Things that piss me off

There's a great YT channel called Scammer Payback where this computer geek goes after these scam centres in India, hacks their computers, tells them that he knows where they are located( sometimes even their identities) and passes as much info on to the FBI and their Euro counterparts. 95% of the scammers are set up in Calcutta. I think he's called Kiogi or something. I haven't watched for a while. He has a big following.

The scammers usually shit themselves when they realise it's him they have on the line. He's telling them that he is mass deleting their files and giving their GP co-ordinates to the authorities, lol. It's good stuff. These scammers literally destroy the lives of vulnerable people.

Was looking at one of my old videos from a road trip on 2002 and seen a servo we drove by

:cry::thumbsdown:

petrol2002.JPG

That people don't do auctions on ebay anymore.

Book series: 75 listings; 3 auctions
Bieksa cards: 919 listings; 1 auction

And don't get me started on video games. COVID and the graded speculative bubble messed the market up, and while the bubble eventually crashed, prices are still being inflated and people think they have a retirement plan sitting in their cupboard. Only auctions you see are for bulk lots of shovelware or Singstar.

In the

And don't get me started on video games. COVID and the graded speculative bubble messed the market up, and while the bubble eventually crashed, prices are still being inflated and people think they have a retirement plan sitting in their cupboard. Only auctions you see are for bulk lots of shovelware or Singstar.
In the end it comes down to as always - How much do you want the card and/or how low are you prepared to sell it for.
The market works it out. We do get over excited at times though.

I'm not in the market of selling my cards for 0.99c haha

If it was the US, I'd probably auction every card

I don't run eBay auctions because if there's at least a 33% chance that the buyer won't pay, I'd rather be in control of the amount they don't pay.

Rather than letting "comps" drop down through an undersold auction, giving the next person a lower baseline, or wasting time. Auction length plus 4 days to non pay is a lot of lost opportunity when you can let cards sit there until you can negotiate the price you want.

I'll run auctions through COMC on eBay if I've had items sitting there for long enough without selling, but from my own account? No way.

Sugar ants. Little fuckers decided that my sound bar was a nice warm place to bring up a family. Corroded a circuit board inside the box and now I'm out $390 for a repair.

1000003042.jpg
They look like maggots and ants in there if that’s the case save your $390 and set fire to this thing, burn it and try to forget this ever happened

Last time I auctioned a card I vowed never again. It was a Weston McKennie 2018-19 Donruss Rated Rookie Optic PSA10. And this was just before the last soccer world cup.

All the Buy it Now copies on comc were going for well over $100 in SGC10 and there was one other PSA10 going for $300. I ran an auction through comc which costs $5 and I got $26 for the card. A loss, as I'd paid $20 to grade the card.

Had I listed the thing for $50-$60 I'm sure I would've got it. I was getting $40 for a Timothy Weah in PSA9 and he was basically a dud at that point. I thought I'd get $70-$80 for the Weston through auction. $26 was rough.

I'll only run an auction again if it's a seriously desirable card which will have many bidders.

I recently picked up a card on a comc auction for $0.99 which I've been trying to buy for a few years. But because there was only ever one copy for sale on comc the seller was price gauging and wanted $12. The player is rubbish but the card is an SP card. Stoked to get it for $0.99 and I'm now back looking at comc auctions. They mostly go for significantly less than the cheapest BIN card. I'd kinda forgotten about them.

COMC auctions are a different kettle, given the risk of being forced to start at 0.99c with no reserve. Would only do them if it was clear out with little regard for the final price.

I will admit despite using the site for nearly 20 years, I'm no power user, having only sold about 100 items. In fact only trouble I've ever run into was as a buyer, off a guy in Canada; sending an Ovie auto to Russia was a cakewalk by comparison! I often sell to offload, and will set a starting bid at a value I'm happy to let it go for, usually aligned with what the market value is I can gauge at the time.

So everyone's mileage varies and I can appreciate the different perspectives. And I guess I miss when it was more of an auction house than a market place, when it didn't feel so rife with speculative gauging and profiteering on even the most mundane and abundant items. But between the nickel and diming fee creep from ebay, snipers, shill bidders and scammers, it stands to reason its ended up this way.

I’ve been wanting to say this for years;

people whinging about the toploader not being able to be used again and/or arriving in pristine condition!

it is used to protect the flimsy cardboard item you’re sending across the fucking country through 60 pairs of hands, a metal roller sorting system, boxes, trucks and other crushing things are involved in the process! The deal is not for you to get a free toploader to use again - it’s to protect that card enough to get to you safely so I’ll use whatever fucking sticky tape I like! I might even find the stickiest stuff I can find. Then I’ll heat it up in the microwave and glue that shit on so it lasts for eternity!!!!

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons
epoxy resin is your best bet. thank me later.

Being broke :)

I have just agreed to a new job that will be a massive pay cut, which means I am going to have to hibernate the hobby :(

It is going to be hard, and I might need professional help to stop purchasing cards i can't afford to pay. Sad thing is, I literally can't/don't want to sell any of my cards! I love what I buy and just can't go through with letting most of them go.

I have just agreed to a new job that will be a massive pay cut, which means I am going to have to hibernate the hobby :(

It is going to be hard, and I might need professional help to stop purchasing cards i can't afford to pay. Sad thing is, I literally can't/don't want to sell any of my cards! I love what I buy and just can't go through with letting most of them go.
I have a "card" account, so no money no buy simple. Also no hassle from my wife, well apart from too much stuff in our spare/card room. But I'm seeking help
on that.

If your still collecting cards when your eligible for a pension, then your in deep trouble. Just ask me.😥

Back
Top Bottom