The Official 2020 TLA NRL Traders thread.

Nothing showing on my delivery list for tomorrow, will check again this afternoon.

Edit: starter and album allocation has been showing for a week on the Ovato portal boxes only showed yesterday, if I had to guess I would say we may see albums and starters in newsagents Monday boxes on the 5th.

Thanks for the update!

So are the Legend Signatures in Hobby Box cases only? Hobby starters don't have these correct?

Why would you buy the product now, when within 4-6 weeks it’s worth 50% or more less

There is just too much product made vs too lesser collectors in the market

I think as collectors we are all over it a little and tired of the secrecy the absolute lack of promotion and hype. Hard to get excited about a product when we find out a week or two before release. I didn’t even preorder anything because I didn’t know what was coming.

Why would you buy the product now, when within 4-6 weeks it’s worth 50% or more less

Because part of collecting is the fun of busting boxes/cases/starters. I think most people know they can buy it cheaper on the secondary market but where is the fun in that?

Because part of collecting is the fun of busting boxes/cases/starters. I think most people know they can buy it cheaper on the secondary market but where is the fun in that?
Where is the fun in putting down decent coin and then in a months time your collection being worth not even close to what you paid?

you don’t mind losing a few % but come on it’s a pretty poor game when things like black sigs from last year limited to 40 are not even going for $100 now

Certainly, cannot disagree - TLA cards have a history of not holding value, Cricket in addition to the League.

But I feel that there is a level of cardboard addiction amongst many of us and we will still collect to some degree and get excited about opening packets.

I Really enjoyed getting a letter in the mail from Select with a fully disclosed sell sheet and 4 promo cards a month or so out from the release. Maybe I’m a traditionalist but it got me excited about Cards!

the social Media campaign select have done with AFL has been great as well reveals of weeks out from release banter with collectors even some comps to win product. It makes me want to check their product out and then there is Hardly anything from tla

I guess it’s no different then buying a car - the minute you drive it off the lot it losses value. You still do it and have fun.

Its a hobby -personally I never go into this about funds, most of what I get stays in PC or trade for what I want.

It will be upto the kids to work out what to do with my collection when I am gone.... it’s a joy to look back and when and how I got my Raiders stuff

I suppose it’s the secret around the product, miss information or clouded information. Sell sheets always have errors as do checklists. Can never work out what is happening until it’s in hand or being busted.

still won’t stop me collecting as someone said ‘we are all addicted to the cardboard’.

I suppose we will all be happy if we got sneak peaks the weeks, possibly months leading up to release and if sell sheets and checklists were actually correct.

oh well. Product will be here soon. We will all be busting and we will All get that little thrill of the chase!

Imagine a world where there was only one product in each release instead of starter packs and hobby/ retail etc and was only sold in newsagents at the same price per pack for everyone whether you brought 4 cases or 4 packs ?
What you would have is a more stable market with cards holding value .
Maybe the extra money TLA would make from not discounting product they could re-invest in chasing big name autos and cover the return cost for redemptions. Cause atm the postage is more then some of the redemptions are worth 🤦‍♂️
And as for the secrecy issue with everything , could someone tell them they aren’t Apple or Samsung and no one is waiting in line for 2 days or talking about their product on the tv or radio . In a country where league isn’t even the biggest sport it would probably be in their best interest to flog the marketing campaign as early as possible .
Another idea would be to sell through the jrlfc canteens on a Saturday like they did in the 90s.
There’s a couple of hundred kids at each ground so a huge market to chase and maybe bring new collectors into the future as kids aren’t going into newsagents these days like years ago either .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom