1996 Andrew Johns signature series

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
Apologies for the multitude of questions but would like to get a bit more of a handle on the hobby.

Did this signature card come both /400 and non-numbered? Were there any other numbered ones?

Would love to grab one of these

Thanks

Cheers for that. I did a bit more looking and came across that info. Thanks for answering.

I'd like to start buying some cards of players like Johns as I'm done collecting American sports save for hockey but there seems a lack of scrutiny in the ozzie hobby. Without being able to verify the authenticity of the card I'm not sure I'd like to fork out hundreds of dollars for a card that may have had someone draw a /400 on the card. Looks like that could be easily done.

I like to think 99% of people will do the righty but you want to be 100% sure you're getting the real thing.

Cheers for that. I did a bit more looking and came across that info. Thanks for answering.

I'd like to start buying some cards of players like Johns as I'm done collecting American sports save for hockey but there seems a lack of scrutiny in the ozzie hobby. Without being able to verify the authenticity of the card I'm not sure I'd like to fork out hundreds of dollars for a card that may have had someone draw a /400 on the card. Looks like that could be easily done.

I like to think 99% of people will do the righty but you want to be 100% sure you're getting the real thing.
That was a big issue with Dynamic cards, autos on base cards /inserts. Because some of the signatures, particularly those like the Captains were through the Dynamic Collectors Club, they just used base and sent an A4 letter as the COA.

There are plenty of good Joey cards but if you want an auto, you are unlikely to get one that has been authenticated under $900 with done over $1500.

He had autos in Dynamic 95 (Captain), 96 National Heroes, and 96 (Signature Gold Acetate). These are the only ones you will get under $500ea.

Joey then had on card autos in 01 Challenge (All Stars), 04 Authentic (Captain), 06 Invincible (Record Breaker), 13 Traders (Legends) and 18 Glory (Immortal
Signature).

Good luck with the chase. I have done lower end inserts and parallels of Joey available.

I thought those with authentication might be very expensive - as they ought to be. I've never spent more than $200USD on an individual card but 5X that on a wax orde which I instantly opened. Should have been the other way around. Such is the life of a gambler.

Thanks for the info Brendan. Much appreciated.

There's definitely something to be said for keeping a blank spot on cards where the auto goes.

Looks like I'll have to take a flyer at an unauthenticated one. Four figures for a card is way out of my budget, sadly.

That was a big issue with Dynamic cards, autos on base cards /inserts. Because some of the signatures, particularly those like the Captains were through the Dynamic Collectors Club, they just used base and sent an A4 letter as the COA.

There are plenty of good Joey cards but if you want an auto, you are unlikely to get one that has been authenticated under $900 with done over $1500.

He had autos in Dynamic 95 (Captain), 96 National Heroes, and 96 (Signature Gold Acetate). These are the only ones you will get under $500ea.

Joey then had on card autos in 01 Challenge (All Stars), 04 Authentic (Captain), 06 Invincible (Record Breaker), 13 Traders (Legends) and 18 Glory (Immortal
Signature).

Good luck with the chase. I have done lower end inserts and parallels of Joey available.
I currently have a john's 96 mvp with A4 coa for sale.

I currently have a john's 96 mvp with A4 coa for sale.

1711534246708637453652076871082.jpg

Back
Top Bottom