The Official 2020 TLA NRL Traders thread.

Wow.......

So there's Hobby & Retail boxes / Starters packs in both Hobby and Retail and there's a limited Priority release.,

So effectively 5 different releases in the one release to collect a Team Master Set. =D>=D>

Why didn't I think of that, outstanding work by the head of distribution.

Perhaps a bonus Traders Magic Round release accompanied by a Dick Smith release to make a "Secret 7" to make one Traders release.

Ross

Last edited:
Wow.......

So there's Hobby & Retail boxes / Starters packs in both Hobby and Retail and there's a limited Priority release.,

So effectively 5 different releases in the one release to collect a Team Master Set. =D>=D>

Why didn't I think of that, outstanding work by the head of distribution.

Perhaps a bonus Traders Magic Round release accompanied by a d*** Smith release to make a "Secret 7" to make one Traders release.

Ross
Oh I forgot Album and Case Cards

Cameron McInnes has about 14 different cards in this release.

Ross

Initial thoughts on the Checklist - Raiders and the new designs.

Charnze on 4/2, Street art and Magic round. Wish they would mix up the players a bit more here.

2019 Seasons to remember. Did they watch the Raiders play last year at all?

Joey - had a great flick pass
Rapana - his worst season in recent memory
Croker - good choice. Became the all-time club leading try scorer.

Wighton - missed out. Clive Churchill, NSW rep and Aus rep. Beaten by a single flick pass.

Bateman - missed out. Dally M 2nd Rower in his first NRL season. Again beaten by the flick pass (granted is was awesome but it’s one ###### pass)

Highlights
Bateman signature series. Great choice here.
Raiders finally have plenty of Origin/Rep players

Design preferences 2020 Vs 2019
Base: 2019
SOO v Rep: SOO 2019 (by a big margin)
Seasons to remember: 2019 (by a giant margin)
Club Heroes: 2020
Startoons: waste of an insert IMO, 2019
LLOD vs Street Art: Street Art
Signature Series: 2019

Why have a magic round set in 2020 traders (based on 2019 season) when they produced a set that was handed out at magic round (also based on the 2019 season)?

Seems unfathomable.

Can’t wait to hook in then....?
No I'm keen and will be all in on trying to complete it for my PC but the different distributions means if you buy and bust it will be hard or more correctly expensive. There was a time when you could buy a case and all but complete a set. Now you would need a case of each distribution to only complete a near Master set.

But I'm old I know times they are a changing

Cheers
Ross

Here is an idea, for Magic round........do 4-5 cards a team (star players/players in new uniforms) print them like the Panini Prizm White Sparkle Packs (maybe even some really limited versions like Cracked Ice/Refractor/Optic style cards) and sell a limited run of the packs?

I think these would do well being limited in nature?

Similar to the Best and Less cards last year but with better quality players and some different print finishes and have them really limited.

I reckon something like that could work!

Do other card sets/releases get the same level of heat - AFL released a $500 pack last year and that all sold out...

Baseball has 40 different sets up to $25k a case and some sets have massive colour set - basketball is the same, Not all work but people have a blast and from what I read the card industry is in the best shape it’s been in for years?

Is NRL in a bifferent bucket - I am looking forward to the set and chasing not all subsets but a couple and i feel like these sets look great and have more to look for then in the last ten years?

I think a fair build is creating a small release (bigger base smaller inserts) to allow for a master build for those that want it but am excited where it’s going. I would love to see a 300+ base card set that includes a whole team not just the 9 + logo each year.

Anyway just another approach to the thinking
You can’t compare NRL with any that you mentioned. NRL only has a very small collector base especially when it comes to numbered card chasers where as all the American ones have millions of collectors in the States alone let along the millions around the world that also collect. Even AFL would have a bigger reach of collectors then NRL .
I think TLA need to release just because it might work in American cards it’s not going to work in the smaller NRL market. NRL collectors have always been use to being able to get most of not all of their teams cards without having to sell a kidney but that has slowly changed and it could just be a coincidence but since they started doing 1/1’s and making lower and lower numbered cards a lot of collectors started to leave the hobby or at least stop collecting high end stuff due to knowing they could no longer obtain all cards like before.

You can’t compare NRL with any that you mentioned. NRL only has a very small collector base especially when it comes to numbered card chasers where as all the American ones have millions of collectors in the States alone let along the millions around the world that also collect. Even AFL would have a bigger reach of collectors then NRL .
I think TLA need to release just because it might work in American cards it’s not going to work in the smaller NRL market. NRL collectors have always been use to being able to get most of not all of their teams cards without having to sell a kidney but that has slowly changed and it could just be a coincidence but since they started doing 1/1’s and making lower and lower numbered cards a lot of collectors started to leave the hobby or at least stop collecting high end stuff due to knowing they could no longer obtain all cards like before.
Do you think it’s brought new collectors in or have sales of the products dropped over the years?

Back
Top Bottom