The Official 2017 TLA Elite NRL Thread (Sell Sheet Page 10, 1/1 Preview Page 17)

I'll take a stab at it..... 1120 MoJo Sets in the release and around 6500 Boxes. So while it's unfortunate you haven't hit one yet, they're around 1:6 Boxes across the release so 2 Boxes busted is probably a little early to be surprised.

Likewise, 960 MoJo Sets last year, 6300 Boxes.

New Zealand also has a dealer that purchases from the same dealer stock as everyone else.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that newsagent stock doesn't have 1/1 or emeralds or is this just a rumour.

Heya diggaz.

Thanks for weighing in - I always appreciate the opinion of respected forum members.

With respect sir - I feel you have missed the point.

I've purchased 5 boxes of last year's elite and nothing except young guns. I've purchased 2 boxes of this year's product so far - and only 1 young gun. I'm not suprised at all that I haven't yet busted a MOJO - but I kinda hoped that across 7 boxes total I could bust a jersey card...or at the very least a couple of league sensations.

Just to be clear on my earlier post - it was not a Crack at my dealer. The guy is a really top bloke and I wasn't insinuating he has farmed product snd given me duds - he wouldn't do that. I just get really frustrated when I search online and see MOJO after MOJO after MOJO after MOJO and now 2 of the 1 of 1 are busted by possibly the same person for sale on ebay and u have to wonder.

It also has a secondary effect - 1 that effects everyone. Here goes: I purchase 7 boxes of elite. That's over $1000NZD. I Crack 5 young guns. None of them panthers (my team) or players I collect. So I have all the commons. All the golds from 16 and all the commons from 17. At this rate I have no show of collecting all the young guns or the league sensations or anything else other than the very basic inserts. That leaves me with a decision. Keep everything for the sake of it or move it to make some of my $1000 back. So that will lead me to dumping those cards online for drastically less than what they are worth thus bringing down the secondary market. I've seen several posts on this thread already with people bemoaning the low price of sum of ESP's sigs online...and while I initially agreed with those posts I now find myself siding with those people that seem to be dumping the product cheap on the secondary market

Always buy dealer cases or boxes. Always

Over here in NZ it's hard. There are not really any retail places to purchase cases and boxes from. The odd dairy stocks traders - but none of them stock elite. In fact in all of Auckland I can only find 1 supplier for elite. And he's an awesome guy - I have no issue buying from him. You can buy elite from the card vending machines too but they come from the same guy...so it really leaves me with no choice. I've bought 3 boxes of elites from him for 3 ygs total. The rest are all boxes my sister has bought over from qld but I don't know where specifically.

There was a sapphire and ruby in every case of 2016 Elite that I busted or heard of being busted from the NZ distributor last year. Looks like a Storm emerald #001 was busted from the same distributor this year.
That's good to know.. so far I've only seen 1 sapphire MOJO in the flesh which was for the eels.

Next year I'll invest in a case or too as soon as it's released.. hardly any point buying a case of this year's now considering how many of the high end inserts have already been busted.. it's barely worth the cost.

Next year will b different

Over here in NZ it's hard. There are not really any retail places to purchase cases and boxes from. The odd dairy stocks traders - but none of them stock elite. In fact in all of Auckland I can only find 1 supplier for elite. And he's an awesome guy - I have no issue buying from him. You can buy elite from the card vending machines too but they come from the same guy...so it really leaves me with no choice. I've bought 3 boxes of elites from him for 3 ygs total. The rest are all boxes my sister has bought over from qld but I don't know where specifically.
Yeah I hear you there too. There are dealers here who will freight you boxes which doesnt scratch the itch straight away but is def worth the wait. One in particular has just sorted out quite good freight costs to NZ on boxes. Im in a similar situation where I am, admittedly all the newsagents have them but as I said, I will only buy from dealers going forward. Its worth the freight cost and wait in my opinion

Heya diggaz.

Thanks for weighing in - I always appreciate the opinion of respected forum members.

With respect sir - I feel you have missed the point.

I've purchased 5 boxes of last year's elite and nothing except young guns. I've purchased 2 boxes of this year's product so far - and only 1 young gun. I'm not suprised at all that I haven't yet busted a MOJO - but I kinda hoped that across 7 boxes total I could bust a jersey card...or at the very least a couple of league sensations.

Just to be clear on my earlier post - it was not a Crack at my dealer. The guy is a really top bloke and I wasn't insinuating he has farmed product snd given me duds - he wouldn't do that. I just get really frustrated when I search online and see MOJO after MOJO after MOJO after MOJO and now 2 of the 1 of 1 are busted by possibly the same person for sale on ebay and u have to wonder.

It also has a secondary effect - 1 that effects everyone. Here goes: I purchase 7 boxes of elite. That's over $1000NZD. I Crack 5 young guns. None of them panthers (my team) or players I collect. So I have all the commons. All the golds from 16 and all the commons from 17. At this rate I have no show of collecting all the young guns or the league sensations or anything else other than the very basic inserts. That leaves me with a decision. Keep everything for the sake of it or move it to make some of my $1000 back. So that will lead me to dumping those cards online for drastically less than what they are worth thus bringing down the secondary market. I've seen several posts on this thread already with people bemoaning the low price of sum of ESP's sigs online...and while I initially agreed with those posts I now find myself siding with those people that seem to be dumping the product cheap on the secondary market

So much is being dumped on the market because of the increasing cost each year ESP has forced most into being team collectors Hence the reason why so much is dumped on secondary market as most sell off Hits from boxes and Breaks if they don't hit there team,They sell off cheap to subsidize buying there own team.

IMO Dealers cases are not stacked its just the large amount of cases they get especially the eBay seller mentioned They have to hit a certain amount of #1 cards And Emeralds,sapphires,Rubys

That's good to know.. so far I've only seen 1 sapphire MOJO in the flesh which was for the eels.

Next year I'll invest in a case or too as soon as it's released.. hardly any point buying a case of this year's now considering how many of the high end inserts have already been busted.. it's barely worth the cost.

Next year will b different

As I believe, the NZ distributor is meant to get the cases in time for the official release date, but none of the dealers did this because of a stuff up that gave newsagents theirs first. Last year I was busting from a couple of NZ cases at the same time as those in Sydney, which meant resale losses were minimised. I believe he also does free shipping on cases. You are going to lose big on a case bust 95% of the time though.

Can anyone figure out where on the jersey this patch would have come from? I can't think where on the 2016 finals jersey it could come from

IMG_2559.PNG

Was hoping some collectors of this set may be able to help me out. I need some scanned images not photographs of the following backs of cards.

Common card
Silver Special
Elite Impact
2017 Captains
Crystal Collection / Crystal Collection case cards
Box Card All-Stars
Dally M Album Card

Need to be at least 300 x 450 approx pixels larger the better.

This is the back of these cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Post them here or send me a message with the images. I will check any off that I am able to find or are sent through.

Thanks in advance

Some exciting news re my website coming very soon, keep an eye out in the websites section of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom