The Official 2017 TLA Elite NRL Thread (Sell Sheet Page 10, 1/1 Preview Page 17)

What's everyone's thoughts on having 3 different mojo sets and one of them being numbered to only 10?
My thoughts are that's overkill on mojo sets and having anything limited to only 10 is going to disappoint a lot of collectors and if rumours are true that next year they will have a mojo set limited to only 5 I think that will make some collectors give up altogether.
Thoughts?
If most don't like the ideas of that is it worth us contacting ESP to let them know?

I've already given up as a Master Set collector. Seems like even trying to be a team set collector is now out of reach, all within the space of 12 months!

Great looking release though.

What's everyone's thoughts on having 3 different mojo sets and one of them being numbered to only 10?
My thoughts are that's overkill on mojo sets and having anything limited to only 10 is going to disappoint a lot of collectors and if rumours are true that next year they will have a mojo set limited to only 5 I think that will make some collectors give up altogether.
Thoughts?
If most don't like the ideas of that is it worth us contacting ESP to let them know?

I personally dont like the mojos, even just being a team collector is out of reach now money wise. Didnt get them in elite2016 so doubt ill be lucky enough in this release

Luke Lewis has been mentioned as a possibility

I like Luke Lewis a lot but again if this is correct this just tilts the number of Sharks card the wrong way, there needs to be more balance. The Sharks already have a Road to Finals / Double Patch / Futura 1of 1 all of which is good as it remains consistent with previous years but then add a Crystal Collection.......

I just don't get why they would have a lower end subset (1 in 8 packs) and limit it to 1 or 2 players only. So effectively they have done away with the 2 player per team subset from previous years like:
  • Master / Apprentice
  • Run / Gun
  • Club Champion
And replaced them with more Thurstons...........if he also gets an All Star card that will do me!!!!

Seems misguided in my opinion.

Cheers
Ross

PS I'm liking the look still in general but think I would have liked to see the Young Guns and League Sensation appear more alike, perhaps do away with the border all the way around the LS.

Last edited:
I like Luke Lewis a lot but again if this is correct this just tilts the number of Sharks card the wrong way, there needs to be more balance. The Sharks already have a Road to Finals / Double Patch / Futura 1of 1 all of which is good as it remains consistent with previous years but then add a Crystal Collection.......

I just don't get why they would have a lower end subset (1 in 8 packs) and limit it to 1 or 2 players only. So effectively they have done away with the 2 player per team subset from previous years like:
  • Master / Apprentice
  • Run / Gun
  • Club Champion
And replaced them with more Thurstons...........if he also gets an All Start card that will do me!!!!

Seems misguided in my opinion.

Cheers
Ross

PS I'm liking the look still in general but think I would have liked to see the Young Guns and League Sensation appear more alike, perhaps do away with the border all the way around the LS.

From what I can see as an ip collector, if you take out the three mojo sets, there will be only 25 Dragons cards in this set for me to collect.

10 common
10 silver parallel
4 Elite Impact
1 Captain

Even if you add in the two signature cards, it does not seem to be much for team collectors to chase.

On the other hand you will have a bucketload to get if you are a Cowboys or sharks supporter. Team breaks will be way out....

From what I can see as an ip collector, if you take out the three mojo sets, there will be only 25 Dragons cards in this set for me to collect.

10 common
10 silver parallel
4 Elite Impact
1 Captain

Even if you add in the two signature cards, it does not seem to be much for team collectors to chase.

On the other hand you will have a bucketload to get if you are a Cowboys or sharks supporter. Team breaks will be way out....

This is one of the things that the big resellers will have to get their heads around.

While its not widely known, one local manufacturer keeps in mind group breakers when building products to help ensure that inserts wherever possible were split evenly between all teams.

In this instance, it seems like the group breakers will need to be creative to make it work.

For team specific breaks wont be much of an issue, but for random team breaks, the return on certain teams will likley be much lower than others based on the product make up.

Why do they continuously use the all stars for insert sets?

With the Mojo's / excess parallels, they have effectively turned nearly all collectors from master set to team only collectors, so these All Star cards that they seem to put in each year now do not really fit into that category. Would much rather another set with team cards to chase......

Are the box card All Stars numbered to /100 as well? The box cards last year were limited to 2000 each unnumbered and there was 6,300 boxes so obviously there will be boxes without them but if the box cards are numbered as well it'd be nice but then there's only 1000 box cards over 6,300 boxes.

Thoughts?
I have to say Mojo/parallel sets have no appeal to me whatsoever. Simply making them scarcer doesn't make them more desirable to collect, they have to have something special to justify my interest and dollars. I am now concentrating on older high end cards (specifically autograph cards) and basically only collecting commons and lower end Dragons/Storm cards from the new series. Just my opinion!

Are the box card All Stars numbered to /100 as well? The box cards last year were limited to 2000 each unnumbered and there was 6,300 boxes so obviously there will be boxes without them but if the box cards are numbered as well it'd be nice but then there's only 1000 box cards over 6,300 boxes.

Box Cards go into Dealer Boxes only so the Box Cards will be limited to around 450 of each instead of 2000 of each last year.

With the Mojo's / excess parallels, they have effectively turned nearly all collectors from master set to team only collectors, so these All Star cards that they seem to put in each year now do not really fit into that category. Would much rather another set with team cards to chase......

I would rather see a third/fourth set that concentrate on the rep games (like limited or the SOO champions sets but not as limited or expensive)

Full team sets from all stars city/country SOO, test teams (depending on what games are played)

But don't have just a team set of 9 or 12 have every player that represented in that calendar year, even a coach card, then you can have an insert series of "Victors" Man of the match/series throw in an autograph from each rep team

Something different

Agreed wholeheartedly, or they need to have the players NRL club logo prominent on the card. I'm hoping we get a Vaughan and or a Thompson card in the All Stars set or it is thin pickings for us this year.

Why drop the 2 player per team subset from previous years like:
  • Fast and Furious
  • Master / Apprentice
  • Run / Gun
  • Club Champion
I still think single mojo's cards should be seeded in packs it would make them harder to collect and spread the value throughout the release.

Ross

I still think single mojo's cards should be seeded in packs it would make them harder to collect and spread the value throughout the release.

Ross

Agreed...... this would add longevity to the release in terms of sales and collect-ability.

Agreed...... this would add longevity to the release in terms of sales and collect-ability.
But would increase player hoarding if it was to go down that avenue, having to buy the full set is much better as it would annoy the crap out of me if I couldn't complete my team set as someone has taken all the one card

Your 2017 NRL Elite Sales Flyer:

TLAWW13010_NRL2017Elite_Flyer_FA_Email_Unlocked-1.jpg
TLAWW13010_NRL2017Elite_Flyer_FA_Email_Unlocked-2.jpg

I like the idea that you can zip around 3 sizes of the folders

What we know so far:

Young Guns Signatures
YG2 - Luke Bateman
YG3 - Brenko Lee
YG4 - Jayden Brailey
YG7 - Josh Addo-Carr

League Sensations Signatures:
LS3 - Brett Morris
LS14 - Boyd Cordner
LS15 - Manu Vatuvei

Anyone else know of any others that have been confirmed?

Back
Top Bottom