Star Wars Masterwork Case Break

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Big day today, after much waiting and lots of hype, my case was ready for breaking. Turned out not to be a terrible case, but I don't think it was a great one either. Really saved by a couple of quality sketches. I think I'll likely end up selling off a lot of it and only keeping a few items for the PC, so if anyone's interested in anything, just ask...

Box 1 Hits

Probably the sketch of the case - Queen Amadala by Melike Acar and and a pretty nice Maul by Kaela Croft.

SWMW-1a (Large).jpg

Box 1 Inserts etc

SWMW-1b (Large).jpg

Box 2 Hits -

3 Sketch box with no relic - Another great sketch - one of older Anakin, this time by Denae Frazier and a gold version to boot. The Empire duel by Dan Gorman and a cute Jawa by Davide Fabbri

SWMW-2a (Large).jpg

Box 2 Inserts etc

SWMW-2b (Large).jpg

Box 3 Hits -

Jar Jar by Jeff Zapata... So far the Auto's have been a bit ordinary, especially for an Original Trilogy fan like me. Nor even sure why Clone Wars characters are in this set ??? Nice Leia badge.

SWMW-3a (Large).jpg

Box 3 Inserts etc..

SWMW-3b (Large).jpg

Box 4 Hits -

My silver /28 framed auto, could really have been better. Nice low count Bunker relic, Qui-Gon sketch is by Steve Oatney.

SWMW-4a (Large).jpg

Box 4 Inserts etc..

SWMW-4b (Large).jpg

Box 5 Hits -

John Morton as Boba fett ?? I don't think so...that was Jeremy Bulloch to me! Okay so he was Boba on Bespin and he was Dak on Hoth I suppose. But it does seem like they're reaching a bit....

Nice Slave Leia by John Haun and an Imperial Officer (AT-AT?) by David something looks like Rall something on the sig.

SWMW-5a (Large).jpg

Box 5 Inserts etc..

SWMW-5b (Large).jpg

Box 6 Hits -

Here's my Case auto. I suppose if you can't get the big 3, you can't go wrong with Artoo, especially when you consider he's the true hero of the Star Wars trilogy. Darth Maul by Sarah Wilkison. Nice stamp card of Threepio.

SWMW-6a (Large).jpg

Box 6 inserts etc

SWMW-6b (Large).jpg

Box 7 Hits.

Happy to pull a Tim Rose, at least it's another original trilogy auto ! That Yaddle puppet looks a bit sick... Young Anakin is by Alex Buechel interesting style on this one.

SWMW-7a (Large).jpg

Box 7 Inserts...

SWMW-7b (Large).jpg

Box 8 Hits -

Poor old Rancor keeper auto...and another maul sketch, this time by someone with the intilas K H it seems. And 2 bunker relics this time...

SWMW-8a (Large).jpg

Box 8 Inserts etc

SWMW-8b (Large).jpg

So there you have it... A little disappointing in that there were no special auto's or sketches (wood etc) and the auto's were a bit ordinary, but sketches were for the most part quite good. You win some, you lose some and I'm sure it could have been worse !

Thanks for looking !

Not to bad at all, shame you didn't hit anything big should be able to get a few dollars back in sales tho Ackbar and R2 are pretty good autos tho

Thanks for posting Trev. I am a completest when it comes to collecting so this set was a no go for me... but love the cards either way... the rancor keeper auto is definitely a fav.

Trevor - I hope you enjoyed the break...some nice cards, but a big 3 would have been nice

I resisted the temptation of getting a case, but did grab 3-4 boxes. Should be arriving this week, so will post results once I get and break them

Trevor - I hope you enjoyed the break...some nice cards, but a big 3 would have been nice

I resisted the temptation of getting a case, but did grab 3-4 boxes. Should be arriving this week, so will post results once I get and break them

Good luck mate, hope you score a big name!

Nice break Trevor, congrats
my favs are the Anakin - Frazier sketch - nice ! / Qui Gon - Oatney sketch / Leia - Haun
The Melike Acar sketch should appeal to the right collector
Mate dont be disheartened, i think the break was above average (we have all experienced some disappointing breaks) - dont forget why we do what we do, the satisfaction of collecting :)

I picked up 4/boxes, i have a mate in the USA mailing them to me, should have them in 5-10 days, will post breaks when i receive

Nice break Trevor, congrats
my favs are the Anakin - Frazier sketch - nice ! / Qui Gon - Oatney sketch / Leia - Haun
The Melike Acar sketch should appeal to the right collector
Mate dont be disheartened, i think the break was above average (we have all experienced some disappointing breaks) - dont forget why we do what we do, the satisfaction of collecting :)

I picked up 4/boxes, i have a mate in the USA mailing them to me, should have them in 5-10 days, will post breaks when i receive

Thanks mate, yeah in the end the sketches saved it, no real stinkers among them and some really good ones in there too. The Frazier is probably my favorite too, it's like a painting in hand, a lot of effort went into it by the looks, and it captures the character so well.

I've actually just put most up on Ebay with to test the market, not desperate to move them, but happy to let them go if the price is right...

Good luck with your boxes!

Sold the Melike sketch today for $400...so that's helped cover a good bit of the cost of the case. Lot of the product up on Ebay, seems more flippers than collectors and probably a buyer's world right now. Hope it stabilises in the days to come..

Nice price Trevor on the Acar
There is certainly alot of product on Ebay @ the moment, i have picked up various Autos
Are you selling any of your Autos ? if so, please PM
Sold the Melike sketch today for $400...so that's helped cover a good bit of the cost of the case. Lot of the product up on Ebay, seems more flippers than collectors and probably a buyer's world right now. Hope it stabilises in the days to come..

Awesome Melike Acar sketch! Really like the Denae Frazier sketch (never heard of this artist before :oops:) and Jeff Zapata sketch too.

Yeah, there are a lot of the so-so auto's in the release...I suppose for the Star Wars fan who wants everyone they're okay, for the rest of us it's a bit like ... errr... who?

At least your sketches weren't terrible - have you figured out the artists ? The bottom right looks like Locoduk ?

I received my 4/four boxes yesterday, it was fun while it lasted, as follows

You can view all Star Wars Masterworks cards on my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.942728479085081.1073741881.941040262587236&type=3

0011.jpg
0027.jpg
0035.jpg
0046.jpg
0074.jpg
0091.jpg

Metal card back.JPG Metal card front.JPG
0064.jpg 0001.jpg 0029.jpg 0076.jpg 0018.jpg

6 sketches in total
2 Shield Bunker relic cards (Chewbacca 095/155 + R2-D2 09/255)
Darth Maul’s Lightsaber 47/50
Obi Wan Kenobi’s lightsaber 004/129
Han Solo’s Blaster 030/129
DM2 Metal card 08/10
DM6 204/299
Autos : Ian Liston / Orli Shoshan / Rusty Goffe / Dermot Crowley
Autos : Dickey Beer 13/25

Numbered inserts
#40 24/99
#70 62/99
#52 02/99
#72 35/50