The Official 2020 TLA NRL Traders thread.

Hasn’t been much in the way of previews for this release. Beside the Petro legend from his own twitter Account and the street art we don’t really have much to go off beside the sell sheet.

i know i am not excited about this release at all, i have found the whole "hype and promotion" to be dreadful this year and what makes it worse is the company is a a sports management and marketing company,

with social media it would not of been hard at all to post a signing video or a sneak peak at a card design or how about a live unboxing advanced preview of a priority box to tease us with whats in side..

select have done a much better job dropping previews and card designs in the lead up to the AFL release next week to a point i want to go and grab a few packs to see what they look like in hand.. and i don't even collect AFL.

it is something they really need to a lot better.

Last edited:
I personally get a headache remembering whats what and what insert is in what packaging and if its a parallel or not....retail stater, hobby starter, priority boxes, standard boxes. Who thought collecting NRL cards could be this confusing, its like deciphering the divinci code.

For those attending the Penrith Collectormania Show on Sunday, we'll have some exclusive Show Cards at the event.

They'll be handed out for free with purchases while stock lasts.

For anyone that pre-orders Traders products on the day (or attends and has already pre-ordered through DTC) we'll have some other goodies to give away as well. 🎉

2020-Show-Cards-w.jpg

For those attending the Penrith Collectormania Show on Sunday, we'll have some exclusive Show Cards at the event.

They'll be handed out for free with purchases while stock lasts.

For anyone that pre-orders Traders products on the day (or attends and has already pre-ordered through DTC) we'll have some other goodies to give away as well. 🎉

2020-Show-Cards-w.jpg

Can we see a picture of all the teams not just Broncos please?

Will be after a couple of the 2020 Warriors Show Cards if anyone gets any spares. Obviously happy to pay and cover postage too.

Also keen on a couple of roosters show cards if anyone can help

Do you think it’s brought new collectors in or have sales of the products dropped over the years?
I have only been back collecting for a few years, but I’ve seen far more people leave the hobby, than join. Particularly when it comes to chasing higher end cards.

I think one major issue with the sig cards holding value is simply that too many are being produced. Because of this large production and TLA using new players each year for SAS, Young Guns and League Sensations is that they have used most of the popular players, so now they are down to far less known or less popular players - Three players from each team per year signing and some teams barely even have three players you’d class as stars. 2020 Traders SAS is a good example of this where there are three or four big name or sought after sigs and the rest are really just your average NRL player or even less than that - I mean Justin O’Neil, c’mon. I’m not saying repeat the same player signing, but it’s getting a bit ridiculous.

Add to this the terrible quality control of the sigs coming straight out of packs with damaged edges, scratched sigs or cards that have been signed with a pen where the ink is running out - not a good mix for card value. But as people have said on here before, if you collect NRL cards to make money, you’re in the wrong hobby.

I hear what you're saying but surely there's a better example than O'Neill. He's a dual premiership winning Australian and origin player 😉.

Kurt Mann for instance, who's a solid first grader but has never quite found a set position.

I hear what you're saying but surely there's a better example than O'Neill. He's a dual premiership winning Australian and origin player 😉.

Kurt Mann for instance, who's a solid first grader but has never quite found a set position.
Haha I hear ya, but an O’Neill sig at this time in his career is about as valuable as a 2020 Darius Boyd League Sensation.

Last edited:
Do you think it’s brought new collectors in or have sales of the products dropped over the years?
New collectors will always come in but will they stay? From people I know or have had dealings with over the years it seems to me that the serious passionate collectors are becoming less and less due to oversatuation. New collectors will come and go butbthe key is keeping the new ones without losing older ones.
To me TLA don’t think or care about the actual future of the hobby it’s purely a money issue and because sales are there and they sell out their cases they think all is good but how much of that stock just sits unopened for years with dealers?

New collectors will always come in but will they stay? From people I know or have had dealings with over the years it seems to me that the serious passionate collectors are becoming less and less due to oversatuation. New collectors will come and go butbthe key is keeping the new ones without losing older ones.
To me TLA don’t think or care about the actual future of the hobby it’s purely a money issue and because sales are there and they sell out their cases they think all is good but how much of that stock just sits unopened for years with dealers?
Or opened and sold for less then half of what everyone else is asking , hence dropping the arse out for collectors.Which does turn people away whether they will be honest about that is another question.I’ve heard a 1000 times on here that no one collects to make money 😂😂but come on , no one collects to lose 75% of what they have outlayed either .
Just as an example I think you’ll find that no one expects to buy/pull a black L/S #/40 from elite at release time which are going for around $150-$200.
Considering it the big hit of that box that costs $180 to look on eBay and see a dealer flogging them for $100???
Quick maff 😂😂thats the reason majority are bailing .

Last edited:

I think we would all be suprised at how much stock TLA still have left from previous years.

Or opened and sold for less then half of what everyone else is asking , hence dropping the arse out for collectors.Which does turn people away whether they will be honest about that is another question.I’ve heard a 1000 times on here that no one collects to make money 😂😂but come on , no one collects to lose 75% of what they have outlayed either .
Just as an example I think you’ll find that no one expects to buy/pull a black L/S #/40 from elite at release time which are going for around $150-$200.
Considering it the big hit of that box that costs $180 to look on eBay and see a dealer flogging them for $100???
Quick maff 😂😂thats the reason majority are bailing .

I always worked on if i was busting a few boxes id like to get about 75% back to put towards new boxes but dont get anywhere close to that at the moment

Back
Top Bottom