*SPOILERS* Official NBL 2012/13 Season Thread

Perth has signed Everard Bartlett, re-signed Greg Hire and Jeremiah Trueman and confirmed the departure of Drew Williamson and Luke Nevill.

The Wildcats have now completed their roster for next season.

Just to let you guys know Ballinger wasn't dumped by Adelaide, was offered a contract but alot lower than previous years. Received a higher offer from Melbourne decided to leave.

He has made his intentions pretty clear too, hence why about a week ago I knew he was leaving. Has not been spotted around the club for about 4 weeks.

Ballinger is a big loss for Adelaide. He is the perfect 4/5 to back up Johnson and Schenscher.

Not if they can get a good defensive PF. Like a Carlos Powell type import.
Defensive and Carlos Powell do not belong in the same sentence mate :lol: But yeah, hopefully Adelaide can get a good 4/5 import.

What is your thoughts on them relying on Crosswell and Cadee to run the point?

Hopefully Ballinger is the answer to Melbourne's troubles! We were woeful last season!!
Melbourne requires much more than Ballinger to fix their troubles mate. Looks like Trevor Gleeson is going out the door soon. Melbourne really has been a joke over the last year.

Defensive and Carlos Powell do not belong in the same sentence mate :lol: But yeah, hopefully Adelaide can get a good 4/5 import.

What is your thoughts on them relying on Crosswell and Cadee to run the point?

Melbourne requires much more than Ballinger to fix their troubles mate. Looks like Trevor Gleeson is going out the door soon. Melbourne really has been a joke over the last year.

No but rebound wise and presence is what I meant. He was no Dwight or Hakeem but is certainly more offensive/defensive than DJ and Schensh.

Got a feeling they will look at a cheap import combo guard to help with PG/SG duties. Cadee still needs a year, surprised they didn't stick with Daly. Think he was a great up and coming point.

Sydney has done really bad with their signings so far, No Bose and Khazzouh and Signing Crosswhite and Harvey.

happy with the Wildcats team, Bartlett is a major upgrade from Williamson :)
Indeed. It means Lisch will not have to play point guard at all next season, which frees him up. Having 4 guards capable of carrying the ball is a bonus too.

Sydney has done really bad with their signings so far, No Bose and Khazzouh and Signing Crosswhite and Harvey.
Harvey isn't a great signing, but Crosswhite will be a decent replacement for Khazzouh. There is not much they could do with Khazzouh and Bose leaving, but I am surprised they let Jerai Grant go.

Finally, some more NBL news.....

The Melbourne Tigers are please to announce a further two key signings for the 2012/13 iiNet NBL Championship Season.

Tigers centre Matt Burston has signed a new contract to rejoin the club, while in a major coup the Tigers have secured the prize signature of young guard Nate Tomlinson.

http://dmlpj02vd15xf.cloudfront.net...emp_/Documents/201213_NBL_Schedule_public.pdf

Fixture is out. Are the Tigers not playing at the cage this season? All our home game are Venue TBC. Either way with Anstey the new coach and a few good signings, looking forward to this season
I think they are moving some games to Hisense Arena mate.

And what are the different types of all star formats we can vote for? What's north v south, east v west and Australian v internationals?

http://www.nbl.com.au/all-star/
Pretty much the same as the NBA, except Aus vs Internationals is Australian players vs imports and NZ players.

I think they are moving some games to Hisense Arena mate.

Pretty much the same as the NBA, except Aus vs Internationals is Australian players vs imports and NZ players.

Ok thanks mate. I hope they move the games to Hisense, went to the south dragons game there, great arena.

I'd rather have north v south, east and west is already in nba and I think the other option wouldn't be good. I'm planning to go to the all star game. Is dunk contest coming back to?

Back
Top Bottom