The Cam Smith PC

Shame.

I don't get this on so many levels.

Firstly how has he got the pay packet he has? It's because of the fans spending their hard earned on Rugby League, he is not entitled, he is a beneficiary and should realise this. Didn't the RLPA want to share in the games revenue which must mean in return you promote the game.

At a members only event surely you could sign one card per person. If someone stick multiples under your nose just do what Gypsie does and make the signature so ordinary you couldn't sell it anyway.

Finally, in reality so what if a fan sells a card it's not like it comes out of his pocket.

Ross

Is it a QLDer thing?
  • Lote
  • Meninga
  • Chambers
I will now change my name and address and go into a NSW persons protection plan.

Cheers
Ross

Is it a QLDer thing?
  • Lote
  • Meninga
  • Chambers
I will now change my name and address and go into a NSW persons protection plan.

Cheers
Ross
Not sure ? But I know that the club my boy plays for has lost 15 teams from 6s to A-grade in the past 5 years . The NRL might want to work out why real soon before they lose more. If the players want more money from the game in a country the size of Australia , they might want to start contributing a bit more to their fans . I know some are great ,but people remember the bad ones.

Not sure ? But I know that the club my boy plays for has lost 15 teams from 6s to A-grade in the past 5 years . The NRL might want to work out why real soon before they lose more. If the players want more money from the game in a country the size of Australia , they might want to start contributing a bit more to their fans . I know some are great ,but people remember the bad ones.
Joel. just on that, there have been a lot of clubs go by the wayside over the years, I grew up in the newcastle, in lake macquarie, my club closed down over 30 years ago and a lot of them are close to being non existent or do exist anymore, I remember the club applying to newcastle rugby league for grants to put seating in etc, it was a flat out no, because the N.S.W. RUGBY LEAGUE was giving any grants at those times, the only way you get grants is if youré up somebodys ring stinger or you can bribe somebody.
This has not changed dramatically since it became the NRL.

Is it a QLDer thing?
  • Lote
  • Meninga
  • Chambers

Cheers
Ross[/QUOTE]

Frank Paul Nuasala did it to last year he was playing. Flatly refused all cards

Joel. just on that, there have been a lot of clubs go by the wayside over the years, I grew up in the newcastle, in lake macquarie, my club closed down over 30 years ago and a lot of them are close to being non existent or do exist anymore, I remember the club applying to newcastle rugby league for grants to put seating in etc, it was a flat out no, because the N.S.W. RUGBY LEAGUE was giving any grants at those times, the only way you get grants is if youré up somebodys ring stinger or you can bribe somebody.
This has not changed dramatically since it became the NRL.
The sad part is he plays in the Canterbury Comp with most teams "supposed" to have the backing of big Rsl and sports clubs . They are happy to take some of the highest pokie profits in Australia but contribute minimal to the clubs . Either that or it's not filtering through to the right places?

Really nice collection.

What's Chambers problem with signing cards for fans?

Ross
Went to Storm fan day last year and he initially refused to sign a card, I then asked him to sign a Storm Album, which he did with no hesitation.
When he saw that the album was full of Storm cards only, he almost apologetically signed the card and was much more receptive.
So the impression I got was that he had no problems in signing for fans but not for people trying to profit from his sig.

dragonforever with an album full of storm sigs..........

I love the contradiction.

Thanks for clarifying I now think 5% better of him.

Cheers
Ross

Cheers
Ross
No contradiction just practicality. Living in Melbourne I'm not going to see many Dragons games live or able to get I.P's. My heart will always be beating red and white but I have really enjoyed (and appreciated) the way the Storm play. The highlight of the season will be on Thursday 5 July!

I've noted this one in my diary as I often travel down for work so looking to co-ordinate a "work trip"

Cheers
Ross
Ross, after 1999 I thought you would have hated the storm forever, and especially after the massive cheating they managed to acheive for so long.
I know I'll barrack for ever that is playing the storm, even the pom's tonight.

Next Instalment
B254CB49-3752-4F75-A198-D7254AE3FC6C.jpeg
C5A77CEE-814E-4C74-AD1A-4518F779842E.jpeg

The gold Xtreme parallel is still in the mail..

Back
Top Bottom