nervous I have ever been doing IP autos in Charlotte lol:

Timberwolves

Corey Brewer 2/2 Sports Illustrated magazines
Ryan Gomes 5/8 cards
Al Jefferson 1/1 8x10 photo
Kurt Rambis 1/1 personalized card
Reggie Theus 1/6 cards

Not disappointing for the bad hotel, but I was not up for taking anymore chances with that place since I heard of a few other horror stories with graphing at this place. On the plus side I had a connection this time around that mentioned they would possibly be able to help me out with access at the game. I did not do anymore graphing until gametime.

Here is what I ended up getting pregame:

Timberwolves

Corey Brewer 1/1 8x10 photo
Ryan Hollins 3/6 cards
Oleksiy Pecherov 1/1 White Blank Filler card
Kurt Rambis 1/1 SI NOT PERSONALIZED
Reggie Theus 4/5 cards

You thought I was done right??? Think again LOL...

This connection that I had this time around instructed me to go to the will call booth to pickup something that was left under my name. After 20 minutes of waiting around, the will call booth people told me that nothing was left under my name. I ended up contacting this connection that mentioned they could help me out again. They called me back 5 minutes later and they asked where my seat was located at. I left me seat location with them and they told me somebody that works for the Bobcats would come to see me at my seat in the arena. When it was all said and done, someone that works for the Bobcats did come to see me. I talked with him for a couple minutes and this connection I knew told me he just talked to them not to long ago. When it was all said and done, after halftime ended and the 3rd quarter was about to start, he handed me this plastic piece of paper. When I turn it over, its a VIP POSTGAME PASS!!! I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT, I WAS SHOCKED!!! So thanks to this connection that actually worked for a change (YES; LOL), here is what I ended up getting post game:

Timberwolves

Corey Brewer 3/8 cards
Jonny Flynn 1/1 Sports Illustrated Magazine, 3/8 cards, *picture with*!!! (1 of the cards smeared ugh lol...)
Ryan Gomes 5/8 cards
Damien Wilkins 1/3 cards

Missed Pavlovic, Hollins, and possibly two other players as I was busy trying to get Jonny Flynn as he was mobbed after the game. Once Flynn came out, it was a mob scene. Glad I got him though and I was surprised that I was able to get a pic with him as he was mobbed everywhere when he came out.

That is all I got from the Timberwolves this time around.

In the 5 years that I have done NBA IP autographs, this has been my best NBA IP experience ever!!! I still am shocked over getting the VIP Postgame passes. I have to admit it was nice to go to a game for a change and not get kicked out after the game lol. What a great storybook ending to my shortened basketball graphing season.

This is it for my NBA IP autos for this season as I have been busy with school up at Marshall University here this school year. Can't wait until baseball starts as I will get to see some decent minor league teams for a change unlike the Frontier League (Fallout League). Thanks alot for looking!!!

Next up for me: Columbus Clippers Meet the Team Party April 7th...

That's amazing sigman! So jealous mate! Ryan Gomes is my favourite player in the NBA eh! He seems to be a real good guy off the court, is this how you found him to be? How did you find the other players to talk with?

Cheers dude :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom