The first ever Rugby League game you attended.

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

Thought it would be cool to find out from everyone what was the first ever game of Rugby League you attended as a spectator?

I found the team sheet from the first ever game I went to on the net this morning by accident.

10996056_1565121020410064_7840160872544323565_n.jpg

It was 1989, it was at Parramatta Stadium and it was the Panasonic Cup Grand Final between Brisbane and the Illawarra Steelers.

We had scored free tickets and from what I can remember it was a pretty good game.

There were some pretty great players on the field that night as well.

What was the first ever game you attended?

Cheers
Matt

Good thread Matt

92, Seagulls v Sharks on the GC, I was about 9 & my sister took me on school holidays from Toowoomba. Highlight was running onto the field after the match with my cards trying to get ETs sig and other. Unfortunately I got no sigs that day. Finally got ET in 99, Cowboys v Sharks in Townsville.

Wynnum Manly v Redcliffe Dolphins, maybe 1987 at Kougari Oval.

Lewis, Miles, Colin Scott all playing.

The first NRL game I can recall (NSWRL back then) was Round 2 1988 Brisbane v Penrith at Lang Park (I was seven). I think Brisbane won a cracker of a game 20-18

I was 5 or 6. Dragons vs Souths at Kograh oval in 85'. In a newspaper the day before i saw a score line of another game Souths 18 dragons 16. So I went to the game thinking I knew the final score and that the bunnies will win.
Stgeorge won 42-18. I couldn't understand it. I was devastated!

Last edited:
For me it was at Kogarah with my uncle and cousin but I've got no idea who played or what the score was all I can remember was having a Golden Gaytime, would've been early to mid seventies.

Remember mine well. 17th May 1981, Lidcombe Oval. My father took my brother and I down on the train from Newcastle to see the Magpies take on the Eels. My father is an avid Eels supporter. Unfortunately the Maggies got up that day 13-7.

Bears V Magpies 1991 at Campbelltown, I was stoked to watch Phil Blake play. Mario was also playing, as you can tell I have always been a Bunnies fan. Fun days at St. Gregs.

Maybe Manfred Moore who played a few games with the Jets in the seventies., after a successful NFL career. I remember Ron Casey always called him Manfred Mann!!

Your Right Manfred Moore HaHa oh the memories.
I was a little kid in Awe of this huge guy even patted me on the head after i ran on field and got the corner post.

Back
Top Bottom