Sooooooo Pissed Off!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit - l didn’t think this though well. I should have put a penny sleeve b/w the card and top loader and will do so in future.

GoMoto,

Well, that will definitely help.. I don't think you are a bad trader.. but we all could solve any issues...by being friendly and nicely.. I scanned alot of cards and sometimes the deal didn't even go through even I would sell at less than 50%BV... it happens all the time here.. :) so, the value or quality or the time invested on scanning is what matters in hobby and I am happy to do so.. and I don't believe anyone who won't spend fair amount of time while they do trade as true collectors, because this is our hobby.... we do this by choice.

so, let's move on...instead of having a mini war here..

alright guys??? what's done is done and GoMoto initially didn't mean it, I think what triggered Mavs's disappointment was his reply...

Sometimes, apologetic manners will help...

Mavs,

sorry to hear about your card corners..

Well said. I don;t care if I am sending a base card worth didly, I put it/them in toploaders.

Well said yourself Ben. I'm usually not one to get involved in these types of things but it's pretty simple, do to others what you want done to yourself. No matter what I'm sending there's always top loaders involved, sometimes many, plus I tend to go spastic with sticky tape too but anyway..

Moto mate, just imagine if you received a card packaged the same way and it had been damaged in the mail, damage that could have been averted had the card been in a top loader? I'm sure you wouldn't be very impressed either.

Well said. I don;t care if I am sending a base card worth didly, I put it/them in toploaders.

Just to make it clear, l was not trying to justify there was not a toploader in the package. Mavs just got me pissed with his pm (which l feel l dont need to share). I dont need to sink to those lows.

Mavs cock - a response like that shows real class, maybe your the one that needs an education with big words like that.

For those in future that want to deal with me - your more than welcome and expect nothing but total satisfaction.
For those in the past that have dealt with me - you know the service l provide.

I admit - l didn’t think this though well. I should have put a penny sleeve b/w the card and top loader and will do so in future.

This is pathetic.

You don't send a bit of cardboard, which is effectively valued largely on its condition by putting it in the equivalent of glad wrap and sending it across the country. No excuse for this, scratched surface indeed... :lol:

I have more class in my arse than you've exhibited here, Mavs complaint is valid and you've done nothing but ruin your reputation by responding in this manner. A rational person would accept that they had sent the card poorly protected and apologise, not start calling someone a cock like a 3rd grade child.

That said I'm sure you're a great person when you're not pissed off, perhaps this thread shouldn't be responded to any further as noone's doing themselves any favours.

:wave:

PS I don't pretend to know the whole story I'm going on what's in this thread.

Not trying to perswae opinions but if I was seller or trader who sent a card a person was not happy with I would simply give a refund /send card back then everything back to normall(kind of) maybe if that happend, a negetive could be removed, but I think its best left up to the admins, ive made a mistake sending out a card once it was in a top loader with two straped each side wrapped in bubble wrap heavealiy but I forgot to put in a box I put in express envolope I was majorly stressed at the time and tottaly forgot so maybe go moto made a mistake ive received from him and the card is exellent condition (sent in top loader) but I still think Admins. One thing also to remember I would try my best to stay polite with mavs man if I did something wrong hes been on here for ages so he owes more respect then me and alot of other members.

I made the mistake of having a rant like this, only to find that it was an honest mistake from the seller, and now as far as I am concerned, all is fine and we've done more deals smoothly, granted he didn't resort to name calling.

It's meant to be a fun hobby guys, leave the names and trashtalking for the court or something :)

Well, I dont usually make posts, but this has to be an exception.

Personally I have dealt with GoMoto numerous times both on OzCardTrader and eBay, with some of the transactions over US$1,000 (!!), and all have gone 100% smoothly, as his earlier feedback here suggests. Those 30 people who have done deals with him on this site, and hundreds out of this site who have had NO PROBLEMS before, and what, it takes 1 person who decided to post a public thread about a problem to ruin a person's reputation??!! Who doesnt have problems - there will always be deals which arent perfect! You do the best u can to resolve it, not have a royal whinge on a forum.

And the rest of you, chiming in with your pearls of wisdom - you guys solve all the problems dont you??!! I dont think you can judge anything without knowing the full facts, which it seems we are ALL not privy to. I am not going to judge on who is right, or who is wrong, besides saying personally I think MavsMan made a huge mistake posting publicly -

This should be a private matter between GoMoto and MavsMan, and should ALWAYS HAVE BEEN PRIVATE - now that it has become public what can be done to resolve it? The damage has already been done.

One accusation whether right or wrong is enough to damage someone's reputation - it's when it is wrong and it has been made public that you really wonder...

I tend to agree. Obviously GoMoto made a mistake and that is what the feedback is for. A negative would have covered it I would think. Having said that, I definitely understand MavsMan's frustration, having dealt with a similar issue on ebay recently myself. In the end, probably best to resolve these issues privately though, or with the help of an Admin and best not to start threads like this, where neither of the 2 have really done themselves any favours.

Well, I dont usually make posts, but this has to be an exception.

Personally I have dealt with GoMoto numerous times both on OzCardTrader and eBay, with some of the transactions over US$1,000 (!!), and all have gone 100% smoothly, as his earlier feedback here suggests. Those 30 people who have done deals with him on this site, and hundreds out of this site who have had NO PROBLEMS before, and what, it takes 1 person who decided to post a public thread about a problem to ruin a person's reputation??!! Who doesnt have problems - there will always be deals which arent perfect! You do the best u can to resolve it, not have a royal whinge on a forum.

And the rest of you, chiming in with your pearls of wisdom - you guys solve all the problems dont you??!! I dont think you can judge anything without knowing the full facts, which it seems we are ALL not privy to. I am not going to judge on who is right, or who is wrong, besides saying personally I think MavsMan made a huge mistake posting publicly -

This should be a private matter between GoMoto and MavsMan, and should ALWAYS HAVE BEEN PRIVATE - now that it has become public what can be done to resolve it? The damage has already been done.

One accusation whether right or wrong is enough to damage someone's reputation - it's when it is wrong and it has been made public that you really wonder...

You're speaking from your experience, I'm speaking from mine.

The Neg is warranted, and this post was warranted in my opinion. With the response I got after the neg, and to be insulted, I thought it was my right to let everyone else know what sort of person Moto is.

Sure, I obviously pissed him off, and he's probably not always like that, but it's funny when you see the true side of people.

Bottom line, the packaging was inappropriate, and unacceptable, and his reaction towards me after I asked why a top loader was not used, was not on. I won't stand for being told I'm in the wrong, when I'm the buyer and receive a card or cards like that.

I wouldnt say this is reconciled, it's more a learning curve for me. As I won't be dealing with Moto any more. I've shared my experience, and if people choose not to deal with Moto after this thread, then I can only say he has himself to blame for that.

This will be my last post about this subject.

Again – l admit, l should have thought about it more before l sent out. This was my mistake. The card was sent with the best intentions.

To all the members who were happy to take a pot shot at me - it’s easy to jump on the ban wagon and gang up. I ask you this – would you do it if you weren’t able to hide behind your keyboards. No, l don’t think so.

Staying polite with a long standing member? Well sorry. No. Anyone who doesn’t respect me won’t get any in return. I don’t care who you are.

Mavsman – Let this be a lesson to you. If you want to air dirty laundry be prepared to look like a fool.

Other members looking to trade with Mavsman - CAUTION, he like to cry when something doesnt go his way.

Regards

This will be my last post about this subject.

Again – l admit, l should have thought about it more before l sent out. This was my mistake. The card was sent with the best intentions.

To all the members who were happy to take a pot shot at me - it’s easy to jump on the ban wagon and gang up. I ask you this – would you do it if you weren’t able to hide behind your keyboards. No, l don’t think so.

Staying polite with a long standing member? Well sorry. No. Anyone who doesn’t respect me won’t get any in return. I don’t care who you are.

Mavsman – Let this be a lesson to you. If you want to air dirty laundry be prepared to look like a fool.

Other members looking to trade with Mavsman - CAUTION, he like to cry when something doesnt go his way.

Regards

Nah hang on a minute....

Look like a fool??? Tell me where I've gone wrong in any of this???

Cry when something doesnt go my way???

It's all fine to say you done wrong, which it's obvious, but again, where have I gone wrong?

You f-cked up in this deal mate, I paid you for the card. That's all I had to do in this deal. It's when you send it unprotected that it's bound to piss me off. Perhaps you should take a moment to reflect on OzCardTraders Guidelines for sending out cards in deals....

I'll be the first to put my hand up and whinge about it, but all for the right reasons.

I called you out, as it was obvious I wasnt going to get a response from you via a PM, other than insults.

And as for Admin, well they've been notified about this issue, not that anything has been done about it. They've all been on tonight, I know that 2 of them have read this thread, but chose not to do anything about it.

It'll most likely be locked down come morning, so I might as well get it all out. :mad:

EDIT:
I'd bet my left nut that if this had have been an ebay transaction I'd have copped a Negative retalation feedback, as that's the type of trader you come across to me as.

I don't know either party, I've got nothing invested in the thing, and I don't have any inclination to join an online slagging session for a giggle. But seriously, you're coming across as a dickhead. That doesn't mean you are a dickhead, of course -- I'm sure you're not. But you're really coming across that way. A modicum of maturity would've ensured your reputation came out clean.

by no means am i having a go at gomoto as well but i received 2 cards in the mail from him as well today, a $4 Marcus Williams RC in a top loader and a Marcus Williams/Deron Williams Dual Auto/jsy 1/79 (which i paid BV for) without a top loader in a team bag....the dual auto was free to slide around inside the team bag but thank god there wasn't any damage to corners etc...
because of the no damage, fast postage and being a friendly member to deal with i left a positive feedback with a honest comment
at the end of the day the mods have a packaging guidelines thread(which has been posted up in this thread) and everyone should agree to it b4 they trade, cards regardless of how much their worth should ALWAYS be in toploaders with some sticky tape over the top to stop the card from sticking out the top along it journey, i even tape some cardboard decoy cards from box breaks on the outside of the toploaders just to be extra safe coz my mates girlfriend works for Aust Post and she told me the guys throw stuff around all day and don't get a damn:mad:
Mavs i understand where ur coming from and i think u have the right to leave a neg but this thread was maybe taking it to far....
Gomoto u r a great guy to deal with but use toploaders in the future, there only $5.65 for a pack of 25....

Just so the thread has some practical use, could you tell me where to get toploaders for that price Leroy? :)

Just so the thread has some practical use, could you tell me where to get toploaders for that price Leroy? :)

sure, i got about 200 the other week from ebay seller 8088edge, last time i looked the toploaders perfect for jersey/thick cards were $5.65 for a pack of 25 and he had Ultra top loaders perfect for RC's/Auto's/base for $4.50 for a pack of 25 also:)
he's super fast in shipping and being as u live in NSW u would probably get em quicker;)

I don't know either party, I've got nothing invested in the thing, and I don't have any inclination to join an online slagging session for a giggle. But seriously, you're coming across as a dickhead. That doesn't mean you are a dickhead, of course -- I'm sure you're not. But you're really coming across that way. A modicum of maturity would've ensured your reputation came out clean.

Another moron that l've had a problem with before!!!
Makes a deal, then doesnt respond to a pm. Real cheap way of getting back at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom