Thread bumping rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your both missing the point boys! I don't even have a current thread running, was asking if it was ok to bump within 24 hours if my thread sells and I add more. I know the rules, was asking a question relating. maybe instead of threatening members that support this site and happy to donate money be helpful and just give a straight answer.

so, what your saying is, theoretically, you have a sale thread with 4 cards. you bump the thread at 11am. 1130am mystery member buys all 4 cards. 12pm you add new cards and bump the same thread??

the problem i have with it is those who have wantlists that have 6 things in it. and they serial bump it to the point were it is seriously annoying.... someone the other day bumped a sale thread nearly every 2 hours.....yes its highly bloody annoying

i agree with the whole "bump at 5pm"......no response...fine add 10+ more cards to it...edit the title "more added" least your actually trying to get interest...theres only so many times you can go to a thread and see the same 3 cards in it...

the problem i have with it is those who have wantlists that have 6 things in it. and they serial bump it to the point were it is seriously annoying.... someone the other day bumped a sale thread nearly every 2 hours.....yes its highly bloody annoying

i agree with the whole "bump at 5pm"......no response...fine add 10+ more cards to it...edit the title "more added" least your actually trying to get interest...theres only so many times you can go to a thread and see the same 3 cards in it...

yet i always get suckered into clicking on them lol

Yeah good maybe police it fairly then.
it's interesting that you've got your knickers in such a twist for someone who doesn't even have a current for sale thread.

We don't spend all day and night on the site. We will police it as fairly and evenly as we see fit, in a manner that fits all members. We'll police it if and when we see it or when it has been reported by other members.

yet i always get suckered into clicking on them lol
exactly sometimes i see them over and over again specially those with a wantlist that says "im looking for this team" and then next thing you no you scroll down to 600000000 "bump" posts...seriously after 3 if i dont have interest i think of an idea to change it actually take the time to fill the thread out properly..

it's interesting that you've got your knickers in such a twist for someone who doesn't even have a current for sale thread.

We don't spend all day and night on the site. We will police it as fairly and evenly as we see fit, in a manner that fits all members. We'll police it if and when we see it or when it has been reported by other members.

can i ask whether you find some members go to extremes with reporting stuff trying to be wannabe mods??

Luke, it's the way you are wording it, as I've said all along - if you legitimately add a new card then a bump is fair enough. What we would want to avoid is people using it as an excuse to bump, especially every couple of hours.

What you said sounded like you don't care about the mods or rules or following what you have been asked to do.
Thanks mate, it was a question and didn't see a problem bumping if it was legit and not abusing the rule.

exactly sometimes i see them over and over again specially those with a wantlist that says "im looking for this team" and then next thing you no you scroll down to 600000000 "bump" posts...seriously after 3 if i dont have interest i think of an idea to change it actually take the time to fill the thread out properly..

my current sale thread garners absolutely no interest, so i bump it every other day at odd times to try n catch out different people - to be honest, half the time i forget i have one lol

oh i understand that, but some people do have a tendency to go overboard at times lol
We certainly don't read into it that they want to be a mod. The thing is it is the members of this place that make it a great place, so we all should take an interest in it running smoothly.

Ok so before I could respond and ask questions on the other thread quicksilver has locked it. So here is my question... If I have a sale thread with a few nice cards that all sell quickly I'm not allowed to bump it up with new cards in it? If this is so it should be changed I think.

Any other members have thoughts on this?

Ask the last person you sold too, to reply with pm sent, straight back to the top then.

I am fairly sure that when the 24 hour thread bumping rule was introduced the old forum would not allow you to bump a thread if the 24 hours had not elapsed. I reckon the mods would love for this to still be in place.

As a courtesy to other members you should have one main Buy Sell Trade thread. We will allow an exception for a special card that deserves its own thread.

Do not post a new thread for every single card. Do not post a new thread for every single set.

If you have more that two ACTIVE threads in this forum, all threads will be removed. This will allow all members a fair chance to advertise their cards for sale.

Think it depends if your friends with the mods.

Are you serious? For your own sake Luke go find another site to trade on, obviously you have huge problems with this site and the mods here.

In all honesty I'm not sure if we have pulled anyone up on having more than 2 sale threads unless it was obvious and they just posted multiple for sale threads continually and it's fairly obvious when someone does as they post them (or bump them) all at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom