Thread bumping rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlukex

Banned User
Real Name
luke
Ok so before I could respond and ask questions on the other thread quicksilver has locked it. So here is my question... If I have a sale thread with a few nice cards that all sell quickly I'm not allowed to bump it up with new cards in it? If this is so it should be changed I think.

Any other members have thoughts on this?

if you do what you are saying what is stopping you from adding new cards every hour and constant bumping...
if everyone does that it gets pretty messy in the forums....

surely if you have SOLD ALL the cards and list more you could get away with a post to say new stuff added,
but if it was done several times a day it would be abusing the system in my books.

Ok so before I could respond and ask questions on the other thread quicksilver has locked it. So here is my question... If I have a sale thread with a few nice cards that all sell quickly I'm not allowed to bump it up with new cards in it? If this is so it should be changed I think.

Any other members have thoughts on this?

It's fairly obvious if it is a legit addition of cards or just being a joker. Otherwise we'll have smartasses who will add a card ever 3-4 hours just to bump it back up.

Once per day. If everyone bumped twice a day, when is anyone going to see any threads ? The ones that aren't being bumped are going to drop to the bottom and those that aren't on here every minute of the day are going to be inconvenienced.

All that will achieve is exactly what Graham posted above, everyone will add a "new" card or a basecard just so they can bump, fair enough if it is legit (eg. you get some new cards in) but it will soon become the easy way to get your thread back to the top. So people follow what they are asked

The reason that rules are in place is to cover ALL members, to help the site run smoothly and while you may not 100% agree with the rules they are there for a reason. Mods are always happy to review them but we have to make a balanced decision that works for all.

if you do what you are saying what is stopping you from adding new cards every hour and constant bumping...
if everyone does that it gets pretty messy in the forums....

surely if you have SOLD ALL the cards and list more you could get away with a post to say new stuff added,
but if it was done several times a day it would be abusing the system in my books.

My thoughts also, if I'm adding new cards, why can't I bump. It is the sellers that keep collections going

My thoughts also, if I'm adding new cards, why can't I bump. It is the sellers that keep collections going

exactly, but as billyhoyle said, the rules are there for a reason.

If people are taking advantage of it, it can be seen a mile away..... surely if you do it Several times a day and every day it will get noticed...

do you really want to read the same for sale threads over and over again with just the post "new cards added" at the bottom?

stick to the rules, and if you happen to sell all your cards right away, well done, and surely if that once you add new ones and bump it you will be fine.
do it all the time and you are adding to the problem....

exactly, but as billyhoyle said, the rules are there for a reason.

If people are taking advantage of it, it can be seen a mile away..... surely if you do it Several times a day and every day it will get noticed...

do you really want to read the same for sale threads over and over again with just the post "new cards added" at the bottom?

stick to the rules, and if you happen to sell all your cards right away, well done, and surely if that once you add new ones and bump it you will be fine.
do it all the time and you are adding to the problem....
That's what I'm saying... Don't know why it was so hard to get an answer

That's what I'm saying... Don't know why it was so hard to get an answer
Well i am not a mod so cant give a final answer on it.. but was just my thoughts on it.... so if you do do it they may still tell you off / ban you / send you to the naughty corner or smack your bum, whatever they see fit if you abuse the system

if its going to be policed then i think it should apply to everyone, 2 sales threads and a bump every day, with the odd exception of a sale night reducing prices every 5 minutes until sold thread.
this site should be fun and enjoyable not full of inhouse bitching

As chilli said if it's legit, I don't think it over-rules the 24 hour rule though, otherwise people will just add a new card for the bump every couple of hours to ignore the 24 hour rule.

Also as Quicksilver said - We have quite a few members who report excessively bumped thread to us, so it's not necessarily us that has a problem with it.

As chilli said if it's legit, I don't think it over-rules the 24 hour rule though, otherwise people will just add a new card for the bump every couple of hours to ignore the 24 hour rule.

Also as Quicksilver said - We have quite a few members who report excessively bumped thread to us, so it's not necessarily us that has a problem with it.
Members don't seem to have a problem when there buying, I'll bump when I think it's needed, thanks

Members don't seem to have a problem when there buying, I'll bump when I think it's needed, thanks
and this is where the problem arises, if it is ok for you to bump when you feel like it, then it makes it ok for everyone else to bump excessively. Unsure why you think the rules shouldn't or don't apply to you.

i dont see why certain members get their panties in a bunch over a thread being bumped within a 24hr period???

i agree that what luke is proposing opens up a flood gate for people to 'rort' the system, but im sure something can be worked out between mods and members to find a solution. perhaps using the addition of new cards has a minimum allowance of cards to be added, say 5 every 6 hours to weed out the 1 every hour scenario - just my $0.02

And I think you should respect the sites rules otherwise ill have to take the appropriate steps when it's needed. Thanks!
and this is where the problem arises, if it is ok for you to bump when you feel like it, then it makes it ok for everyone else to bump excessively. Unsure why you think the rules shouldn't or don't apply to you.
Your both missing the point boys! I don't even have a current thread running, was asking if it was ok to bump within 24 hours if my thread sells and I add more. I know the rules, was asking a question relating. maybe instead of threatening members that support this site and happy to donate money be helpful and just give a straight answer.

Your both missing the point boys! I don't even have a current thread running, was asking if it was ok to bump within 24 hours if my thread sells and I add more. I know the rules, was asking a question relating. maybe instead of threatening members that support this site and happy to donate money be helpful and just give a straight answer.

Luke, it's the way you are wording it, as I've said all along - if you legitimately add a new card then a bump is fair enough. What we would want to avoid is people using it as an excuse to bump, especially every couple of hours.

What you said sounded like you don't care about the mods or rules or following what you have been asked to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom