The Official 2017 TLA Elite NRL Thread (Sell Sheet Page 10, 1/1 Preview Page 17)

It was confirmed that there are no box cards in newsagency boxes. It was also confirmed that there are 450 of each of the 10 players in box cards, which means about 75% of stock has gone just to the dealers.
Was a rookies mistake lol :whistle: everyone here has been more then help thought, in which I greatly appreciate

450 allocated dealer cases hence 450 of each box card and 450 case cards.

180 to newsagents

Again I will reiterate I have no dramas with dealers getting loaded cases, much rather my $$ support their small businesses. The issue is the releases should be hobby & retail with the latter being cheaper.

I know that some collectors can't afford a box at one time and prefer to buy a few packets as $$ allow. My suggestion would be to chat to your local dealer and pay off a box or 2. In my experience they are all great to deal with and will help where they can.

IMG_2258.JPG
Just got my Paulo patch back. No green in the patch. Part of the DHA sleeve sponsor

Definitely not trying to run down the seller at all.......I hope they get as much as they possibly can for the card, but I personally in my opinion just don't see the current value of the Ribbon Cards at their current prices...even being 1 in 25 cases.

Cheers
Matt

I bought 3 cases & got 3 of them one in each case....

Definitely not trying to run down the seller at all.......I hope they get as much as they possibly can for the card, but I personally in my opinion just don't see the current value of the Ribbon Cards at their current prices...even being 1 in 25 cases.

Cheers
Matt
I bought 3 cases & got 3 of them one in each case....

Well you got luck then ..Plenty of people didn`t get any in there cases ...By the way not 1 in 25 cases , 1 in 25 boxes as I said earlier ........

Cheers
Matt

Well you got luck then ..Plenty of people didn`t get any in there cases ...By the way not 1 in 25 cases , 1 in 25 boxes as I said earlier ........
Are the packets they are in thicker being it's a patch card? Or is there a couple less commons in that packet? Thought a patch would make the pack fatter

Love the optimism, now I can't speak on behalf of him getting so many low numbers, however I can speak first hand about mojo's. We went in to buy 3 cases of last years product, long story short, he had a list (I can only assume provided by ESP) and then pointed out that the following cases had Sapphire mojo's in them. I believe Sapphires were every other case, if not more? So, for him to pick 3 cases out of 15 and to be correct, he's either psychic or that list is spot on! People involved in the case share were happy with the Sapphire's, however, ethically it just didn't seem right that a purchaser has a list of what is inside the cases on hand. It left me wondering how many other purchasers know what are in their cases.

Not as much outrage as I would have thought following this statement.

Do you think because he has bought and busted so many cases that it is possible he has simply worked out the pattern of the way cases have been put together or it was a list from ESP / TLA?

Ross

Last edited:
Ross, I would be really surprised if this was the case, so mere skepticism and a lack of evidence = nothing to outrage over. Last years Sapphires (320 sets) were basically packed into the first 320 cases so to magically pick out 3 cases with Sapphires in them and tell you this...well he's just messing with you.

With regard to patterns, yes there are patterns in how TLA pack their cases. However, I was led to believe this year TLA spread case numbers out amongst buyers so they didn't get sequentially numbered cases. However Im not sure how true this is as I got cases 244-245-246 from the NZ distributor.

Ross, I would be really surprised if this was the case, so mere skepticism and a lack of evidence = nothing to outrage over. Last years Sapphires (320 sets) were basically packed into the first 320 cases so to magically pick out 3 cases with Sapphires in them and tell you this...well he's just messing with you.
With regard to patterns, yes there are patterns in how TLA pack their cases. However, I was led to believe this year TLA spread case numbers out amongst buyers so they didn't get sequentially numbered cases. However Im not sure how true this is as I got cases 244-245-246 from the NZ distributor.
I lean this way in my thinking as well as opposed to a conspiracy theory, if your right and TLA have mixed it up by not sending sequential cases this is certainly a positive step as well.

I agree with Brendan's idea of Retail and Hobby packs as well as a fairer indication of the ratios.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom