*SPOILERS* Official NBL 2012/13 Season Thread

I have no idea what all that was about. I assume some people thought it would be a good idea to get #NBL13 trending and it blew up fairly quickly.

Comments were needed, there has been some atrocious reffing this season and changes need to be made, no one usually has the balls to say it though, BUT, if people are normally fined for less, then he should have been fined too. Another example of inconsistencies.

No doubt the reffing this season has been bad, mainly due to inconsistencies, but the league can't let the "ex-NBA" guy get away with that.

Flynn was just upset that he had been torn a new one by the leagues best defender.

The National Basketball League’s first round schedule for the 2013 iiNet NBL Championship Finals Series has been confirmed, following an exciting conclusion to the regular season.

The Wollongong Hawks and Sydney Kings will join the New Zealand Breakers and Perth Wildcats in the NBL Finals Series, following final round victories.

finals.jpg

New Zealand Breakers vs Sydney Kings

Game One
Thursday 28 March @ Vector Arena
Tip-off: 7:30pm (local time)
TV: 12:30AM Nationally on ONE
Online: LIVE on NBL.TV for PC’s, tablets and mobile
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Game Two
Monday 1 April @ Sydney Entertainment Centre
Tip-off: 2:00pm (local time)
TV: 10:30pm Nationally on ONE
Tickets: Members Priority Period: Monday 25 March at 10:00am AEDT to Tuesday 26 March at 5:00pm AEDT. General Public from Monday March 25 at 10:00am AEDT. www.ticketmaster.com.au or call 136 100

Game Three (if required)
Wednesday 3 April @ Vector Arena
TV: Time TBC on ONE
Tickets: www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Perth Wildcats vs Wollongong Hawks

Game One
Thursday 28 March @ Perth Arena
TV: 10:30PM Nationally on ONE (LIVE into VIC, NSW, ACT & TAS)
Tickets: www.ticketek.com.au or call 132 849

Game Two
Sunday 31 March @ WIN Entertainment Centre
Tip-off: 1:00pm (local time)
TV: 1:00pm LIVE on TEN
Tickets: Members Priority Period: Monday 25 March at 10:00am AEDT to Wednesday 27 March at 5:00pm AEDT. General Public from Wednesday 27 March at 5:00pm AEDT. www.ticketek.com.au or call 132 849

Game Three (if required)
Thursday 4 April @ Perth Arena
TV: 10:30PM Nationally on ONE (LIVE into VIC, NSW, ACT & TAS)
Tickets: www.ticketek.com.au or call 132 849

not to sound bad but im kinda glad he has retired looks a shadow of himself this year! Hopefully Cody Ellis is ready to come home and play for the Cats

Yeah I agree, it is probably a good thing for the Wildcats.

Lets just hope we can re-sign Bevo and Lisch.

It will be a big loss if Lisch leaves the Cats, but he is replaceable. Just a shame Gliddon went to Cairns.

Both myself and the wife are huge NBL fans and are Hawks Season Ticket Holders. Before we moved to NSW we were 36ER'season Ticket Holders so we have always loved our NBL. It was disappointing to see the Hawks get rolled but not really all that surprising. The result got us talking as to how the league has come a little bit stale and perhaps too predictable with NZ and Perth always being upo near the top so we have come up with the following rule changes to apply to Perth & NZ only (sorry Perth & NZ fans)

1 There roster must consist of only 5 players
2 No player can be taller than Nate Robinson
3 They can not call time outs
4 When the opposition calls a time out they must do sprints up and down the court
5 There feet can not leave the ground at any time
6 The game goes back to 12 Minute Quarters but they can only be on the court for 10 minutes a quarter
7 All players must have been born within a 25km radius of their home stadium
8 They are not allowed to use air transport to get to games

Now the introduction of these rules just may give the other teams a slight chance to perhaps make the Grand Final (although I probably doubt it because the refs would probably f#ck the whole thing up)

I hope the Perth and NZ fans accept this for the joke that it is

Haha good stuff Garth.

To be honest mate, Wollongong will probably get game 2 and would be right up there with Perth and NZ if they hadn't lost 3 starters to knee injuries.

Back
Top Bottom