Thoughts on value? 1996 Dynamic Maser Cell Signature

Colesy

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
e-b-a-y-market
Does anyone have an idea on value of this?
It is the oversized Master Cell signature /200.

2963F1BD-A4F3-476B-A854-05E1878F7598.jpeg

Nice card Ben. The signature still looks nice and clear unlike many of the Dynamic CEL cards you see around.

Not having a St George card in this subset means I don't really have my finger on the pulse for these but I recall them being in the $125 ballpark when I was trying to collect everything. I think the frame was key to the price as there were some oversized cards around with it.

Ross

Nice card Ben. The signature still looks nice and clear unlike many of the Dynamic CEL cards you see around.

Not having a St George card in this subset means I don't really have my finger on the pulse for these but I recall them being in the $125 ballpark when I was trying to collect everything. I think the frame was key to the price as there were some oversized cards around with it.

Ross
Thanks Ross. When where they around the $125 ballpark? Was that recently or years back? Also was that with the frame or without?

Hard to find any sales history on them and don’t see any up for sale.

Thanks Ross. When where they around the $125 ballpark? Was that recently or years back? Also was that with the frame or without?

Ben, they have a number on the back, near bottom, most not visible when in the box, ie 36/200.
Nice sig, it would be around around 160 to 180, depending on number.

Real nice card mate . I haven’t been around as long as these guys but it’s the clearest sig I’ve seen on one of those master cel cards That’s also a cool looking frame around it and I’ve never seen one before . I’ve got a standard size Johns and I wish it was as dark as that one with a frame .

Last edited:

It would have been 8-10 years ago.

I cant say I've seen many come up for sale recently either. I do seem to recall that apart from the officially numbered to 200 cards that dynamic also issued some unnumbered as a promotional give away. I cant recall if these were signed or not. To me it is this kind of ad hoc additional give away and stuff they did hurts the Dynamic prices.

Regardless nice card.

Cheers
Ross

The Dynamic Master CELs were a nightmare until someone posted the following summary here ages ago:

1. STANDARD MASTER CEL CARD.
2. FOILED MASTER CEL CARD (WITH FOILED WATER MARKS)
3. STANDARD MASTER CEL CARD - GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC & SIGNED BY AUTHENTICITY OFFICER F O'CONNELL (FROM DYNAMIC) - NUMBERED OUT OF 400
4. FOILED MASTER CEL CARD - GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC & SIGNED BY AUTHENTICITY OFFICER F O'CONNELL (FROM DYNAMIC) - NUMBERED OUT OF 100
5. FOILED SIGNATURE MASTER CEL CARD - SIGNED BY PLAYER - NUMBERED OUT OF 200 - LIMITED EDITION IN ENCLOSED GREEN MASTER CEL BOX (RARE)

Good info Mike.

I would also note that not every Cel had a Master Cel.

36 CEL cards divided into 4 sub sets of 9 cards: Fire / Earth / Air / Water

I think it may have been only the 9 cards in the Water sub set that were in the master set....

The Dynamic Master CELs were a nightmare until someone posted the following summary here ages ago:

1. STANDARD MASTER CEL CARD.
2. FOILED MASTER CEL CARD (WITH FOILED WATER MARKS)
3. STANDARD MASTER CEL CARD - GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC & SIGNED BY AUTHENTICITY OFFICER F O'CONNELL (FROM DYNAMIC) - NUMBERED OUT OF 400
4. FOILED MASTER CEL CARD - GUARANTEED AUTHENTIC & SIGNED BY AUTHENTICITY OFFICER F O'CONNELL (FROM DYNAMIC) - NUMBERED OUT OF 100
5. FOILED SIGNATURE MASTER CEL CARD - SIGNED BY PLAYER - NUMBERED OUT OF 200 - LIMITED EDITION IN ENCLOSED GREEN MASTER CEL BOX (RARE)
Need a PhD in cardboard for that 😂

Some information about the Master cells and acetate cards.
Its gets complicated as many got released in the bankruptcy sale

Small acetate cards -
36 in the set that came in the packs
Signature cards were foiled and obtained by sending in 18 wrappers and $14.95. came with Cert Of Authenticity. numbered out of 200
Unsigned Foiled - obtain through Value card redemption for the set. 100 only

then released through bankruptcy sale were
Unnumbered Foiled signed cards

Master cells
9 different - Came in a box with signature and frame with stand. Numbered out of 200. Cost $94.95 direct from Dynamic
Then also released direct from Dynamic
Unfoiled "pre proof" NOT signed mastercells numbered out of 400
Foiled Mastercells, NOT signed numbered out of 100

Bankruptcy sale
Unfoiled, unnumbered, not signed mastercells
Foiled, unnumbered , not signed, mastercells

The only signed mastercells were the 200 that came in the frame

Some information about the Master cells and acetate cards.
Its gets complicated as many got released in the bankruptcy sale

Small acetate cards -
36 in the set that came in the packs
Signature cards were foiled and obtained by sending in 18 wrappers and $14.95. came with Cert Of Authenticity. numbered out of 200
Unsigned Foiled - obtain through Value card redemption for the set. 100 only

then released through bankruptcy sale were
Unnumbered Foiled signed cards

Master cells
9 different - Came in a box with signature and frame with stand. Numbered out of 200. Cost $94.95 direct from Dynamic
Then also released direct from Dynamic
Unfoiled "pre proof" NOT signed mastercells numbered out of 400
Foiled Mastercells, NOT signed numbered out of 100

Bankruptcy sale
Unfoiled, unnumbered, not signed mastercells
Foiled, unnumbered , not signed, mastercells

The only signed mastercells were the 200 that came in the frame
Right on Roger, covers it all in the correct way.

Back
Top Bottom