Should I worried? (eBay)

Lazlow

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mat
eBay User
blackmetalfan666
So on Sunday I won this auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-12-PANIN...t=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item3ceafc87e0

the seller had been listing it BIN for $1599 for a few weeks, and then eventually listed it as an auction with a 0.99c starting price.

So understandably, I was ecstatic to win that auction for that price.

I received the invoice within a few hours of it ending, with an additional $40 p&h which I was happy enough to pay given my max was double what I won it for. I paid immediately.

Then the next day I get this message:

Do you have a USA address? I did not realize until now that your were in Australia. Canada post can't guarantee a signature confirmation to Australia which presents a problem.

Bit odd, thought any decent postal service - especially at $40US - would have a guaranteed signature delivery. But I figured I'll give them my COMC address, problem solved.

2 days pass before I get a reply... problem apparently not solved.

Is your paypal address confirmed to this address?

I can refund you. We need a payment from a paypal address in the USA

Really?

So I said refund me the money and I'll send it again with the COMC postage details in place.

Bearing in mind I replied within 4 minutes, 24 hours later, I get another reply:

To make it work we must cancel this transaction and send me your PayPal address linked to a US address and I'll send you an invoice for 275$

More delays... just use the address on the original paypal transaction!

I've replied, clarifying if that's $275 Canadian, as its $10 more than what I originally paid.

But I feel I'll get another delay, because technically, that Paypal address is probably "linked" to my Australian residence only. Despite having used the COMC address many times with both US and Canadian sellers.

My main concern is they have seller's remorse because the cards sold for so low, or they got offered more from someone who missed out.

Either way I've never had so much drama with an eBay transaction before. And I'm not letting go because when it comes down to it, they advertised postage to Australia, I was invoiced for it and I paid immediately.

Surely I have the upper hand here.

Agreed.

Id be reluctant to 'cancel the transaction' because then it appears mutual.

I know my comc account comes up in the linked postal address in PayPal when paying by goods, so I can select this at checkout. Is yours the same?

It seems to absolutely be sellers remorse. Stick to your guns. If needed I have family in Canada that might be able to shed some light on the postal requirements.

I recieve a package from Canada once a month that I have to sign for so canada post does offer a signature service.

Tracked packet international from Canada post is $53.94 and includes delivery confirmation. This is for up to 500g and guaranteed in 10 business days.

The same service in 8 days is $71.26 and priority worldwide pak is $99.90

hope this helps.

Damn man I hope it gets sorted cos they are some fine Canuck cards right there :) Unfortunately sounds like sellers remorse to me too.

I contacted Canada Post last night and there is definitely two postage options with signature delivery, but they cost more than what he charged.

So I messaged again last night offering to pay the balance for one of these options to get a quick resolution.

Still no reply.

Can't say I'm not trying.

My other concern if he does send something, it'll be a bunch of decoys! :eek:

Anyway, told him the original transaction stands as that is what I was invoiced and paid for with no delays and that I've tried to accommodate a solution with alternate addresses or additional payment.

Stopped short of saying the error was his and its now his decision on where and how he ships the cards. Keep that in the deck if he keeps stonewalling.

So I hadn't heard back by this morning, and followed up again, reiterating that refunding/cancelling/reversing the transaction wasn't an option.

The response I received today:

I think the easiest way is to refund you. I ran this auction on consignment and the person does not want to ship outside of North America. Please advise and I will refund you. Thanks Karl.

So let me get this straight... they listing international post, they invoiced me international post, now they don't want to ship internationally?

THAT'S OK, SEND IT TO COMC!

Geez five stars for effort by him!!!

I remember when I had to raise funds quickly for something non cards related I was forced to auction one of my Kobe 1/1's. After paying $670 for it, I was bitterly disappointed that it only sold for $270 at auction. Did I wish I hadn't sold it? Yes. Did I wish I started the bid higher? Yes. Did I wish the guy would miraculously not have the funds to pay for it. Absolutely. BUT... once funds were sent, I sent the card, because I knew the risk before putting it up for auction.

I still regret selling that to this day, but I had to. This bloke knew the risks, and he still put it up for auction.

Lets see him worm his way out of sending it to COMC.

Maybe ask him to send you a new goods invoice detailing the card before cancelling the transaction, if you have the funds to cover it.

That way you can pay for the item, knowing you have a contract there, before cancelling the original transaction.

Surely he cannot possibly complain about twice as much money in his account. Then, worse case, you're still covered by paypal for both those payments if the card never arrives. It MUST be 'goods' though.

Maybe tell him you called paypal and they told you to do it this way to cover yourself.

Canada Post are the most useless postal service in the world. It took over 6 months for two Wayne Gretzky figures to arrive. Just be aware you will be waiting a long time.

I NEVER buy anything from Canada now

Back
Top Bottom