Small but eclectic mailday

Dodgydave

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David Dawkins
I figured I'd post another TCDb trade as I have a few trickling in at the moment.

It's a rather small trade for some not too exciting cards, but there is a bit of a diverse range so might tickle someone's fancy!

Apologies as always for the photography...

HOWonderbreak.jpg
HOWonderbreadB.jpg

This oddball was the main focus of the trade — 1997 Wonder Bread (Mexico). It's not incredibly rare, but they don't pop up all the time so tracking down the Olajuwon was great.

The rest of the trade was just filler but it adds to the variety...

TCDbmisc.jpg

Excuse the weird photo angle, when I took the pic I thought I was going to have more crop/rotate options than my laptop provided.

1977-78 Topps Gail Goodrich — I always appreciate a 1970s (or earlier) card of a Hall of Famer.
1994-95 Ultra Ultra Power Karl Malone — I traded away a few similar scarcity '90s inserts in this trade so nice to get at least one back.
2007-08 Topps Chrome 1957-58 Variations Dolph Schayes — I really like the non-Chrome '57-58 variations, but didn't have any Chrome or many Schayes cards so a nice add of a very old-school legend.
2022-23 Panini Flux Steven Adams /75 — I don't have any form of Adams PC but I am usually up to add any interesting cards of the big fella. (Though, man Flux is fugly...)

TCDbRCs.jpg

And some Panini RCs for the modern fans out there!

I try to grab a RC of all Hall of Fame players, or those headed that way. It probably pains some people, but with four DPOTY I think Gobert is a sure thing, hence adding a RC of his. I'm probably showing a slight Rockets bias with the Sengun and Thompson RCs and Barnes is a guy I didn't have a true RC of (just a parallel of a RC). (To be clear I don't think Barnes, Sengun or Thompson are HOFers, just some interesting players!)

So a fairly mall trade, but something to keep the forum active and some mailday interest flowing.

Spot on, post what you get and keep the forums active. Been a while since I've done a good ol' trade. Godo to see some odd ball stuff like the Wonderbread tallboy.

...and a Kiwi with no Steven Adams PC? For shame.... lol :-P

Spot on, post what you get and keep the forums active. Been a while since I've done a good ol' trade. Godo to see some odd ball stuff like the Wonderbread tallboy.

...and a Kiwi with no Steven Adams PC? For shame.... lol :-P

Thanks, the odd balls do provide some variety to the collection.

I'm up to 29 Adams cards now,.could I call it a small PC?! :ermm:

I have noticed that if I ever felt like "investing/flipping" cards his would be a great way to go. They are very cheap in the US and way more expensive here in NZ, but seem to still sell here.

Had a trade arrive from Europe quicker than I expected so will add it to this thread. The cards are not as oddball as the Wonder Bread but still a little different from standard releases.

I traded a bunch of 1994-95 Collector's Choice Coca Cola Australian Promo cards for these (and some $). I have hundreds of these cards and they are easily my most popular trade bait to the US and Europe. I was curious if anyone else was sitting on a pile of these? They seem quite in demand.

HO9394UDWallmart.jpg

1993-94 Upper Deck — Jumbo — looks like the standard Team MVP card, but it is actually an oversized 3x5" that came in Walmart blister packs

HO96UDUSAGold.jpg
HO9394GGSpain.jpg

1996 Upper Deck USA Follow Your Dreams Gold — from the set of 12 that was received for sending in the winning exchange card for the top scorer for Team USA at the 1996 Olympics (David Robinson).
1993-94 Upper Deck Gold Grahams Spanish — slowly rounding the Olajuwon Golden Grahams up...

HO9495CCFrenchGS.jpg
HO9596CCPort.jpg

1994-95 Collectors Choice French Gold Signature and 1995-96 Collector's Choice Portuguese — as with the Golden Grahams I am slowly tracking down all the Olajuwon cards from the European Collector's Choice releases. Slowly....

Thanks for looking.

There are some cool cards certainly, I just wish there were not so many different European releases that all look the same (on the front at least).
Yeah, I definitely get the frustration with those!

Is the only difference on the back the language?

You are mainly correct, the different country variations have English and the country's language (French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Japanese from memory).

However, there are also English cards (released in England/Great Britain) that only have English language so you need to identify them via their number, which is different to the US counterparts.

Also cards like Golden Grahams (a cereal) are the same as their foreign language counterparts, but have different numbers again.

So it's all good fun!

Back
Top Bottom