Team of the year

mattbowen

Cowboys Collector
Real Name
Kurt
eBay User
debbi7977
Who do you think should be in the team of the year?

Heres mine: :D
1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Brett Morris
3 Michael Jennings
4 Josh Morris
5 Taniela Tuiaki
6 Jamie Soward
7 Johnathan Thurston (c)
8 Michael Weyman
9 Robbie Farah
10 Ben Hannant
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Ben Creagh
13 David Stagg

14 John Sutton
15 Shane Tronc
16 Justin Poore
17 Dallas Johnson

My Team-
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Taniela Tuiaki
3.Simon Mannering
4.Will Chambers
5.Sam Perrett
6.John Sutton
7.Jamie Soward
8.Shane Tronc
9.Robbie Farah
10.Luke Douglas
11.Nathan Hindmarsh(c)
12.Bronson Harrison
13.Corey Parker
14.David Stagg
15.Anthony Laffranchi
16.Zeb Taia
17.Craig Fitzgibbon

My Team-
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Taniela Tuiaki
3.Simon Mannering
4.Will Chambers
5.Sam Perrett
6.John Sutton
7.Jamie Soward
8.Shane Tronc
9.Robbie Farah
10.Luke Douglas
11.Nathan Hindmarsh(c)
12.Bronson Harrison
13.Corey Parker
14.David Stagg
15.Anthony Laffranchi
16.Zeb Taia
17.Craig Fitzgibbon

Wheres Thurston? Soward is a Five-Eighth. Also, I havent really seen Fitzgibbon or Laffranchi do anything good.

Where Creagh?

heres mine

1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris
4 Greg Inglis
5 Bryson Goodwin/Taniela Tuiaki (carnt decide)
6 Jamie Soward
7 Scott Prince
8 Justin Poore
9 Robbie Farah
10 Fui Fui ? (couldnt think of anyone else at the moment)
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Ben Creagh
13 Alan Tounge

14 Kirt Gidley
15 Anthony Watmough
16 Michael Weyman
17 Anthony Tupou

Here is what I have come up with. A few people might scratch their heads at the selection of Friendy, but he is solid week in and week out.

1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Brett Morris
3 Josh Morris
4 Mat Rogers
5 Bryson Goodwin
6 Jamie Soward
7 Scott Prince
8 Shane Tronc
9 Robbie Farah
10 Michael Weyman
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Bronson Harrison
13 David Stagg

14 Nathan Friend
15 Ben Creagh
16 Nathan Hindmarsh
17 Paul Gallen

1 Jarred Hayne (Eels)
2 Brett Morris (Dragons)
3 Michael Jennings (Panthers)
4 Greg Inglis (Storm)
5 Manu vatuvei (Warriors) he would be one of the top try scorers if he got more ball and less injuries, him or Taniela Tuiaki (Tigers) him and vatuvei on the wings for the kiwis would have been awesome.
6 Benji Marshall (Tigers)
7 Jamie Soward (Dragons)
8 Ben Hannant (Bulldogs)
9 Nathan Friend (Titans)
10 Dave Taylor (Broncos)
11 Nathan Hindmarsh (Eels)
12 Ben Creagh (Dragons)
13 Michael Luck (Warriors) tackled his ar$e of this year

14 Josh Morris (Bulldogs)
15 Greg Eastwood (Buldogs)
16 R Fa'oso (Knights)
17 K Snowden (Sharks) shining light in a shocker season for cronulla

Titans will win because their team is solid across the board, no exact superstars.:cool:

Who do you think should be in the team of the year?

Heres mine: :D
1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Brett Morris
3 Michael Jennings
4 Josh Morris
5 Taniela Tuiaki

6 Jamie Soward
7 Johnathan Thurston (c)

8 Michael Weyman
9 Robbie Farah
10 Ben Hannant
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Ben Creagh
13 David Stagg

14 John Sutton
15 Shane Tronc
16 Justin Poore
17 Dallas Johnson

I got most of the Team of the Year!!!

Only missed Micahel Ennis

Well Ennis is a grub so you can be forgiven for that.

It seems they don't actually vote for the best individual players in each position and instead let the performance of the team dictate who gets into the team (Except Thurston who gets a free ride no matter how crap the Cowboys go)

All I know is the Knights never get any players in ... even when they were one of the best teams in the early 2000s they didn't get many players in.

Agreed on Thurston, I'd have given Kimmorley the halfback award for sure. Cowboys had a bad year, surely some of that has to come down to their best player under-performing?

Dally M awards are useless, the way they are voted is a stupid system, and the people who vote for them don't have much idea. Some of the nominations last night were terrible - El Masri nominated for winger of the year?!?!

I can't believe that after Zeb Taia's season he wasn't even nominated for second row, but Trent Waterhouse was?!?!

There is something seriously wrong with the Cowboys but i dont know what it is. How can the line up they have not be cemented in the Top 4 year after year. Thurston as great as he is sometimes puts his personal performance ahead of whats best for the team. I honestly believe he is one of the most overrated players of all time.
Joey in his prime would have led any team he was on into the Top 8.

yer, ok.... as you are a Cowboys supporter your opinion screams bias....especially because there is no way that Thurston was the best halfback in the game this year.

Agreed, Thurston should not have been half back of the year. Like Justin said, a guy like Johns would lead that roster to the finals every year.

My opinion may also scream bias but Kimmorley was the dominant halfback this year

I forgot about Marshall. He was better than Kimmorley IMO. I dont actally think Kimmorley was that good. Look at his stats compared to JT and Marshall. Not as good.

I think it still should be JT, but closly followed by Benji.

Also, Soward was five-eighth of the year by a mile!

Hmmm thats a real tough one. Kimmorley- Led last years Wooden Spooners to what shouldve been a Minor Premiership. On the otherhand Thurston and Marshall cant even guide good rosters to the finals. Marshalls move to half back was a complete flop and Soward was undisputed five eighth of the year.
Crowd Favourites do not necessarily equal class. Kimmorley was by far the stand out half back this year and without him the Dogs wouldve struggled to make the 8.
No frills half backs win premierships, razzle dazzle halves gives your team a longer off-season.

Hmmm thats a real tough one. Kimmorley- Led last years Wooden Spooners to what shouldve been a Minor Premiership. On the otherhand Thurston and Marshall cant even guide good rosters to the finals. Marshalls move to half back was a complete flop and Soward was undisputed five eighth of the year.
Crowd Favourites do not necessarily equal class. Kimmorley was by far the stand out half back this year and without him the Dogs wouldve struggled to make the 8.
No frills half backs win premierships, razzle dazzle halves gives your team a longer off-season.

I agree with a few of the others here and would have to pick Kimmorley for half back of the year.

In my opinion JT should have run about 5th or 6th for half back of the year I appreciate he was restricted early on by being forced to play one side of the field but then as Foldee suggests when given the freedom he wanted guided the Cowboys to 12th..... hardly worthy of high praise.

If I was putting together a premiership winning side I would also want Hornby Prince, Orford and Cronk before JT, all offer greater consistency to build a team around.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom