The Official 2020 TLA NRL Traders thread.

Does this mean the legend case card is back?

A53BDE34-8CD5-464E-A118-F712DFADF927.jpeg

signature set isn’t showing impression. Love braden Uele auto but the others meh. From what I see insets that ain’t numbered or anything, this could be a meh set, maybe 3/10

Almost 360 inserts to collect..

People wonder why card collecting is dying and values nose dive with any TLA release after a month.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Half of those insert sets are garbage but the 4 colours of startoons are a joke...
Add in the different cards available in hobby , retail and starters and what you have in construction is called a cluster@$&?
Also wondered after the Buderus legends card that maybe they should change the name to really good players instead of Legends . It started well but to put Petero and Danny in a legends class like Johns, Proven etc is silly .

Last edited:
Do other card sets/releases get the same level of heat - AFL released a $500 pack last year and that all sold out...

Baseball has 40 different sets up to $25k a case and some sets have massive colour set - basketball is the same, Not all work but people have a blast and from what I read the card industry is in the best shape it’s been in for years?

Is NRL in a bifferent bucket - I am looking forward to the set and chasing not all subsets but a couple and i feel like these sets look great and have more to look for then in the last ten years?

I think a fair build is creating a small release (bigger base smaller inserts) to allow for a master build for those that want it but am excited where it’s going. I would love to see a 300+ base card set that includes a whole team not just the 9 + logo each year.

Anyway just another approach to the thinking

Add in the different cards available in hobby , retail and starters and what you have in construction is called a cluster@$&?
Also wondered after the Buderus legends card that maybe they should change the name to really good players instead of Legends . It started well but to put Petero and Danny in a legends class like Johns, Proven etc is silly .

Petero and Danny are both in the Hall of Fame, so it's fair to call them legends

Agreed
I think the fact TLA started the legend set in 2013 with 2 Immortals has made expectations quite high.
I’d like to see an induction class sig in the elite release each time they add players to the hall of fame (so 4 more in 2020 Elite)....but then perhaps not reuse those players for the legends sigs and focus on the original Top 100 while they can.

Does this mean the legend case card is back?

A53BDE34-8CD5-464E-A118-F712DFADF927.jpeg

A perfect example of how TLA damage their product. Legend Case Cards every year, stop in 2019, why?

I can handle the change up from 13 where they had the logo case cards also and even the fact that the first few years weren’t numbered. The booklet in 2018 was a novel concept but not repeated.

As previously stated, TLA are producing some wonderful cards but really hurt themselves with inconsistencies.

Do other card sets/releases get the same level of heat - AFL released a $500 pack last year and that all sold out...

Baseball has 40 different sets up to $25k a case and some sets have massive colour set - basketball is the same, Not all work but people have a blast and from what I read the card industry is in the best shape it’s been in for years?

Is NRL in a bifferent bucket - I am looking forward to the set and chasing not all subsets but a couple and i feel like these sets look great and have more to look for then in the last ten years?

I think a fair build is creating a small release (bigger base smaller inserts) to allow for a master build for those that want it but am excited where it’s going. I would love to see a 300+ base card set that includes a whole team not just the 9 + logo each year.

Anyway just another approach to the thinking

NRL collectors are brutal...and opinionated. Not a bad thing, as long as some objectivity is included!

The AFL forum is much the same at times.

Can’t really compare Australian sports cards to the US market but I take your point.

The set is huge, looks to be a couple of nice change ups but also a few things looking a bit tired.

Back
Top Bottom