*SPOILERS* Official NBL 2012/13 Season Thread

After a great start to the season, the Hawks have now dropped back a bit and if Rhys Martin is out for an extended period, they are gonna find it tough to hang on to that 4th spot. I hope Rhys is ok because he has been having a great season.

Think it is about time the Hawks got a conditioning coach (if they don't have one) or get a new one (if they do have one). I reckon for the past 3 seasons the Hawks have had a high level of injuries that has seen them go from finals contenders to finals pretenders.

Sometimes it sucks to be a Hawks fan

After a great start to the season, the Hawks have now dropped back a bit and if Rhys Martin is out for an extended period, they are gonna find it tough to hang on to that 4th spot. I hope Rhys is ok because he has been having a great season.

A few years back I did not think much of Rhys as a player but he has improved a lot this year and I reckon would be in the running for the most improved.

I agree Garth. I thought he was great in 2010 when McKee was out injured and he is having a great season this season.

Don't think that the 15 point margin gives the Cats credit for the thrashing they just gave the Tigers. The whole last quarter was "garbage time" And Flynn had only 9 points up to 3 quarter time, totally shut down by Martyn. GO WILDCATS.

Here's this season's heritage jerseys...

Adelaide
618303a85ddd11e2826f22000a9f13e9_7.jpg

Cairns
7433cf0e5e0b11e2a82422000a9e07ae_7.jpg

Melbourne
64f698785df711e288f622000a1fbc72_7.jpg

New Zealand
f2b57be65de011e28a6422000a9e08ee_7.jpg

Perth
376c79a85e0711e2b09522000a1f9363_7.jpg

Sydney
1cd77f245dea11e2a3d822000a1f9be5_7.jpg

Townsville
d2f8320c5de611e2942f22000a9f140e_7.jpg

Wollongong
fe69c2825e0611e29dbc22000a1f9e59_7.jpg

So Rhys Martin and Lance Hurdle both out for the season. Terrible news for Wollongong and obviously Rhys and Lance.

Rumours suggest Wollongong will offer CJ Massingale a contract.

Speaking of, has anyone seen Scott Christopherson's stats? Wow!

So Rhys Martin and Lance Hurdle both out for the season. Terrible news for Wollongong and obviously Rhys and Lance.

Rumours suggest Wollongong will offer CJ Massingale a contract.

Speaking of, has anyone seen Scott Christopherson's stats? Wow!

Well there goes the Hawks season!

That's terrible for the Hawks - they were looking pretty good. I wonder if any of the teams below will take their final spot, or can they hang on?

Hope CJ Massingale gets another shot at the NBL.

As for Scott Christopherson - he is one of the strangest import choice I have seen! - After watching their latest game Adelaide don't use him much anyways.

As for Scott Christopherson - he is one of the strangest import choice I have seen! - After watching their latest game Adelaide don't use him much anyways.

Christopherson: 20.6mpg, 2ppg, 3.7rpg, 16.7fg%, 14.33p% (1-7)

Massingale: 9.7mpg, 4.1ppg, 0.9rpg, 41.4fg%, 23.53p% (4-17)

Meanwhile, when Massingale gets decent minutes at Wollongong and shows exactly what he can do, Marty Clarke will look like even more of a fool than he already does, if that is possible!

^^^^ No its not possible to make Marty Clarke a bigger fool. Marty has single handily destroyed the Adelaide 36ers. A once proud club is now a laughing stock of the NBL.

At least he will be gone next year thats one good thing

So Boti Nagy has said in his blog that due to visa problems, the Hawks will not be signing Massingale.

Carter is a good signing for the Cats. Maybe not as aggressive on defence, but a definite upgrade offensively on Robbo.

Carter is a good signing for the Cats. Maybe not as aggressive on defence, but a definite upgrade offensively on Robbo.

Definitely an upgrade on current PG setup, gives us another ball handler, and allows Lisch to play off the ball, instead of bringing it up, which I really like as well.

Definitely an upgrade on current PG setup, gives us another ball handler, and allows Lisch to play off the ball, instead of bringing it up, which I really like as well.
Yep and means Bartlett doesn't have to play the point, which is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom